PDA

View Full Version : Espn!

White Sox Josh
07-07-2005, 12:29 PM
:angry::angry::angry: They are having a poll now on how who really deserves it, Pods or Jeter! I'm sure if Jeter had won there would be no poll.

Steakpita
07-07-2005, 12:36 PM
Couldn't find the poll, but the Daily Quickie had this to say -

Jeter out, Podsednik in! Teen-movie analogy: The ugly girl beats out the class hottie for prom queen!

tebman
07-07-2005, 12:36 PM
:angry::angry::angry: They are having a poll now on how who really deserves it, Pods or Jeter! I'm sure if Jeter had won there would be no poll.
This is called "throwing them red meat." ESPN and the other hollow facades that call themselves broadcasters do this to get a reaction (ala WSJ) and pick up buzz. There's that old showbiz line that only bad publicity is no publicity, and that's what this is about. The cable news channels do this all the time and the radio yakkers (sports and otherwise) have made it into an art form.

Don't watch it. That's what they want.

SOXSINCE'70
07-07-2005, 12:42 PM
Maybe we should have a poll to see if ESPN is biased.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Madvora
07-07-2005, 12:43 PM
This just makes it even better that he beat out the media favorite.

Podsenik will hit a game winning homerun in the all-star game.

fquaye149
07-07-2005, 12:44 PM
Podsenik will hit a game winning homerun in the all-star game.

LOL!

JermaineDye05
07-07-2005, 12:47 PM
this has nothing to do with the thread really but did anyone notice that espn has had sox commercials for the past day or two

Goose
07-07-2005, 03:40 PM
ESPN can suck my poll.

patbooyah
07-07-2005, 03:46 PM
this is what i typed in my fantasy league:

unfortunately, bettin, you have to accept the fact that pods is completely deserving of his all star nod. anyone who has seen the young feller take his big lead off of first has seen first hand the effects he has on pitchers. you think konerko has his power numbers without pods getting inside the head of the pitcher and eating at his brain like a worm in ronnie woo's head?

you can look at stats, sure, but thats not what baseball is about. I believe Shoeless Joe Jackson said it best when he said: "Getting thrown out of baseball was like having part of me amputated. I've heard that old men wake up and scratch itchy legs that been dust for over fifty years. That was me. I'd wake up at night with the smell of the ball park in my nose, the cool of the grass on my feet... The thrill of the grass. Man, I did love this game. I'd have played for food money. It was the game... The sounds, the smells. Did you ever hold a ball or a glove to your face?"

baseball is more than numbers, my friend, and as a cubs fan you should understand that. the white sox team this year embodies that. they are a crew, and every person contributes. can't you see that that is why the yankees are failing?! they aren't a team. they are obsessed with individual STATS. and they are obsessed with STATS because they are obsessed with MONEY. Scotty Pods embodies the idea that you sacrifice STATS for the TEAM. He runs, fights and battles harder than any lead off hitter in the league. That is why there is nobody I would rather have fighting to win the White Sox home field advantage in the series.

listen- the yankees, twins and devil rays all have two things in common:

1. a white sox player beat a player from their team to win the final spot.

2. they are waaaaaaay out of first place.

the two things go hand in hand.

robiwho
07-07-2005, 05:02 PM
Couldn't find the poll, but the Daily Quickie had this to say -

Jeter out, Podsednik in! Teen-movie analogy: The ugly girl beats out the class hottie for prom queen!

Clearly, they've never gotten a good look at "Scotty Hottie!" :tongue:

Hitmen77
07-07-2005, 05:08 PM
I thought that MLB already conducted an Internet poll on this question and Scotty won. :cool:

Hangar18
07-07-2005, 05:20 PM
1. a white sox player beat a player from their team to win the final spot.

2. they are waaaaaaay out of first place.

the two things go hand in hand.

1 + 2 = 1st Place

PaleHoseGeorge
07-07-2005, 05:24 PM
I thought that MLB already conducted an Internet poll on this question and Scotty won.
:cool:

New Yorkers are going to keep polling it until they get the answer they want.

Who says they're insufferable?

:cool: :cool:

RedHeadPaleHoser
07-08-2005, 07:47 AM
ESPN can suck my poll.

If I got a vote, I think I found the Post of the Week.