PDA

View Full Version : All-Star game a joke without Jeter -- Dibble

ISU_Jer
07-07-2005, 06:29 PM
Rob Dibble is all up in a huff about Jeter not making the All-Star game. My favorite quote, "Jeter is the Jordan of baseball"

Here is the link to the article.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/3745186

Give me a break!

Go Sox!

ewokpelts
07-07-2005, 06:31 PM
Rob Dibble is all up in a huff about Jeter not making the All-Star game. My favorite quote, "Jeter is the Jordan of baseball"

Here is the link to the article.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/3745186

Give me a break!

Go Sox!
this coming from a guy not good enough for espn? give me a feeekin break.....

Dibbs
07-07-2005, 06:34 PM
Dibble better not quit his day job....oh wait, that is his day job...maybe he should quit.

That article is one of the many pathetic articles I have read today.

chaerulez
07-07-2005, 06:36 PM
Anyone who would take Jeter out of all the players in MLB to start a franchise with is an idiot and has no credibility. Puljous and Tejada are two players that are better to build a team around. You could argue that Vlad and A-Rod also are better players to build a team around than Jeter.

A_ROW33
07-07-2005, 06:37 PM
I also love this one "Derek Jeter is better than the All-Star game"

RallyBowl
07-07-2005, 06:42 PM
:chunks

A_ROW33
07-07-2005, 06:43 PM
Anyone who would take Jeter out of all the players in MLB to start a franchise with is an idiot and has no credibility. Puljous and Tejada are two players that are better to build a team around. You could argue that Vlad and A-Rod also are better players to build a team around than Jeter.

There are a dozen guys better to build a team around than jeter, I know we could go on and on with this but how about Ichiro, or Bobby Abreu?

Also the New York Yankees are built around jeter, as evident that even A-Rod had to change positions to accomodate jeter, and even with about 200 million spent on the supporting cast they are still about a 500 ball club

GoRowand33
07-07-2005, 06:47 PM
well dibble: its the fans game and we voted for scotty so you can shut up

(god even the biased espn fired this guy)

but also who cares what he says

chisoxfan64
07-07-2005, 06:50 PM
He should get a tattoo of Jeter on his ass.

whitesoxfan
07-07-2005, 06:52 PM
who cares, Dibble sucks.

Jeter is the Jordan of baseball? We can see where his loyalty lies...stupid Yankee fan.

GiveMeSox
07-07-2005, 06:52 PM
well dibble: its the fans game and we voted for scotty so you can shut up

(god even the biased espn fired this guy)

but also who cares what he says

He might have case for Jeter being more deserving than Young for the back up role. I kinda just think everyone is sick of the same old guys all the time, IE jeter. Lets give someone else a shot, and I think about 3.9 mil people agree with that. If dibble doesn't like it than he should have voted 3.91 million times for jeter becuase 3.9 mil people seem to disagree with him.

Hendu
07-07-2005, 07:03 PM
Wonder if Dibble also thinks the playoffs will be a joke without Jeter this year? :redneck

nedlug
07-07-2005, 07:06 PM
Lets give someone else a shot, and I think about 3.9 mil people agree with that. If dibble doesn't like it than he should have voted 3.91 million times for jeter becuase 3.9 mil people seem to disagree with him.

And the LEADING vote-getter from the first election that took a couple months got 4.1M! Some people really want to see Pods!

JB98
07-07-2005, 07:10 PM
Tejada is the best shortstop in the AL. The fans got it right. You can't be the "Jordan of baseball" when you aren't even the best at your own position.

Pasqua's Posers
07-07-2005, 07:11 PM
I also love this one "Derek Jeter is better than the All-Star game"

what do you expect from Rob Dibble?!??

Chips
07-07-2005, 07:21 PM
Was there this much fuss when Jeter wasn't on the 2003 All Star Team? I don't remember.

Fenway
07-07-2005, 07:21 PM
Fox must be thrilled they have to re-edit the pinball ad :D:

TimoPerez
07-07-2005, 07:44 PM
Tejada is the best shortstop in the AL. The fans got it right. You can't be the "Jordan of baseball" when you aren't even the best at your own position.

