PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Rogers' apology - Sincere or BS?

StillMissOzzie
07-07-2005, 01:36 AM
*** was up with that opening statement, "Against the advice of legal counsel..."? Will this statement be tantamount to a confession when the cameraman files a civil suit?
So what do YOU think - was it a face-saving, ASG spot-saving farce, or do you think he really meant it?

SMO
:gulp:

Chips
07-07-2005, 01:47 AM
Is there a link to it? I can't find it.

RadioheadRocks
07-07-2005, 01:50 AM
Let's just say I've seen a better display of crocodile tears at Gator World! I say the cameraman should go ahead with pressing charges and let Rogers be the example of professional athletes being held accountable for their actions.

shoota
07-07-2005, 08:03 AM
*** was up with that opening statement, "Against the advice of legal counsel..."? Will this statement be tantamount to a confession when the cameraman files a civil suit?
So what do YOU think - was it a face-saving, ASG spot-saving farce, or do you think he really meant it?

SMO
:gulp:

As I was flipping through channels, I stopped to see Rogers's apology. I thought I was watching an early 1990s stand-up comedy act: single microphone on a pole, Rogers dressed in a solid color T-shirt with his wavy hair, a really close brick background behind him.

voodoochile
07-07-2005, 08:28 AM
Didn't see it or read it.

I bet he is sincere

Sincerely sorry he did something so incredibly juvenile and lawsuit worthy while the camera was rolling...

fquaye149
07-07-2005, 09:02 AM
what really torqued me off was how he said something along the lines of

"I overreacted no matter what provoked me"

which is basically saying "I was wrong, but he was more wrong"...or "HE STARTED IT"

which would be bad enough, except: THE CAMERAMAN DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG.

Palehose Pete
07-07-2005, 10:07 AM
Actually, I saw the apology tape and I think that it was sincere. By apologizing like this, he's making himself more vulnerable in any civil suit that might be lodged against him. Why bother with an insincere apology if it's going to cost him more money in a lawsuit than keeping quiet?

White Sox Josh
07-07-2005, 10:25 AM
A couple days ago Farmer had some interesting things to say about Rogers.

SOXSINCE'70
07-07-2005, 10:28 AM
He may have been sincere,but I think it's a load of :bs: .

That speech was sooooo scripted.To quote Jim Rome,
"You'll have to do your job a lot better".:angry: :angry: :angry:

SOXPHILE
07-07-2005, 10:31 AM
Insincere. What the hell took so long ? He is full of crap. He's only sorry that it was caught on tape. This guy has always been a rectum, and this is just the latest example. He should shut up, serve his 20 game suspension (without pay), stay the hell away from the All Star Game, and pray that the cameraman drops the charges against him, and the civil suit isn't too big. He is an absolute embarrassment. Although it is wrong, this is somebody I wish suffers an injury.

Stroker Ace
07-07-2005, 04:07 PM
The apology was BS. His attorneys most likely said,"We don't advise you *wink*wink* to apologize."

slavko
07-07-2005, 10:03 PM
He said in the apology (scripted, so what) that he was doing it against the advice of his attorney. Sincere. He's still a jerk, however.

samram
07-07-2005, 10:58 PM
He said in the apology (scripted, so what) that he was doing it against the advice of his attorney. Sincere. He's still a jerk, however.

First, he is almost certainly not doing anything against the advice of his attorney. The advice from his attorney was to say he was apologizing against the advice of his attorney.

Second, I think he is sincerely sorry he was caught on tape and he's got a little problem with which to deal.

Third, you're absolutely right- he's still a jerk.