PDA

View Full Version : Sox TV audio on CSN last night?

Rocklive99
07-07-2005, 04:01 PM
I was reading through the postgame thread, and saw that a lot of people lost their audio during the game last night? I am watching on DirecTV and had the problem with the Bulls earlier in the year but not last night. I haven't heard about the problem alot, so they might not know about it, so I'd email them csnchicagowebsite@comcastsportsnet.com and let them know. I know the game was moved up to normal CSN since the Flubs got rained out so I don't know if this had anything to do witih it.

Anyways, it's a shame if this happened to any, because it was chilling for me when Honda announced Pods as an allstar, great moment.

Also, my favorite part of last night's broadcast, when Hawk was talking about what a great story this was, he went on to call it a community story, and DJ chimed in with "a love story". I was :rolling: . MJH are making fun of it today, but I'm sure it was more of a sarcastic comment and it got a laugh out of me, I usually don't say this much, but big up to DJ! :thumbsup:

Since this thread isn't a complete waste, I was wondering what everyone has thought of Comcast's coverage of the Sox this year. I think it is a huge upgrade over Fox Sports Net, the only issues being the video/audio problems they've had in the past. That said, the picture quality is usually excellent for me, I like the local flavor, and Sportsnite is the way to go to highlights since ESPN decided they hated us a while ago. Now if only DirecTV would pick up their HD feed...

(yes, i get bored on offdays...)

LVSoxFan
07-07-2005, 04:05 PM
It happened on Comcast on the North Side as well. But, get this, the game was also on CLTV so if you flipped over to that, ouila! There was audio.

Go figure.

mweflen
07-07-2005, 04:11 PM
I have almost always had audio problems with Comcast's feed on the north side (Western & Lawrence). It will drop out of 5.1 ch sound into 2ch stereo, just long enough to make my receiver switch over, then pop back into 5.1. Very annoying, as it causes a tiny bit of audio to be dropped.

"You can put... on the .... Yes!!"

It seems to have improved though - i noticed no dropouts in last night's broadcast.

I have found their coverage better than FSN also, as their pre-post shows are more in-depth. Picture quality has been good, but not as good as WGNHD - it's a little grainy, esp. the regular behind-pitcher AB cam. (MUCH better than Fox's so-called "HD" feed, though). Audio is my only trouble spot. (i have comcast's HD DVR cable box, have had no other chanels with audio issues, so I know it's comcast's signal)

wildcat
07-07-2005, 04:15 PM
When CSN works I like it a lot. I've never had audio problems, but maybe my TV setup just isn't sophisticated enough to notice them. :smile: I have had major problems, though, with losing the feed altogether. I have RCN, and there are times when CSN will show up for maybe a minute at a time, with long pauses in between where a screen shows up that says something like "problems accessing channel feed." All the other channels work just fine. I didn't have any problem last night on either CSN or CSN+, but it's happened quite a few times in the past.

Kogs35
07-07-2005, 04:16 PM
im in nj right now and i have mlb.tv not mlb extra innings and i had the game on channel640 on directv and the audio was in and out all night

LVSoxFan
07-07-2005, 04:18 PM
Speaking of which, is there nothing funnier than after a Sox home run, trying to watch the pitch from the center field cam with all the smoke blowing onto the field? LOL.

Even worse if it's a night game and it's really muggy/no wind.

ChiSoxRowand
07-07-2005, 04:58 PM
Comcast sportsnet sucks. I have directv and it seems like there is an audio crapout every game.

Pulaski
07-07-2005, 05:00 PM
[QUOTE=mweflen]I have almost always had audio problems with Comcast's feed on the north side (Western & Lawrence). It will drop out of 5.1 ch sound into 2ch stereo, just long enough to make my receiver switch over, then pop back into 5.1. Very annoying, as it causes a tiny bit of audio to be dropped.
QUOTE]

I have had the same problems. It appears the audio jumps in and out out of stereo. The audio gets very loud and then drops back to normal. I have been very dissappointed in their audio this year.

Pulaski
07-08-2005, 04:26 PM
Comcast's response to my complaint.

Thanks for sending us your comments. It is very important for us to hear from our viewers on ways we can improve our product and your e-mail is certainly appreciated. We are continuing to address our audio issues and we are working to rectify all of them as soon as possible. Once again, thanks for communicating with us and feel free to contact us regarding this or other issues in the future.

iamkoza
07-09-2005, 01:14 AM
my only complaint with comcast's coverage at this point (since i now have grown to love the corny intro music) is that too often the ball and strike indicators on the top of the screen are about 5 seconds too slow.

chisoxfanatic
07-09-2005, 02:44 AM
I've been having problems viewing parts of games here in Bridgeport as well, and I am a Comcast Cable customer (Comcast Channel 37). There are sometimes lengthy pauses where I can't hear ANY audio. Then, there are sometimes lengthy periods of time where the picture will pause, but the audio isn't effected. Then there are sometimes when a combination of both occur.

This only seems to happen with game broadcasts, as Sports Nite, Sports Rise, and Chicago Tribune Live, for example, never have these problems. I think the problem has to do with the signaling from the stadium to the main studios. Hopefully they fix it soon enough...

Mercy!
07-09-2005, 03:12 AM
Iím on the north side (Lawrence & Western area) with Comcast cable, their supplied Motorola digital box, and I record the games on a TIVO DVR. Iíve had very few problems. Occasionally, the audio is much louder during commercials, with a big drop when the game announcers come back on. The freeze-action thing where the picture freezes and the audio drops out completely for several seconds is even rarer, not even once every game. For some Bullís games last season, however, there were long stretches with no audio. Also, they frequently had out of synch audio which youíd notice when their announcers were on camera.

I hate when I have to watch a Sox game over WGN channel 9. For some reason, I have a very difficult time hearing what the game announcers are saying over the background crowd noise. Itís almost as if their microphones arenít directional enough. This is never an issue for the Sox games on channels 37, 40 and 26.

chisoxfanatic
07-09-2005, 03:14 AM
Is it just me, or are the WCIU broadcasts the best in quality?

my5thbench
07-09-2005, 11:04 AM
I have Comcast Cable in the South Bend area, the CSN game broadcsts

have been perfect for me....I had trouble with AMC & WGN's picture

quality & called the provider a serviceman came on Saturday am &

tuned them for me...WGN is somewhat fuzzy yet, it is channel 19

here same as our police band & we are 2 blocks form the city police

to the south & 2 blocks from the County plice to the north, the

service man was surprised that we get WGN as well as we do...

much improved service from our former server & the Sox broadcast

are the best I've ever seen......It was cool getting so many spring

training games also