PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow = NO WHITE SOX BASEBALL!!! What are you gonna do with yourself?

chisoxfanatic
07-07-2005, 12:45 AM
This is gonna be quite stressful not having White Sox baseball to look forward to tomorrow night. A sweep, having the best record in baseball, plus getting 4 guys in the All Star Game (Pods putting the icing on the cake) gives us plenty to be "giddy" about. But, what exactly will you be doing tomorrow in the absence of White Sox baseball?

I'm teaching summer school here in the Chicago Public Schools, but that ends even before morning's end...I seriously think I'll get some cleaning done here and bills paid.

Days the Sox don't play are quite stressful!

Chisox003
07-07-2005, 12:47 AM
This is gonna be quite stressful not having White Sox baseball to look forward to tomorrow night. A sweep, having the best record in baseball, plus getting 4 guys in the All Star Game (Pods putting the icing on the cake) gives us plenty to be "giddy" about. But, what exactly will you be doing tomorrow in the absence of White Sox baseball?

I'm teaching summer school here in the Chicago Public Schools, but that ends even before morning's end...I seriously think I'll get some cleaning done here and bills paid.

What are we going to do during the All star break? Other than the actual day of the game, theres NOTHING white sox happening

Im going to Cleveland right after the break though, so I cant wait

fquaye149
07-07-2005, 12:47 AM
what am i going to be doing tomorrow?

pulling my hair out at the mindless threads that are bound to be started (90% by White Sox Josh or Shoota about how we should take Joe Crede out back, bad back and all, and shoot him like Old Yeller).

Then I'll twiddle my thumbs and wait for the weekend sweep (not a pipe dream per se...but I look at it like a knock on wood)

Huisj
07-07-2005, 12:48 AM
I'm going to go to meijers and get groceries for the first time in forever, because I finally got my car back today from the body shop after it had been bombarded with a bunch of bricks that some punk idiot kids decided to throw at my car for no reason. I've been living off of ice cream bars, vanilla wafers, and ice water for the last few days, and it'll be real nice to be able to get to the store and get some real food for once.

Ugh, but that means I gotta get gas too, which today was just ridiculously high.

I might go order a bike too for when I go to Illinois in the fall for grad school. Is parking as nightmarish as it sounds like it is there?

bartmanisgod
07-07-2005, 12:49 AM
vote for scott

A.T. Money
07-07-2005, 12:50 AM
Root for the Braves against the Flubs.

I have to vaccuum the fish tank too.

Mr. White Sox
I'll be extra suffering, because my birthday's on friday. i'll probably just be crying in my room due to a lack of Sox and a lack of a birthday on thursday.

SluggersAway
Anyone heard a good rumour we can spread?

Hopefully, one you overheard at an airport in Arizona?

(To teal or not to teal...?)

MUsoxfan
07-07-2005, 12:51 AM
Work:(:

Chips
07-07-2005, 12:52 AM
I am going to work, come home check out the WSI and then go to Gilhooley's and get wasted playing NTN.

Kogs35
07-07-2005, 12:56 AM
flip between the toons/yanks game and big brother and watch michael kay cry about jeter not being at the all star game

Lip Man 1
07-07-2005, 12:59 AM
I'm going to relax. Fans need a night off from the pressure just as much as the players...hell we're in a pennant race now. That takes concentration, effort and sweat.

Lip

TornLabrum
07-07-2005, 01:00 AM
I'll be at a hospital in Kankakee waiting for my mom to have a kidney stone pulverized. I'll be reading one of Dan Helpingstine's books during the wait. (I finished the Shelby Foote Civil War trilogy that I've been plowing through since before SoxFest last week.)

A.T. Money
07-07-2005, 01:02 AM
Can someone explain to me why we call the Indians the "toons". I forgot. Thanks.

SluggersAway
07-07-2005, 01:02 AM
I hope your mom is alright Torn, Shelby Foote's work is excellent, g*d rest his soul.

SoxSpeed22
07-07-2005, 01:03 AM
Can someone explain to me why we call the Indians the "toons". I forgot. Thanks.Their logo looks like a cartoon character and/or a loony toon.
:notoons

SpartanSoxFan
07-07-2005, 01:03 AM
But, what exactly will you be doing tomorrow in the absence of White Sox baseball?

Homework. :tongue:

DaleJRFan
07-07-2005, 01:10 AM
drooling over some AA pitcher with a 100mph fastball...

DuckSnort
07-07-2005, 01:12 AM
Waiting patiently for my fish to come in the mail :) and helping my dad finish up a fence, and..working. woo.

Cat Thief
07-07-2005, 01:12 AM
flip between the toons/yanks game and big brother and watch michael kay cry about jeter not being at the all star game

:D:

gobears1987
07-07-2005, 01:15 AM
Anyone heard a good rumour we can spread?

Hopefully, one you overheard at an airport in Arizona?

(To teal or not to teal...?)
ChiSoxTony? Is that you?

sox_fan_forever
07-07-2005, 01:21 AM
I hate it when the Sox have days off on Thursday since that's my day off from work too. Not really sure what I am going to do.

elrod
07-07-2005, 01:28 AM
I'll be at RFK for the Nats-Mets game. I went Tuesday night and had a blast. Tomorrow's day game is sold out so it should be fun.

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-07-2005, 01:32 AM
Catch up on the sleep that I gave up to vote for Podsednik! I'll probably wake up around 4 PM or so..:)

Optipessimism
07-07-2005, 01:41 AM
I'm going to go to meijers and get groceries for the first time in forever, because I finally got my car back today from the body shop after it had been bombarded with a bunch of bricks that some punk idiot kids decided to throw at my car for no reason. I've been living off of ice cream bars, vanilla wafers, and ice water for the last few days, and it'll be real nice to be able to get to the store and get some real food for once.

Ugh, but that means I gotta get gas too, which today was just ridiculously high.

I might go order a bike too for when I go to Illinois in the fall for grad school. Is parking as nightmarish as it sounds like it is there?

A word to the wise: if you're ever stuck like that again you can always order a pizza. If you order from the right place on a slow day, you can actually give the delievery driver a decent tip and he'll go shopping for you. I've done it before, but only because I was stranded and needed some rum.

The Dude
07-07-2005, 01:58 AM

I'm actually going to do the whole school thing and then start moving out of my apartment and into my new place. Maybe go fishing and later drink the beer. I did the fishing thing today and kept myself updated through my phone with the play by play. It's always great to announce the updates to some of my Cub friends who are fishing with me. They absolutely hate how good we are doing.:D:

The Dude
07-07-2005, 01:59 AM
I am going to work, come home check out the WSI and then go to Gilhooley's and get wasted playing NTN.

what the hell is NTN??

Chips
07-07-2005, 02:03 AM
what the hell is NTN??

NTN, I believe stands for National Trivia Network. Its trivia played at the bars.

The Dude
07-07-2005, 02:05 AM
NTN, I believe stands for National Trivia Network. Its trivia played at the bars.

I kinda figured that. They have that crap at some bars out here too but I just never got into it. If it was an all sports one, then I might consider.

Chips
07-07-2005, 02:08 AM
I kinda figured that. They have that crap at some bars out here too but I just never got into it. If it was an all sports one, then I might consider.

The do have sports, I think its either on Tuesday or Sunday. I'm never there those days

The Dude
07-07-2005, 02:09 AM
The do have sports, I think its either on Tuesday or Sunday. I'm never there those days

and you call yourself an alcoholic???

Erik The Red
07-07-2005, 02:12 AM
I'm actually going to do the whole school thing and then start moving out of my apartment and into my new place. Maybe go fishing and later drink the beer. I did the fishing thing today and kept myself updated through my phone with the play by play. It's always great to announce the updates to some of my Cub friends who are fishing with me. They absolutely hate how good we are doing.:D:
Where'd you fish at? The lagoon?

The Dude
07-07-2005, 02:17 AM
Where'd you fish at? The lagoon?

Funny that you ask because that shouldnt be in teal! We actually fished there last week for the first time. There are decent bass in there from what I heard but havent seen them. We just caught a few garbage fish and my one buddy got a huge soft shelled turtle.

But the last couple days, since we're in such a fishing mood after taking a trip to hayward, WI last month...we went carping on the Kish near Kingston.

BarbG
07-07-2005, 03:08 AM
Waiting patiently for my fish to come in the mail...

Why go out fishing when you can just have them mailed to you?

Seriously, fish? In the mail?

I will be attempting to get things packed/moved. Pathetic, but this move is taking twice as long as it would have during the offseason. Priorities.

MHOUSE
07-07-2005, 03:19 AM
Getting the oil changed in my car and having dinner with some friends from school. If you have nothing to do space things out over a few days. I had 4-5 things to do this week and by Friday I'll have them done. Here's to the SOX! :gulp:

WhiteSox16K
07-07-2005, 03:31 AM
Tommorow (today actually) marks 1 year with my girlfriend. So fortunately for me, there isn't a game. I can wait until Friday when I'm actually taking her to, as she would complain, "ANOTHER" Game.

soxjim
07-07-2005, 07:10 AM
After work I have a softball game if we win we are 2005 league champions.

mccoydp
07-07-2005, 08:59 AM
Grad school work; computer architecture and structured computer organization. I have a lot of reading to do, questions to answer, and an online collaborative session to participate in. Put that together with a monster exam that is due on Tuesday, and I have a fun weekend of book learnin' upcoming!

Baby Fisk
07-07-2005, 09:29 AM
I'll be visiting some fishing lodges in north-central Ontario, researching my next book: "Seriously, It Was This Big: Absolutely True Fishing Tales as told by Old Guys at Fishing Lodges."

ondafarm
07-07-2005, 10:15 AM
I thought I might brew some beer, or at least get it into the carboys.

