PDA

View Full Version : Defecting Cubs Fans on 670

rowand33
07-06-2005, 08:26 PM
I was listening to Murph on my way to the gym today, and he was asking Cubs fans if they were jumping onto the White Sox bandwagon.

Some guy called in that had been a Cubs fan since 1947 and has recently turned on the Cubs and enjoys the Sox.

Cubs fans are some of the most loyal fans in sports though. The Tribune and ESPN told me so.

Dan H
07-06-2005, 10:17 PM
I caught the Murphster for a few minutes, and heard some Cub fan saying we Sox fans were jealous. Jealous of what? Falling concrete? Pitchers on the disabled list? Constant losing? The guy was pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

SOXPHILE
07-06-2005, 10:20 PM
Aaaa.....Mike "Cub Moron" Murphy. Hmmm, wonder what he thinks of the Sox coming to the Score next year ? Think he'll still have a job ? Maybe he can do pre and post game.

chisoxfan64
07-06-2005, 10:21 PM
The only bad thing about the success of the White Sox Is that all the loyal and faithful, scrub fans will be coming over to watch a good team proclaiming how they are die hard Sox fans. What the Hell was Ronnie I`m a moron woo woo doing there tonight. Someone should have threw him back.

gobears1987
07-06-2005, 10:29 PM
Was Woo WOo there?!?!?!
:chunks

TornLabrum
07-06-2005, 10:30 PM
Last night while I was standing near the front of the line at Gate 2, I looked around twenty or so feet on either side and saw at least a half dozen Cubs caps of various kinds, including the early-20-something in front of me.

So let me ask two questions:

1) Why do they come to our park wearing Cubs gear?

2) How many of you have gone to The Urinal in Sox gear when we weren't playing the Cubs?

LongLiveFisk
07-06-2005, 10:31 PM
What the Hell was Ronnie I`m a moron woo woo doing there tonight. Someone should have threw him back.

WHAT?!?!?!?

Don't tell me he was in full Cubs gear too!

Jerko
07-06-2005, 10:32 PM
WHAT?!?!?!?

Don't tell me he was in full Cubs gear too!

Sadly, I've seen him there in full Cub gear, scaring people along 35th street. He's usually wearing this:

http://jotopo.tripod.com/wrigley/woo.jpg

White Sox Josh
07-06-2005, 10:34 PM
WHAT?!?!?!?

Don't tell me he was in full Cubs gear too!According to farmer and rooney he was.

D. TODD
07-06-2005, 10:38 PM
Any fan who jumps teams does not need to jump on the Sox bandwagon! Let them cheer for the Yankees or Red Sawx. It would totally discombobulate me to start talking with a guy in a Sox hat that knows nothing about them at a local bar. Leave the uninformed bandwagon types to the Northside baseball team.

MtEverett
07-06-2005, 10:59 PM
The only bad thing about the success of the White Sox Is that all the loyal and faithful, scrub fans will be coming over to watch a good team proclaiming how they are die hard Sox fans. What the Hell was Ronnie I`m a moron woo woo doing there tonight. Someone should have threw him back.

I saw him riding south on 90/94 to the cell on my way home

http://www.ronniewoowoo.com/images/fun-horse.jpg

Jenks = GGAAAAAAASSSSS

gobears1987
07-06-2005, 11:00 PM
I would normally say I don't want bandwagon fans, but these people mean more money for the team to go out and get another pitcher.

Jerko
07-06-2005, 11:15 PM
I saw him riding south on 90/94 to the cell on my way home

http://www.ronniewoowoo.com/images/fun-horse.jpg

Jenks = GGAAAAAAASSSSS

That is the funniest photo I have ever seen in my life. The Urban Cowboy Part 2. Even the horse looks embarrassed.

DrCrawdad
07-06-2005, 11:54 PM
Last night while I was standing near the front of the line at Gate 2, I looked around twenty or so feet on either side and saw at least a half dozen Cubs caps of various kinds, including the early-20-something in front of me.

2) How many of you have gone to The Urinal in Sox gear when we weren't playing the Cubs?

When I attended a game at the Shrine with a Cubbie fan who gave me tickets I was instructed to NOT wear Sox gear as it would undoubtedly spark trouble. So then Cubbie fans wear their regalia to The Cell, is that to spark trouble?

I wore a 1" Sox pin over my heart on two occasions at the Shrine. Each time eagle-eyed Cubbie fan drunks spied the pin and hassled me about it. Good to see that Cubbie fans don't care about the Sox.

