PDA

View Full Version : Scary, my first thread, but how weird is it to root for the Yankees?

MarySwiss
07-07-2005, 06:36 PM
Never thought I would root for those jerks, but Cleveland really scares me, especially given their lollipop schedue in the second half. So I'm rooting for the Yankees to sweep. Yikes!

Please someone, talk me down!

fquaye149
07-07-2005, 06:41 PM
Anyone who would root for a non-divisional team playing a divisional contender, even if the non-divisional team is the Cubs (especially, actually), raises instant questions about whether the Sox are the most important team in his or her life.

In other words, I completely agree with your decision to root root root for the Yankees in this case! :)

GoRowand33
07-07-2005, 06:44 PM
i agree never root for a division contender

however the indians are a very young team and young teams are generally inconsistent

so the point is they will be streaky and within a month or so will probably be hovering around .500(remember last year when they caught up to the twins in early augost or so only to completely blow it)

nedlug
07-07-2005, 06:56 PM
i agree never root for a division contender

What about Royals v. anyone? GO ROYALS!

Fenway
07-07-2005, 07:00 PM
For obvious reason I hope The Tribe does very well

It's going to be Sox vs Sox in October, I can feel it.

GoRowand33
07-07-2005, 07:01 PM

i wouldnt call the royals contenders

nedlug
07-07-2005, 07:03 PM
i wouldnt call the royals contenders

Sorry, didn't read closely enough. But GO ROYALS!

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-07-2005, 07:06 PM
For obvious reason I hope The Tribe does very well

It's going to be Sox vs Sox in October, I can feel it.

sorry fenway, GO BALTIMORE

MarySwiss
07-07-2005, 07:07 PM

Yes! Totally agree! Go Royals, except for when they play the Sox, of course.

But not the Tigers. Go Tigers against Twinks and Toons, but that's all. After all, according to some (one?) of their players, they're the better (or was it best?) team. So we must live in fear of them.

Or not.

MarySwiss
07-07-2005, 07:09 PM
Man! I'm watching the Indians vs Yanks game on MLB and getting the Yankees feed. Ouch! Painful!

Fenway
07-07-2005, 07:23 PM
Man! I'm watching the Indians vs Yanks game on MLB and getting the Yankees feed. Ouch! Painful!

Kaye and Kaat are actually OK

want painful? Try WCBS 880 Radio Free Steinbrenner

Sterling and Dame Edna are hopeless

Chips
07-07-2005, 07:27 PM
You have to root for the Yankmes tonight, playing against Cleveland. I'm rooting for them bceause I got a bet saying they will win that division. But after seeing their fans petition to get Jeter on the team, I really don't care if I lose the bet, but let them beat Cleveland.

SoxSpeed22
07-07-2005, 08:02 PM
5-2 Yankmees.

Tragg
07-07-2005, 09:15 PM
In general, I think it is in our best interest for the wild-card NOT to come from the central, so that we can play Baltimore or Texas instead of Aneheim or Boston.
That said, if the Yankees make the wild-card, I might regret that.