PDA

View Full Version : Everett

bartmanisgod
07-07-2005, 10:58 AM
How about the job this guy has done for us this year. He has to be one of the unsung heroes of this team. We all know how well he did in the DH role before Frank came back, but even after that will limited at-bats Carl has still been tearing the cover off the ball. He went 3-4 last night and it seems like everytime he gives someone a day off he does something very productive in replace of them whether it is Frank, Pods, Dye, Rowand, or even last night Paulie.

He has to be the best 4th outfielder in the game. He would be a starter on 75% of major league teams right now. I think he has had a fantastic year for us, and Ozzie has done a great job getting him at-bats because I have a feeling he will be one of the keys in the post season.

Chicago83
07-07-2005, 01:44 PM
You could say this about almost anyone on our team. A lot of guys have stepped up and beceome "unsung heros." I have seen posts like this for Dye, Pods, Iguchi, Ozuna, Polite, Hermanson, and others. This team is great, there is no one guy you can single out as the hero.

ode to veeck
07-07-2005, 02:14 PM
Crazy Carl is a classy player, a good influence on his teamates with his attitude, and a darn good clutch hitter. Even his one out last night had good enough wood to be a very deep fly ball. We're more than glad to have him back again this year.

DickAllen72
07-07-2005, 05:42 PM
CARL RULES!

downstairs
07-07-2005, 05:44 PM
He's a complete neanderthal doofus as a man, but he has been awesome as a player this year. Nothing but clutch, and performing far beyond what anyone expected.

TaylorStSox
07-07-2005, 05:50 PM
I think his importance to this team goes beyond numbers, which are great anyway. He's a leader and a catalyst. You think Carl Everett is going to put up with anybody being selfish and not putting the team first?

LVSoxFan
07-07-2005, 05:55 PM
It's funny to think back to the beginning few weeks when everybody was down on him and Dye. I guess it was just a matter of time before they warmed up--you know who's really to admire here? Kenny Williams. They guy totally scored on getting Dye, Pods, Iguchi.

I remember some people thought trading away Mags and Lee would be the end of us--but KW and Ozzie obviously knew what they were doing. I would have never dreamed, back at Soxfest on that chilly, chilly January day, that we'd be where we are right now. Amazing.

JB98
07-07-2005, 08:21 PM
He's a complete neanderthal doofus as a man, but he has been awesome as a player this year. Nothing but clutch, and performing far beyond what anyone expected.

Do you know Carl personally? Calling someone a neanderthal doofus is pretty harsh.
:?:

Carl has become one of my favorite players on the team. He accepts his role, and he produces whenever called upon.

munchman33
07-07-2005, 08:23 PM
He's a complete neanderthal doofus as a man

Please leave the politics out of this. I don't want the thread getting closed.

RallyBowl
07-07-2005, 08:25 PM
:everett: "I am great. And there is no such thing as a neanderthal."

bartmanisgod
07-07-2005, 08:38 PM
:everett: "I am great. And there is no such thing as a neanderthal."

:roflmao: :roflmao: LOL

Falstaff
07-07-2005, 10:47 PM
YAY Evvie! You the man! He is certainly clutch and one of those like Frank, Dye, PK, who generate better pitches and more anxiety for the other hitters.
Carl you found a home on the sout side.
:D:

Optipessimism
07-08-2005, 12:14 AM
Please leave the politics out of this. I don't want the thread getting closed.

Good call. Let's leave Carl's beliefs out of this because no one cares anyway.