He's not even the best shortstop on his team.:smile:

SoxSpeed22
07-07-2005, 07:48 PM
Was there this much fuss when Jeter wasn't on the 2003 All Star Team? I don't remember.I don't think so, but I think there was more attention about Varitek winning the vote. Also, Jeter wasn't even considered for the final vote. Because a Red Sox guy got in instead of a White Sox guy, all of baseball could be in peace.

Foulke You
07-07-2005, 08:09 PM
Wow, reading the whining and crying coming from that article made me that much more satisfied with stuffing the box for Scotty.:D:

I can't believe he actually compared him to Michael Jordan and said that he is better than the All Star Game. *****!!! Have a nice restful 3 days Jeter, I'm going to enjoy not seeing your arrogant mug plastered on my TV on Tuesday.

Derek Jeter's All Star Chances: NAH NAH NAH NAH HEY HEY HEY GOOD BYE!! :cool:

JB98
07-07-2005, 08:10 PM
He's not even the best shortstop on his team.:smile:

Good post. You are right.

TimoPerez
07-07-2005, 08:42 PM
Good post. You are right.

Thank you.:cool:

Banix12
07-07-2005, 10:24 PM
First if Jeter were the Jordan of Baseball he would have won on the initial ballot.

Second, this whole election basically proved that ESPN was wrong in its assumption that everybody likes Jeter. Jeter is not the face of baseball, he maybe the face of the Yankees but not of baseball. If he were the face of baseball he would have won handily no matter what level of campaigning the sox pulled.

third, who really cares what Dibble thinks

ChiSoxRowand
07-07-2005, 11:55 PM
There is no way Jeter should even be mentioned in the same sentence as Jordan. Tejada and Young have better numbers than him, the media needs to realize that.

Mr. White Sox
07-08-2005, 12:47 AM
Fox must be thrilled they have to re-edit the pinball ad :D:

:tealpolice:
"OH MY GOD! THAT'S LIKE THE FIFTH ONE TODAY SIR!"
"I KNOW! WE'RE GONNA NEED THE S.W.A.T. TEAM SOON!"

The best SS in the AL, nay, the MLB, are Miguel Tejada and Michael Young, offensively at least. I am sick and tired of hearing about Jeter and his showy jump-throw that uses 150% energy for 100% effort. Lame.

gosox3072
07-08-2005, 12:49 AM
Seems to me niether Jordan or Magic Johnson were in last years NBA all star game. But i guess dibble couldnt imigine one without them.

ISU_Jer
07-08-2005, 01:13 AM
this whole election basically proved that ESPN was wrong in its assumption that everybody likes Jeter.

ESPN, MLB, NY, and East Coast dominated media hacks are ticked!! Too fricking bad!

Go Pod!

&

Go Sox!

Ol' No. 2
07-08-2005, 01:17 AM
So....with all these mediots going berserk that Podsednik beat out Jeter...I guess that makes all that time spent voting worth it, eh?:cool:

Banix12
07-08-2005, 01:25 AM
So....with all these mediots going berserk that Podsednik beat out Jeter...I guess that makes all that time spent voting worth it, eh?:cool:

Hell yeah, this bizzare outrage over Jeter is one of the funniest things I have ever seen. Worth every hour spent voting.

RadioheadRocks
07-08-2005, 02:32 AM
To all those moaning about Jeter not making the All-Star game, allow me to dedicate a song to you:

"HEY! Get-get-get-get GET OVER IT!!!"

TDog
07-08-2005, 02:50 AM
My initial reaction to reading Dibble's assessment was, well, Dibble is an authority on baseball jokes. That's exactly what the Sox bullpen was when Rob Dibble was acting as its chief prankster. I laughed so hard that game he came in with a 2-run lead against the Angels, gave up a lead-off single, a sharply hit doubleplay ball and then proceeded to let the Angels tie the game with without hitting a ball ... fair.

I don't follow basketball, but apparently Michael Jordan used to be elected to start All-Star games. Jeter plays a glamor position with the biggest-market team in the history of the world. If he can't get elected to start the All-Star Game, he's no Michael Jordan.

Dibble remains an expert on jokes, though. Now, apparently, he is a broadcasting joke.

The Racehorse
07-08-2005, 06:00 AM
Glad to see Dibbs remind us that Jeter is the center of baseball's universe. :kukoo: