PDA

View Full Version : The White Sox are interested in Guardado

gr8mexico
07-07-2005, 12:36 AM
Eddie Guardado, RP SEA

News: According to televised reports, the Nationals and White Sox have showed an interest in closer Eddie Guardado.

Analysis: Both teams have solid closers, so a deal to either of these teams would be terrible news for Guardado's Fantasy owners. The Cubs and Red Sox would be much better fits, although the Mariners are not interested in a deal just yet as they feel they still have a chance to get back into the race for a postseason spot.
:dtroll:

fquaye149
07-07-2005, 12:40 AM
Eddie Guardado, RP SEA

News: According to televised reports, the Nationals and White Sox have showed an interest in closer Eddie Guardado.

Analysis: Both teams have solid closers, so a deal to either of these teams would be terrible news for Guardado's Fantasy owners. The Cubs and Red Sox would be much better fits, although the Mariners are not interested in a deal just yet as they feel they still have a chance to get back into the race for a postseason spot.
:dtroll:

although i have no idea what your source is, whoever they are i corrected it for them.

TornLabrum
07-07-2005, 12:41 AM
The only person I've heard say that the White Sox were interested in Guardado was Gammons during BBTN tonight. So that must be the "reports."

TheOldRoman
07-07-2005, 12:46 AM
I would like to have Guardado, but not at his salary.

jabrch
07-07-2005, 12:57 AM
I'd LOVE to have a tough lefty in the pen to go along with Cotts and Marte. If he is available, I'd rather have him than most other names I have heard out there.

FarWestChicago
07-07-2005, 01:07 AM
Eddie Guardado, RP SEA

:dtroll:Please don't post stupid **** you see on the bastard child of MTV and the National Enquirer as real news. Thank you.

PeteWard
07-07-2005, 01:11 AM
News Flash: It's a starter we (might) need, not a closer!!!!

gr8mexico
07-07-2005, 01:27 AM
Well its not stupids.CBSsportsline is reporting it.I'm just trying to update the rumor mill.I would never make stuff up.Go to cbssportsline and see for yourself. http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/players/playerpage/7668 Please don't post stupid **** you see on the bastard child of MTV and the National Enquirer as real news. Thank you.

Irishsox1
07-07-2005, 01:43 AM
Would I rather have Guardado than Kevin Walker?....The answer is yes! But at what cost?....We'll that's up to Kenny.

TheOldRoman
07-07-2005, 01:58 AM
Guardado is pitching with a torn rotator cuff, and had knee surgury in the offseason. However, I want to win a world championship this year. I would trade for him if he was in his free agent year, but he is under contract next year for $4.5 mil. He would be a great pickup, but the White Sox are not a team that can pick up $4.5mil in salary for someone who would likely be their third option out of the pen. We don't need him. However, if Kenny gets him, I wont complain.:bandance: