PDA

View Full Version : Could Frank be considered for HR Derby?

cbrownson13
07-07-2005, 02:05 AM
This may be a stupid thread, but oh well. With two spots left in the Home Run Derby, and one being a United States representative. Does anyone think Frank might be considered? I know he's only been back a short time and there are more deserving players, but I think it could be an option. He is just on a tear right now and might be one of the few players that could put on a show in Comerica. Teixera probably should get it, but if by chance he were to turn it down, I think Frank should be one of the few considered. Just a thought I had while sitting around...

BTW, post number five-hundy for me.

gehrtsox7
07-07-2005, 02:12 AM
I would love to see that. Definitely. he should be there.

Mr. White Sox
07-07-2005, 02:17 AM
he won't though :smile:...
I can expect Teixeira, PK, or Dunn to go ahead of Big Frank...although Frank being there would be verrry awesome.

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-07-2005, 02:27 AM
With the display he's put on since coming back, it would be great to see. However, MLB.com has a news headline--Rangers' Teixeira accepts Derby bid (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050707&content_id=1119181&vkey=allstar2005&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb)

cbrownson13
07-07-2005, 02:36 AM
Well nevermind then!

cbrownson13
07-07-2005, 02:54 AM
That article says that the only player from Japan that is "eligible" is Ichiro. They said Matsui is out of the running since he didn't win the final vote and will not be on the All-Star team. Since when do you have to be on the All-Star team to participate? I didn't think that was always the case. Or am I wrong on this?

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-07-2005, 03:12 AM
That article says that the only player from Japan that is "eligible" is Ichiro. They said Matsui is out of the running since he didn't win the final vote and will not be on the All-Star team. Since when do you have to be on the All-Star team to participate? I didn't think that was always the case. Or am I wrong on this?
Last year they bent the rules a bit by inviting Rafael Palmeiro to participate, mainly because they had most of the living 500 HR Club members in Houston for the festivities.