PDA

View Full Version : Baseball's appeal the next legal step in contraction battle

Jerry_Manuel
11-19-2001, 09:16 PM
Baseball in 2003? 2004? Who knows? (http://msn.espn.go.com/mlb/news/2001/1119/1280790.html)

CerberusWG
11-19-2001, 09:20 PM
Daver, I'll pay you 100 dollars to kill Selig, or 200 dollars to drag him around on one of your cars.

Note sarcasm...

Daver
11-19-2001, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
Daver, I'll pay you 100 dollars to kill Selig, or 200 dollars to drag him around on one of your cars.

Note sarcasm...

The Body brings up some very valid points in his argument,and I think Bud might have a problem coming up with an answer to them.

To quote Milt Pappas from a radio interveiw a few years ago"The game sucks today".

Cerberus get real with the money and we can talk.

:)

LongDistanceFan
11-19-2001, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by daver

The Body brings up some very valid points in his argument,and I think Bud might have a problem coming up with an answer to them.

To quote Milt Pappas from a radio interveiw a few years ago"The game sucks today".

Cerberus get real with the money and we can talk.

:) have you ever heard him speak without a prepared speech, he is kinda of slow.

Daver
11-19-2001, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
have you ever heard him speak without a prepared speech, he is kinda of slow.

Yes I have,I used to listen to his call in radio show in Minnesota whenever I was up there,he is not nearly as slow as I am,I would hazard to call him semi-articulate.

duke of dorwood
11-19-2001, 09:57 PM
:sopranos

We hear there's work to be done

nut_stock
11-20-2001, 11:34 AM
"The former professional wrestler criticized baseball's salaries, citing the $75 million,
six-year contract agreed to last week by Andruw Jones and the Atlanta Braves."

"God bless Andruw Jones -- more power to him," Ventura said. "But he only hit .250 and was rewarded with a $75 million contract. Can you imagine what Harmon Killebrew and Tony Oliva are thinking? You're going to pay a .250 hitter $75
million? Doesn't that tell you something's wrong with the league?"

Its about time this was said bya high ranking official. I agree 100% with the body.

ma-gaga
11-20-2001, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by daver
Yes I have,I used to listen to his call in radio show in Minnesota whenever I was up there,he is not nearly as slow as I am,I would hazard to call him semi-articulate.

He's a lot smarter than people give him credit for. He's a lot more articulate then people give him credit for. He's not a lawyer. Don't expect him to talk like a lawyer.

Ventura is right. Selig likes to use the "look in the mirror" analogy. MLB has a lot more to answer for than the State of Minnesota does.

My only problem (and it's a little off-topic), if the State of Minnesota passes a stadium bill dependent on Revenue Sharing and Salary Caps, doesn't that mean that the Vikings will get a stadium bill as well? Hopefully, they're thinking ahead on this one, and will accomodate both.

Daver
11-20-2001, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by ma-gaga

He's a lot smarter than people give him credit for. He's a lot more articulate then people give him credit for. He's not a lawyer. Don't expect him to talk like a lawyer.

Ventura is right. Selig likes to use the "look in the mirror" analogy. MLB has a lot more to answer for than the State of Minnesota does.

My only problem (and it's a little off-topic), if the State of Minnesota passes a stadium bill dependent on Revenue Sharing and Salary Caps, doesn't that mean that the Vikings will get a stadium bill as well? Hopefully, they're thinking ahead on this one, and will accomodate both.

Hey ma I love the sig,and I agree,repuild Metropolitan Stadium for the Vikes,football in the sub-arctic would be great.