Nellie_Fox
07-07-2005, 12:55 AM
According to farmer and rooney he was.Yep, Rooney and Farmer said that he was in full Cubs regalia, and even worse, people were high-fiving him.

sox_fan_forever
07-07-2005, 02:07 AM
Yep, Rooney and Farmer said that he was in full Cubs regalia, and even worse, people were high-fiving him.

Man, I'm glad I didn't see that. Not sure how I would have reacted, I was already pretty frustrated with people throwing back home run balls and trying to start the wave, not to mention the Twins fan sitting behind me.

I guess it's the price of winning.

Uncle_Patrick
07-07-2005, 09:35 AM

I've been asking these same questions for the past few years. It always seems to be the same types of people (early to mid 20's, frat boy and sorority girl types) just decked out, from head to toe, in Cubs gear. What's the point? I've been to 2 Cubs in games in the last 10 years and I just wore normal street clothes both times. The first time I brought a Sox hat but didn't wear it inside at the request of one of the people in my party who was afraid it might provoke some drunk moron to display his "Cubbie pride."

I don't really care if these people are jumping on the Sox bandwagon or whatever, but its not necessary to go to a White Sox game in full Cub gear (outside of a Sox/Cubs game). I'm convinced that these people are just looking for trouble. They either just want to irritate Sox fans or they are looking to provoke a stronger reaction.

elrod
07-07-2005, 09:53 AM
Well, are the people decked out in Cubs regalia out there rooting for the Devil Rays? Or are they rooting for the White Sox, even in their Cubs gear? Or are they just at the game and don't care? I think it's very possible that lots of these Cub fans really are pulling for the White Sox. Some are genuine troublemakers to be sure, but I bet a lot just want to see a championship in Chicago and they obviously don't hate the White Sox enough to avoid the crime-infested US Cellular Field.

This is the bandwagon, folks. Get used to it. I know a lot of Cub fans who don't hate the Sox and would root for the Sox in the post-season just to have a winner from Chicago. I'd rather these people be honest about it, admit that they are Cub fans who just want a winner in Chicago and appreciate what the White Sox are doing, than pretending they were Sox fans forever. As long as they root for the White Sox, I don't care what they wear to the ballpark.

Jerko
07-07-2005, 10:08 AM
Man, I'm glad I didn't see that. Not sure how I would have reacted, I was already pretty frustrated with people throwing back home run balls and trying to start the wave, not to mention the Twins fan sitting behind me.

I guess it's the price of winning.

I shouted down the wave last night, but alas, some ******* still threw a home run ball back. The Sox (AND MLB) should put an end to that.

Goose
07-07-2005, 10:15 AM
I would normally say I don't want bandwagon fans, but these people mean more money for the team to go out and get another pitcher.

Let those bandwagoners send in a check. The Sox can send them a T-shirt that says "Sox Fan Since 2005". I would prefer to have the REAL Sox fans come out to Sox Park and support their team.

zach23
07-07-2005, 10:26 AM
Well, are the people decked out in Cubs regalia out there rooting for the Devil Rays? Or are they rooting for the White Sox, even in their Cubs gear? Or are they just at the game and don't care? I think it's very possible that lots of these Cub fans really are pulling for the White Sox. Some are genuine troublemakers to be sure, but I bet a lot just want to see a championship in Chicago and they obviously don't hate the White Sox enough to avoid the crime-infested US Cellular Field.

This is the bandwagon, folks. Get used to it. I know a lot of Cub fans who don't hate the Sox and would root for the Sox in the post-season just to have a winner from Chicago. I'd rather these people be honest about it, admit that they are Cub fans who just want a winner in Chicago and appreciate what the White Sox are doing, than pretending they were Sox fans forever. As long as they root for the White Sox, I don't care what they wear to the ballpark.

The two behind me last night were cheering very loudly for the DRays. It is nothing new, every game I am at there are at least a few near me in cub gear cheering the other team.
I go to about 35-40 games and I have seen this going on for several years now. I have noticed that the better the cubs are playing, the more of their fans are out at our park hating the Sox.
But of course the mediots tell us that cub fans don't care about the Sox.

Ol' No. 2
07-07-2005, 10:52 AM
The two behind me last night were cheering very loudly for the DRays. It is nothing new, every game I am at there are at least a few near me in cub gear cheering the other team.
I go to about 35-40 games and I have seen this going on for several years now. I have noticed that the better the cubs are playing, the more of their fans are out at our park hating the Sox.
But of course the mediots tell us that cub fans don't care about the Sox.I'll be looking forward to having idiot Cubs fans behind me in October cheering for the Cardinals.

