PDA

View Full Version : No Love From ESPN 1st & 10

soxfanreggie
07-06-2005, 04:37 PM
Again, we get no love from ESPN or well barely any...they named Ozzie AL Manager of the Year so far on 1st and 10, but they said we will likely make the playoffs but lose right away. Also, they were ripping on Kenny Williams saying that he only talks about getting big name pitchers to put his team in the news. I'm sorry but having two pitchers who are 10-2 and 13-3 gives us big time pitchers imo. We might not get Roger Clemens, but I can't see him leaving Houston. I'm sorry, but I don't see the Yankees being good enough to spend over $20 mil. on another player. Clemens after the raise and taxes would likely cost them over $1 mil a start. Their team payroll would likely be over $230 mil. if they added him for the rest of the season.

They also said we would never be more than a 2nd class team in a 3rd class city. I think a consistency of playoff apperances and a WS title would really hit into the Cubs.

Kogs35
07-06-2005, 04:44 PM
agian espn 1 &10 is a crappy show, no 1 cares what skip, or woodrow have to say. no watches cold pizza in the mornings.

Iwritecode
07-06-2005, 04:47 PM
:whocares:

:threadsucks:

:threadblows:

buehrle4cy05
07-06-2005, 04:48 PM
:whocares
That show is nothing but a bunch of ingnorant mediots who haven't seen a Sox game since 1999.

Go Go Everetts
07-06-2005, 04:48 PM
The crap-o-rama hour continued when on Rome is Burning guest host, guy from Blind Date, slammed S-Pod saying no one in America wanted to see him in the All Star game.

Lip Man 1
07-06-2005, 04:50 PM
The Tribune blog site has just taken aim at Woody and skerewed him.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/cs-blogcurrent,1,1990381.htmlstory?coll=cs-home-headlines

Lip

Madvora
07-06-2005, 04:51 PM
Aren't these the same people that said we would finish in 2nd, 3rd or 4th in the division?
Now that they accepted that we're in first place, it's time to make other predictions.
Once we win the ALDS, they will say that we will lose the ALCS.
Once we win the ALCS, they will say that we will lose the World Series
Once we win the World Series, they will say that the Yankees and Cubs are the teams to beat in 2006.

infohawk
07-06-2005, 04:52 PM
Not to mention that, to the best of my knowledge, KW didn't inform the public that he was interested in acquiring Jason Schmidt. That story came out of media speculation. KW has actually acquired David Wells, Bartolo Colon and Freddy Garcia, all "big name" pitchers. The only "big name" pitcher whose acquisition I can recall KW publically discussing without getting his man was Randy Johnson. I'm sure a lot is discussed "under the radar," but the accusation seems to be that KW talks publically about pitchers only to get attention. Clearly the source of such a hasty generalization has not really followed the Sox. What new?

daveeym
07-06-2005, 04:54 PM
Wow 3rd class city, now it's not just the Sox they're aiming at. Wow bit of a turf war starting up. We must be getting too big for our knickers over here. :rolleyes:

SoxFan78
07-06-2005, 04:58 PM
Aren't these the same people that said we would finish in 2nd, 3rd or 4th in the division?
Now that they accepted that we're in first place, it's time to make other predictions.
Once we win the ALDS, they will say that we will lose the ALCS.
Once we win the ALCS, they will say that we will lose the World Series
Once we win the World Series, they will say that the Yankees and Cubs are the teams to beat in 2006.

Also, if the Sox win the world series, ESPN will proclaim that the Sox had a very lucky season and the only reason why they won is because the Yankees and Red Sox had off years.

Also, they will have news crews in Wrigleyville, New York and Boston to cover their reactions.

PAPChiSox729
07-06-2005, 05:05 PM
Also, if the Sox win the world series, ESPN will proclaim that the Sox had a very lucky season and the only reason why they won is because the Yankees and Red Sox had off years.

Also, they will have news crews in Wrigleyville, New York and Boston to cover their reactions.

Meh, we would still have our title!!! Who cares about the media??
:bandance: :bandance:

TommyJohn
07-06-2005, 05:18 PM
That piece of crap blog is worthless. ANOTHER idiot proclaiming that Comiskey
is the reason Sox fans have "suffered" for nine decades? That he was the
"worst" thing to happen to baseball? He may have been bad, but the "worst?"
I beg to differ. Joe Jackson and Buck Weaver would be in the Hall? Wah! Boo
hoo hoo!

The best part is when he wrote that the "suffereing won't end" until the
Comiskey statue is defaced and a public burning ceremony of some sort
is held. This cannot be a White Sox fan writing that. I don't know of a Sox
fan in the world who would advocate destroying property in order to "lift"
a non-existent "curse." What is the IQ level of all these idiots, anyway?

I clicked on that link to see Paige get skewered and I wound up reading that
garbage. Ugh. Why did I bother?

IS THERE ONE PERSON OUT THERE WHO WHO CAN SAY THAT THE WHITE
SOX WILL WIN THE WORLD SERIES WHEN THEY FIELD A TEAM CAPABLE
ENOUGH OF WINNING IT?????!!!!!!! AAAAHHHHHH!!!

:prozac :prozac :prozac

Lip Man 1
07-06-2005, 07:05 PM
The Paige stuff is right there directly above the take on Charles Comiskey.

Lip

Chips
07-06-2005, 07:24 PM
The hell with ESPN. Cold Pizza is the dumbest show I've ever seen. I watched it the other morning before work and haven't seen it since.

Tragg
07-06-2005, 07:58 PM
Also, they were ripping on Kenny Williams saying that he only talks about getting big name pitchers to put his team in the news.

Give them a break. ESPN can't say anything good about Williams because the words "You will promote Theo Epstein as the greatest general manager in baseball and a true genius" appear in their job description.

Optipessimism
07-07-2005, 02:06 AM
That's it media, keep trashing us please!!! Under the radar baby, all the way to a fluke World Series victory in Game 6.

Falstaff
07-07-2005, 02:41 AM
Not to mention that, to the best of my knowledge, KW didn't inform the public that he was interested in acquiring Jason Schmidt. That story came out of media speculation. KW has actually acquired David Wells, Bartolo Colon and Freddy Garcia, all "big name" pitchers. The only "big name" pitcher whose acquisition I can recall KW publically discussing without getting his man was Randy Johnson. I'm sure a lot is discussed "under the radar," but the accusation seems to be that KW talks publically about pitchers only to get attention. Clearly the source of such a hasty generalization has not really followed the Sox. What new?
hey dont forget about Todd Ritchie!!! He had a big name too ya know:rolleyes: