PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Cub Fan Moment #9,877

Hangar18
07-07-2005, 03:55 PM
I was at the game last nite in the LF seats, when I noticed 3 cub fans
in the same row as me. I joked that what happened, was Wrigley sold-out
or something. The guy laughed, and said our park wasnt soldout and were
just jealous. I said Why would I want to sell out a park for a .500 team?

I asked him in all seriousness, why he was there, and that Ive noticed tons
of cub fans at these games over the years. He said they were just "bored"
and wanted something to do. He then went on to tell me how BAD American League baseball is, and the NL baseball is better. I told him then why do the NL teams covet the AL players? He didnt answer. I asked him to tell me exactly WHY he thinks the AL is worse than the NL.......

CubSheep: Because of the Designated Hitter
Hangar18: Ok, I figured youd say that......but why do hate the DH?
CubSheep: Because its not real baseball. In the NL, the pitchers hit, thats real
Hangar18: So you like watching a guy make an automatic out every time?
yeah, thats great. I love watching a pitcher pad his Strikeout totals by getting the pitcher out all the time. and i love the "doubleswitch" and how it slooooooooooooooows the game down.
CubSheep: The pitchers in the NL can hit, Zambrano is hitting over .300!
Hangar18: Theres no way hes hitting over .300 Also, even if thats the case, everyone else isnt hitting .300
CubSheep: The AL pitchers are (posers), they cant hit and wouldnt make it in the NL, pitchers in the NL are better athletes
Hangar18: Is that right? You probably keep repeating Bud Seligs comments. (opens sports section that he had in bag) lets read
the batting avgs of all the pitchers yesterday shall we?

Anyway, I went on to read how pitiful the BA's were of all the NL teams
that played ....... Cub fan fell silent afterwards.

StillMissOzzie
07-07-2005, 04:04 PM
Hangar, at your next opportunity (and with you, I know that there WILL BE a next time), you might also want to point out the Sox' record vs. NL teams in their ballparks. I don't have it at my fingertips, but IIRC, it's nothing to be ashamed of.

SMO
:gulp:

DumpJerry
07-07-2005, 04:06 PM
Hangar18: Is that right? You probably keep repeating Bud Seligs comments. (opens sports section that he had in bag) lets read the batting avgs of all the pitchers yesterday shall we?
You travel well prepared. Do you also carry the Elias Sports Bureau in your bag as well as a laptop with wireless Internet for instant fact verification?

Iwritecode
07-07-2005, 04:10 PM
You travel well prepared. Do you also carry the Elias Sports Bureau in your bag as well as a laptop with wireless Internet for instant fact verification?

POTW candidate. :D:

DumpJerry
07-07-2005, 04:19 PM
POTW candidate. :D:
Thank you.

maurice
07-07-2005, 04:46 PM
Hangar, at your next opportunity (and with you, I know that there WILL BE a next time), you might also want to point out the Sox' record vs. NL teams in their ballparks.

And the result of last year's World Series: AL sweeps NL.

bennyw41
07-07-2005, 04:52 PM
You did it! You won! Did he covert?

What's the point of these arguments?

Dick Allen
07-07-2005, 05:25 PM
You might also want to point out that in addition to the AL, every other level of baseball (college, minor leagues, etc.) uses the DH. There must be something good about it.

JohnBasedowYoda
07-07-2005, 06:32 PM
I'm always impressed by hangars ability to remember conversations verbatim

gobears1987
07-07-2005, 07:08 PM
Hangar, at your next opportunity (and with you, I know that there WILL BE a next time), you might also want to point out the Sox' record vs. NL teams in their ballparks. I don't have it at my fingertips, but IIRC, it's nothing to be ashamed of.

SMO
7-2
2-1 at The urinal, 3-0 at Coors, and 2-1 at Petco.

StillMissOzzie
07-07-2005, 07:31 PM
7-2
2-1 at The urinal, 3-0 at Coors, and 2-1 at Petco.

Thank you!
Show the ignorant masses that the Sox can win at "their" game as well as AL-style.

SMO

ewokpelts
07-07-2005, 07:37 PM
just his tin foil hat

bigfoot
07-07-2005, 08:51 PM

Not necessary, Cub fanz always believe what they are told.

TommyJohn
07-07-2005, 11:16 PM
I'm always impressed by hangars ability to remember conversations verbatim

Maybe he has a court stenographer with him.

Whitesox029
07-07-2005, 11:22 PM
Hangar, I'm surprised you didn't mention that the NL has not won the All-Star game since 1996.