SOXSINCE'70
07-07-2005, 11:15 AM
Bandwagon jumpers????The Sox don't need no stinkin'
bandwagon jumpers!!!!:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

It's one team or the other.In the words of Dan McNeil,
"Pick a lane".Translated,that means if you're a Sox fan,
you're a Sox fan.If you choose to root for the brutal blue
machine on the North side,don't come cryin' to Sox fans
about your bad luck.And don't try to pass yourself off as Sox fans.
True Sox fans know what phonies look (and sound) like.
Quite simply,I DON'T CARE!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Steakpita
07-07-2005, 11:16 AM
Simple - Cubs fans finally figured out that we have a really pretty ball park that serves beer, JUST like Wrigley!!! And, since that's why 2/3 of them go to games anyways, well, why not?

I bet some of them get down to the stadium in full Flub gear and are genuinely confused when their team isn't playing. The rest just don't notice.

As far as Ronnie Woo-Woo, he should be BANNED from the Cell. If i EVER see him there, I will personally send the freakin' bum packing. I would hope any of you would do the same. God, do I despise that guy.:angry:

Uncle_Patrick
07-07-2005, 11:24 AM

At any game I've been to at US Cellular, anyone sitting near me in full Cubs wardrobe was always cheering (often loudly) against the Sox. Now, I won't say that's what every Cubs fan inside US Cellular does at every game, but that's been my experience. And really, do you think that they come to the park in their Prior and Wood jerseys to cheer the Sox? Cubs fans know how Sox fans feel about them. They love to talk about. I think it feeds their egos to believe that Sox fans are "jealous" of them.

maurice
07-07-2005, 11:24 AM
Jealous of what? Falling concrete? Pitchers on the disabled list? Constant losing?

Third place. :gulp:

dickallen15
07-07-2005, 12:06 PM
I guy wearing a Cub jersey and hat was sitting behind me last night. Its good to know they don't understand the game sitting at USCF either. When the Tampa guy hit the homer to make it 7-2 he was going nuts. Either they can't understand the numbers on the scoreboard, or they just don't care.

Paxson93
07-07-2005, 12:20 PM
Well, are the people decked out in Cubs regalia out there rooting for the Devil Rays? Or are they rooting for the White Sox, even in their Cubs gear? Or are they just at the game and don't care?

They accidentally caught the red line on the wrong side of the platform. Since they never looked at the field, they thought there at Wrigley. They just couldn't identify the funny taste their Old Style had, or account for the lack of falling conrete and urine.

Pasqua's Posers
07-07-2005, 12:26 PM
Yep, Rooney and Farmer said that he was in full Cubs regalia, and even worse, people were high-fiving him.

That clown needs to get his ass beat. Then he will stop showing up at games.

robiwho
07-07-2005, 12:28 PM
I always seem to get flubbies sitting near me. In my experience, they seem to pay little attention to the game and just sit there talking about how they can't believe they're at a Sox game because they're "such big cub fans."

The thing I don't get this year is the black on black cub hats. You see a lot of people wearing them to Sox games. At the third Sox-cub game, the usher in our row was wearing one. I was so annoyed by his smirking at the end of the game that I asked him why he was ashamed to wear his team's actual colors and had to wear ours instead. His response was that I should wear more color -- instead of the gray Sox tank top I was wearing, apparently. Some witty comeback!

CHISOXFAN13
07-07-2005, 01:33 PM
I saw the ass clown mingling with a peanut vendor on 35th STreet while walking to the game. I walked by and asked him what he was doing there. He looked at me like I was the one out of place wearing Sox gear.

What a tool.

Steakpita
07-07-2005, 01:38 PM
It's settled. Ronnie Must Die.:canseco

WhiteSoxFan84
07-07-2005, 02:05 PM
I caught the Murphster for a few minutes, and heard some Cub fan saying we Sox fans were jealous. Jealous of what? Falling concrete? Pitchers on the disabled list? Constant losing? The guy was pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

we're jealous because their pitchers are undefeated in simulated games :whiner:

ChiSoxRowand
07-07-2005, 04:30 PM
What the Hell was Ronnie I`m a moron woo woo doing there tonight. Someone should have threw him back.

I listened to a little bit of Murph's show last night and somebody emailed him and said that woo woo was at the game. I wasn't sure if it was a joke or not, I guess this thread confirms that he was there.