PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Cubs Fans

jabrch
07-06-2005, 11:25 PM
I usually don't play this game - but I will in this case. I went to the Shrine on Sunday with some of my friends. I still enjoy baseball games anywhere they are - and moreso when the Cubs are pained greatly and lose. There was a "diehard cubs fan" behind me in a brand spanking new SOSA jersey with a brand new Cubs hat. She was hooting at every pop up and making a general idiot out of herself. When the Cubs tied it in the 9th, she turned to her boyfriend and asked him, "When we win this game, we will be back in first place, right?"

I almost lost my beer laughing... Yeah honey...first place!!!

TornLabrum
07-06-2005, 11:27 PM
I usually don't play this game - but I will in this case. I went to the Shrine on Sunday with some of my friends. I still enjoy baseball games anywhere they are - and moreso when the Cubs are pained greatly and lose. There was a "diehard cubs fan" behind me in a brand spanking new SOSA jersey with a brand new Cubs hat. She was hooting at every pop up and making a general idiot out of herself. When the Cubs tied it in the 9th, she turned to her boyfriend and asked him, "When we win this game, we will be back in first place, right?"

In the words of the immortal Slappy Squirrel, "Now that's comedy!"

Nellie_Fox
07-06-2005, 11:52 PM
I went to the Shrine on Sunday with some of my friends. I still enjoy baseball games anywhere they are... And the Tribune Company thanks you for helping their attendance figures. It is most appreciated. I've never seen an attendance report from Wrigley that includes the number who are there hoping to see the Cubs lose.

jabrch
07-06-2005, 11:55 PM
And the Tribune Company thanks you for helping their attendance figures. It is most appreciated. I've never seen an attendance report from Wrigley that includes the number who are there hoping to see the Cubs lose.

Nellie - they sell 40,000 on a Sunday no matter if I come of not. My friend had his company's season ticks - so I went. I go to about 10 Cub games per year, on top of the 20 or so Sox games I go to. I'm a diehard Sox fan, but also a huge fan of the game. I never root for the Cubs, but I do enjoy a few hours at the park watching the game.

Nothing wrong with that - is there?

Nellie_Fox
07-07-2005, 12:12 AM
Nellie - they sell 40,000 on a Sunday no matter if I come of not. My friend had his company's season ticks - so I went. I go to about 10 Cub games per year, on top of the 20 or so Sox games I go to. I'm a diehard Sox fan, but also a huge fan of the game. I never root for the Cubs, but I do enjoy a few hours at the park watching the game.

Nothing wrong with that - is there?If you're asking me, yes, I think there is something wrong with going to Wrigley. It doesn't matter who is paying for the tickets, you're still spinning the turnstiles and helping fill seats in their ballpark, contributing to their image as the place to be to have fun in the sun. Did you buy a hotdog? A beer, or maybe two? Money in the Cubs' pockets.

There is nothing that could get me to go to Wrigley to help support them. A huge fan of the game? Go to Schaumburg and see the Flyers; go to Geneva and see the Cougars. Help a minor league team that needs attendance. Don't go to the north side and help perpetuate the image of the "always full" Wrigley Field.

It doesn't matter a whit that it would be full without you. "If I don't, someone else will" just doesn't cut it. As I said before, when the Chicago media go on and on about what a wonderful experience it is at Wrigley, and point to the always full seats, they don't qualify it by saying "of course, some of them are Sox fans who are just there hoping the Cubs lose."

Chips
07-07-2005, 12:22 AM

Flubs fans have no preception of a ballbase once it leaves the bat. They drive me nuts. Although it seems like a lot of people on half price night at the Cell act the same way everytime a routine fly ball it hit. But Flubs fans never have a clue.

TornLabrum
07-07-2005, 12:23 AM
There is nothing that could get me to go to Wrigley to help support them. A huge fan of the game? Go to Schaumburg and see the Flyers; go to Geneva and see the Cougars. Help a minor league team that needs attendance. Don't go to the north side and help perpetuate the image of the "always full" Wrigley Field.

