PDA

View Full Version : Ballpark Seating Question

WhteSox725
07-07-2005, 08:44 AM
What row is BB? Is that one of the last rows?

Also where are some good places to park besides using the lots right outside the ballpark?

Max Power
07-07-2005, 09:00 AM
I believe that's the second row (AA being the first) in the sections between the dugout and about the foul pole. They added those seats like 5 years ago and gave the rows letters instead of numbers. Row 1 is actually like the 5th row.
Other people can give better parking advice than me.
Enjoy!

The Dude
07-07-2005, 09:01 AM

Also where are some good places to park besides using the lots right outside the ballpark?

No way, if that is around the 3rd or 1st base lines of lower deck, thats the actual 2nd row. They added a few rows some yeras back and instead of changing all the row numbers, they used aa, bb, etc.

fincher
07-07-2005, 10:01 AM

I have parked on Shields just north of 31st in the past. There were some vacant lots that had parking for sale then but I don't know about this season. I've only parked in the official lots this year.

nug0hs
07-07-2005, 11:20 AM
Take the El. It is $1.75 each way and transfers = free. I've been taking the EL lately and I enjoy going home having paid $3.50 for parking rather than $17 or a private lot for at least $10. Being from Northbrook, taking the EL requires me to get on @ Linden on the purple line, which is the farthest north stop on any line. As you could imagine I have to sit through almost 25 stops before getting to 35th/Dan Ryan but its way worth it when all you have to do is go up stairs and cross a street to be @ the ballpark for under $5.

podsednikchick
07-10-2005, 09:52 PM
Yeah, row BB is the second row off of the field. It goes AA, BB, CC, then row 1, 2, 3 etc.. up to 35. I sat in row AA the other day along the third base line and it was AMAZING. You are literally like on the field.

alohafri
07-10-2005, 11:05 PM

Don't park anywhere other than official lots. Unless you are able to scam a legal street pass or can finagle a parking pass at Cobblestones, you will get screwed at other lots.

DumpJerry
07-10-2005, 11:18 PM
Yeah, row BB is the second row off of the field. It goes AA, BB, CC, then row 1, 2, 3 etc.. up to 35. I sat in row AA the other day along the third base line and it was AMAZING. You are literally like on the field.
How true! I sat there once for a game last year (I got the tickets that morning at the box office and it was 1/2 price night!). It was incredible.

BTW, :welcome:

lostletters
07-11-2005, 12:09 AM

Any double letters are excellant. I was in CC in Section 121 today. I was right by the visiting teams dugout. So any double letters are great.

UofCSoxFan
07-11-2005, 12:17 AM
Take the El. It is $1.75 each way and transfers = free. I've been taking the EL lately and I enjoy going home having paid $3.50 for parking rather than $17 or a private lot for at least $10. Being from Northbrook, taking the EL requires me to get on @ Linden on the purple line, which is the farthest north stop on any line. As you could imagine I have to sit through almost 25 stops before getting to 35th/Dan Ryan but its way worth it when all you have to do is go up stairs and cross a street to be @ the ballpark for under $5.

To clarify what I'm sure you mean is...transfers between lines aka purple to red or blue to red are free. Transfers between busses on the cta or from bus to cta is $0.25 in addition to the 1.75 with the second transfer being free.

Whenever I drive to Sox games (I often take the el) I like to park on the street at 35th and Michigan or 35th and State. It's right near De la Salle H.S. and a police station so I feel my car is pretty safe there...it's a short walk to the park and FREE.

podsednikchick
07-11-2005, 10:16 PM
How true! I sat there once for a game last year (I got the tickets that morning at the box office and it was 1/2 price night!). It was incredible.

BTW, :welcome:

Hey thanks for the welcome! Do they do that often, release great tickets like that, on the day of the game? I'd LOVE to sit in the front row again out by Pods. :D:

kevingrt
07-12-2005, 01:49 AM
Hey thanks for the welcome! Do they do that often, release great tickets like that, on the day of the game? I'd LOVE to sit in the front row again out by Pods. :D:

If you get lucky and get there a little early to the game, sometime they have some extra right next to the field. It's happened to me twice. Got to put down a pretty penny, unless it's Monday but it can be worth it!