White Sox Josh
07-07-2005, 11:21 AM
Golf! I'm gonna be playing 18 holes today starting at 1:00.
EDIT: And I just got canceled because of some big group! Damn you Wilmette Golf Course!:(::angry::angry::angry:

DSpivack
07-07-2005, 04:46 PM
Playing MVP 2005 on my PS2; starting World Series vs. Cards.

wildcat
07-07-2005, 04:48 PM
Getting a haircut.

I actually get a lot done when the Sox are playing because I don't want to leave the house then. So I ride my exercise bike in front of the TV or wash dishes with the game on or whatever.

EastCoastSoxFan
07-07-2005, 04:50 PM
What are we going to do during the All star break? Other than the actual day of the game, theres NOTHING white sox happening

Im going to Cleveland right after the break though, so I cant wait
Fortunately I have softball playoff games both nights of the All-Star break to keep me occupied, and I'm looking forward to hopefully finally meeting you and some other WSI'ers in Cleveland after the break...

Stroker Ace
07-07-2005, 05:02 PM
I'm going to the eye doctor and buying a new cell phone.

DaveIsHere
07-07-2005, 05:04 PM
Probably have a few beers and play MVP on XBOX live, try and beat up on some east Coasters

mike squires
07-07-2005, 11:24 PM
Today My daughter went swimming with her Aunt so I was really boared. I rented some movies (I won't tell you what kind of movies) Got a good workout in and read some of "Shoeless Joe" by W.P Kinsella. The real agony will be this weekend. I work Friday, Saturday and Sunday and won't see a thing. :angry:

mike squires
07-07-2005, 11:27 PM

I"m not on campus a whole lot but yes, when school is in session it can be a zoo. You can't go wrong with a bike. I"ve been riding my bike to work most every day. 14 miles both ways. Not only is it a good workout and stress reliever but I"ve been saving a ton on gas. Just had to fill up today after over a month. Usually it's once ever 2 weeks or so. Maybe we can get a U of I get together in October!:D:

sox_fan_forever
07-07-2005, 11:34 PM
I work Friday, Saturday and Sunday and won't see a thing. :angry:

I feel your pain. I have to work all weekend too, but at least I should be able to see the beginning of Sunday's game before I have to go to work.

Wsoxmike59
07-07-2005, 11:52 PM
I'm about 20 minutes from bed time and I'm listening to Pink Floyd Animals after listening to Wish You Were Here and previously played some Ten Years After.......a really good night! (sponsored by MGD) :smile:

P.S. Torn Labrum you're a god! I'm a bit of a history & CW buff myself and resident Lincolnite.

Shelby Foote may he rest in peace, I hope to someday read the world famous trilogy he wrote. I've read some of Bruce Catton's work, Shelby Foote's Gettysburg and one trilogy on Lincoln by Honore Morrow which was fantastic!!!!! I've got some real great CW books and videos in my collection.

I just finished watching WW I the complete story done by CBS in the early 60's narrated by Robert Ryan over the 4th of July weekend. (10.5 hours of video!)

batmanZoSo
07-08-2005, 12:04 AM
I usually just drink a bottle of nyquil and pass out until they play next. I've built up a tolerance and now it only takes me about halfway there. Still helps though. :wink:

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-08-2005, 12:11 AM
i didnt do anyting all day but waste away and watch the o's game. Oh yeah, i also watched the BRAVES game today. Fwahahahahahahaha.

....hahaha

...haha

..ha

chisoxfanatic
07-08-2005, 12:13 AM
i didnt do anyting all day but waste away and watch the o's game. Oh yeah, i also watched theBRAVES game today. Fwahahahahahahaha.

....hahaha

...haha

..ha

Which part did you like better? Prior getting the tar-and-feathers treatment or the 9-4 beatdown?

Ahhh, the life of us Sox fans not having to deal with what goes on on THAT side of town! :D:

TornLabrum
07-08-2005, 01:00 AM
I just finished watching WW I the complete story done by CBS in the early 60's narrated by Robert Ryan over the 4th of July weekend. (10.5 hours of video!)

If you get the Military Channel you might want to check out the First World War series they're showing currently. I caught an episode yesterday afternoon.

CBS back in the '50s and '60s produced some excellent half hour historical documentaries. Air Power was the series that got me interested in World War II (I was too young to see the original showing of Victory at Sea). The Twentieth Century, although ostensibly about events over the entire century either seemed to focus a lot on WWII or those are the episodes I remember. World War I was a terrific series from the same producers.

Over at NBC I think I probably got to see Victory at Sea sometime in the late '50s or early '60s. Good documentary, great music by Richard Rogers. Another series with great music by Rogers was ABC's Winston Churchill: The Valient Years, narrated by Gary Merrill with Churchill's words spoken by Richard Burton. A couple of pretty good voices there.

The amazing thing, these were all series produced by commercial networks when they actually seemed to care about educating and informing their viewers. I won't go into the documentaries Ed Murrow did for CBS, first on See It Not and then on CBS Reports. 60 Minutes pales in comparison.