Come out to Joliet to see the Jackhammers. Go to Crestwood to see the Windy City Thunderbolts. Drive down to Gary to see the Gary Southshore Railcats.

There are all kinds of ways to enjoy baseball away from "The Shrine," and they're a helluva lot cheaper!

Cat Thief
07-07-2005, 12:49 AM

Nah you didn't pay for the ticket...I would love to go see some NL teams however I would never buy a ticket. I would drop a couple of bucks on beer.

Nellie_Fox
07-07-2005, 12:52 AM
Nah you didn't pay for the ticket...I would love to go see some NL teams however I would never buy a ticket. I would drop a couple of bucks on beer.Okay, make sure you wave at the camera and let them know how much you're enjoying the ivy and sunshine at "beautiful Wrigley Field." Then when the next mediot writes an article about how much more fun it is at Wrigley, know that you helped.

Cat Thief
07-07-2005, 12:59 AM
I understand where you're coming from Nellie but, I love watching MLB baseball. I don't give a s*** about the media. I have only been to that hole twice in my life. Well ok maybe a couple of company sponsored rooftops too.

:rolleyes:

white sox bill
07-07-2005, 07:29 AM

C'mon Jarbrch finish the story--Her boyfriend smiled wistfully and said "Yea SOLE possesion of first palce!!"

white sox bill
07-07-2005, 07:32 AM
And the Tribune Company thanks you for helping their attendance figures. It is most appreciated. I've never seen an attendance report from Wrigley that includes the number who are there hoping to see the Cubs lose.

Yea Nellie thats what I don't like when I've been to that disgusting place--supporting the bad guys. But WTH--the girls look great in bikini's, the partying before/after is good and Oh theres a baseball game going on?

Kuzman
07-07-2005, 08:01 AM
I have this lady at work who always tries to give me crap for being a Sox fan. So I told her I know more about the cubs then she does. So I ask her a question that if she knew anything about this year she would know.

Who starts in RF? Her Answer? Moises Alou. I just shook my head and walked away.

TornLabrum
07-07-2005, 08:13 AM
I have this lady at work who always tries to give me crap for being a Sox fan. So I told her I know more about the cubs then she does. So I ask her a question that if she knew anything about this year she would know.

Who starts in RF? Her Answer? Moises Alou. I just shook my head and walked away.

He took over there when Sammy Sosa retired.

Hitmen77
07-07-2005, 08:36 AM

You go to TEN Cub games a year? Isn't that like once every 2 weeks?

I don't buy that "well, if I didn't buy the tickets, someone else would" logic. In the end, each fan who shows up there to not root for the Cubs is driving up demand for tickets and fueling Cubs hype just as much as someone who is rooting for the Cubs.

fox23
07-07-2005, 09:14 AM
You go to TEN Cub games a year? Isn't that like once every 2 weeks?

I don't buy that "well, if I didn't buy the tickets, someone else would" logic. In the end, each fan who shows up there to not root for the Cubs is driving up demand for tickets and fueling Cubs hype just as much as someone who is rooting for the Cubs.

Geez, the guy just wants to go to a few baseball games. I thought that the only thing that mattered was wins and losses, not the media anyway...

The Racehorse
07-08-2005, 05:50 AM
I am NOT going to live my life measuring every single decision I make as to it's beneficial bearing toward something as superficial as a sports team [or athelete]
... lighten up people, sheesh!

White Sox Randy
07-08-2005, 07:42 AM
You Better Show Up In White Sox Gear !

bigfoot
07-08-2005, 08:58 AM
....Make sure to dress yourself as an empty seat!

SOXSINCE'70
07-09-2005, 02:28 PM
Come out to Joliet to see the Jackhammers. Go to Crestwood to see the Windy City Thunderbolts. Drive down to Gary to see the Gary Southshore Railcats.

There are all kinds of ways to enjoy baseball away from "The Shrine," and they're a helluva lot cheaper!

Yeah,and unlike the Urinal,THERE IS PARKING AVAILIABLE!!:angry: :angry: