PDA

View Full Version : Yankmee fans are jelous

Stroker Ace
07-06-2005, 11:08 PM
Right after tonights game, one of my friends out in New York IM me bitching about how Jeter and Matsui were snubbed. I then proceded to make Scotty's case, and proved to him why he deserved to get in. Soon after this he said he had to go. Probably couldn't face the truth that his 2 precious Yankmees couldn't beat the leadoff hitter for the best team in baseball.:D:

Rocklive99
07-06-2005, 11:16 PM
If you want to laugh, check out the Yesnetwork.com Message Boards

spiffie
07-06-2005, 11:46 PM
Wow. They're a bit ornery there ain't they? :cool:

Shame not a one of them can spell. And funny, with all the emphasis on the numbers, it's almost as if someone had gotten into the head of their collective fanbase...

:fobbgod:

There are no intangibles, and it's about time Yankee fans learned how right I am.

TheOldRoman
07-06-2005, 11:58 PM
If you want to laugh, check out the Yesnetwork.com Message Boards
I went over there, and it was an absolute joke. It's one thing using BS numbers to try to prove a point, but to make ridiculous statments like "Podsednik is horrible" one has to be a moron. For the most ridiculous quote of the night they said that ESPN and all the other Yankee haters are enjoying this.
***?!
Are they mongoloids? Do they seriously lack the mental capability to see that ESPN does nothing but kiss Yankee ass? I guess they are saying that ESPN talking at length about a third place team for the first 25 of Sportscenter shows just how much the Yankees are slighted. What amount of coverage on ESPN do they expect? Should ESPN have a nightly Yankee Hour? Any respect I may have had for Yankees fans in now gone.

Hendu
07-07-2005, 12:28 AM
Yankees fans may have a reputation as being knowledgeable baseball fans, but reading some of those forums...geez, are all Yankees fans that melodromatic? The all-star game is a sham because a shortstop from a 3rd place team didn't get enough votes?

And I sense the theme repeated in their posts: Podsednik is a mediocre player. Either this is hyperbole or they just don't know anything about baseball. The leadoff hitter on the best team in baseball is medoicre, huh? You know who's mediocre? The entire Yankees team.

I lost all respect for Yankees fans after reading their :whiner: What a bunch of babies.

GoRowand33
07-07-2005, 12:30 AM
this is hilarious http://boards.yesnetwork.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=50052

they obviously dont know what scotty does outside his stats

fquaye149
07-07-2005, 12:41 AM
so wait, what are they jealous of? the fact that we have many more all stars than they or the fact that if they were playing in our division they'd be behind us to the tune of double digits?

Rocklive99
07-07-2005, 12:45 AM
Sox fan tries to set them straight, but they are Yankee fans, after all http://boards.yesnetwork.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=50009&view=findpost&p=867738

Hendu
07-07-2005, 12:55 AM
Sox fan tries to set them straight, but they are Yankee fans, after all http://boards.yesnetwork.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=50009&view=findpost&p=867738

Yeah, that Sox fan's post was the most astute thing on that board. I had to go there and leave a post of my own because these fantasy baseball statheads who say the C Lee for Pods trade was idiotic are...well...idiots.

TornLabrum
07-07-2005, 01:04 AM
Yeah, that Sox fan's post was the most astute thing on that board. I had to go there and leave a post of my own because these fantasy baseball statheads who say the C Lee for Pods trade was idiotic are...well...idiots.

Well, they forgot to mention the runs scored by the guys we picked up in addition to Pods as part of the equation. They treated it like a one-for-one trade, and CLee comes out 25 runs better. Add the rest of the guys and we come out way ahead.

PeteWard
07-07-2005, 01:20 AM
Any system that doesn't involve Joe picking 8 of his own must be flawed--according to these twits.

StillMissOzzie
07-07-2005, 01:44 AM
I browsed their boards for a few minutes, and the part that cracked me up the most were the post from crybabies who said stuff like "and I stayed up all night voting for DJ and that bum Podsednik still won!":whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

Of course, had their ballot-box stuffing been sucessful, it would have justified the results. :whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

Hey New York - don't ever get into a ballot-stuffing match with Chicago. We are the masters!

Congratulations Scott, we know you are deserving of this honor.

SMO
:gulp:

Irishsox1
07-07-2005, 01:46 AM
Tell those Yankees fans to go suck on those 1998 to 2000 World Series titles. Screw them!!!!

TimoPerez
07-07-2005, 01:54 AM
Does anyone else find it funny that they complain like mad when Podzilla is voted in undeservingly, but they don't care when they voted Jason Giambi and his .210 batting average to start last year?

Hendu
07-07-2005, 09:06 AM
Well, they forgot to mention the runs scored by the guys we picked up in addition to Pods as part of the equation. They treated it like a one-for-one trade, and CLee comes out 25 runs better. Add the rest of the guys and we come out way ahead.

Exactly. That's what the White Sox fan on the board posted, and then they countered with Lee vs Pods one-on-one stats. They didn't even read the original post; it's like talking to a brick wall in that forum.

TornLabrum
07-07-2005, 09:12 AM
Exactly. That's what the White Sox fan on the board posted, and then they countered with Lee vs Pods one-on-one stats. They didn't even read the original post; it's like talking to a brick wall in that forum.

Which is why although there are a few idiots and crackpots around here, WSI still has the best message boards I've seen. The intelligence level around here is miles ahead of boards like that one.

Mickster
07-07-2005, 09:20 AM
Which is why although there are a few idiots and crackpots around here, WSI still has the best message boards I've seen. The intelligence level around here is miles ahead of boards like that one.

You can thank the mods for doing an excellent job!

:worship: MODS

Uncle_Patrick
07-07-2005, 10:20 AM
Does anyone else find it funny that they complain like mad when Podzilla is voted in undeservingly, but they don't care when they voted Jason Giambi and his .210 batting average to start last year?

I think that its just as funny that some of them seem to thing that without Jeter, the AL cannot win the ASG.

For more laughs, check out the White Sox and Yankees MLB boards. There's some funny ranting going on there. Normally, I have nothing against the Yankees or their fans, but they're whining like Cubs fans now.

Soxzilla
07-07-2005, 10:44 AM
Fact of the matter is. Right now, with what I have seen this season for my White Sox. I'd rather have Scott Podsednik leading off my team in LF, than Jeter leading off playing SS.

That's the fact, Jack.

Hence, why he deserves to be the all-star over Jeter.

First place > Third place

dcb33
07-07-2005, 10:55 AM
I browsed their boards for a few minutes, and the part that cracked me up the most were the post from crybabies who said stuff like "and I stayed up all night voting for DJ and that bum Podsednik still won!":whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

Of course, had their ballot-box stuffing been sucessful, it would have justified the results. :whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

Hey New York - don't ever get into a ballot-stuffing match with Chicago. We are the masters!

Congratulations Scott, we know you are deserving of this honor.

SMO
:gulp:

Isn't it amazing how quickly Yankees fans forget that Matsui won the Final Vote last year becasue Thomas and Konerko split the Sox fan vote?

What goes around comes around...

Hendu
07-07-2005, 12:27 PM
Fact of the matter is. Right now, with what I have seen this season for my White Sox. I'd rather have Scott Podsednik leading off my team in LF, than Jeter leading off playing SS.

That's the fact, Jack.

Hence, why he deserves to be the all-star over Jeter.

First place > Third place

Jeter: .308, 10 HR, 35 RBI, 66 runs. $19,600,000

Podsednik: .289, 17 RBI, 48 runs, 41 SB. $700,000

At least Scotty is only stealing bases :cool:

Soxzilla
07-07-2005, 12:41 PM
Jeter: .308, 10 HR, 35 RBI, 66 runs. $19,600,000

Podsednik: .289, 17 RBI, 48 runs, 41 SB. $700,000

At least Scotty is only stealing bases :cool:

Zing!

robiwho
07-07-2005, 01:11 PM

:rolling:

JermaineDye05
07-07-2005, 01:20 PM
lmao i just read something this yankee fan posted on a forum, apparently he's now boycotting the allstar game and the homerun derby, lol I wonder why

JermaineDye05
07-07-2005, 01:24 PM
With the rigging being successful and against Jeter and Matsui, I definitely would have rather seen Hunter get in than this Posdenik guy. HE ###### AND HIS STATS ###### BIG TIME!!! I hope he falls on his ###### and he's embarrassed at the game and I bet he won't steal or hit anything against these players

lmao that yes network forum is hilarious