PDA

View Full Version : Sox fans in South Florida, I know you are out there?

SoxOnTop
07-06-2005, 02:01 PM
I posted this question in April, but I'm hoping I've got a few more eyes reading now that we are the talk of the MLB.

I just moved to Boca Raton, FL last fall and I'm hoping that I can find a few Sox fans in South Florida or perhaps a Sox friendly bar. Are there any more of you out there looking to congregate for a few Sox games?

:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

32nd&Wallace
07-06-2005, 02:06 PM
i know there is a guy name hawk who lives in orlando during the winter...big sox fan

my5thbench
07-06-2005, 02:11 PM
it's tuff rooting for the Sox from a distance...we lived in Huntington Beach,

Calif 25 years ago, obviously no internet & few Angel games were on tv

I toof the tv out on the patio one Sunday & the Haloes were playing at

old Comiskey...a foul pop down third baseline was caught by a guy &

sitting next to him was a buddy of mine from here in Indiana, my buddy

just missed it I yelled at my wife "look there's John S."

my5thbench
07-06-2005, 02:14 PM
unfortunately that was one of the few Sox highlights that I was able to

enjoy in that '79 season I saw them get pounded a couple of times live

at the Big A that year

ouch

SoxOnTop
07-06-2005, 02:28 PM
I must say that I'm lucky in this day and age to have XM Radio and the MLB.TV package so that I can watch the games. But there is nothing like the camaraderie of a few Sox fans watching the game together.

Kevin
07-06-2005, 03:37 PM
i know there is a guy name hawk who lives in orlando during the winter...big sox fan

I live 15 minutes from him and 15 minutes from Rock Raines. A few years back I saw Rock Raines, his O's playing son and Prince Fielder enjoying some taco bell in a suburb called Lake Mary...yes. My dad's magazine is doing a piece on Hawk for an upcoming issue as we speak.

Tekijawa
07-06-2005, 03:46 PM
I posted this question in April, but I'm hoping I've got a few more eyes reading now that we are the talk of the MLB.

I just moved to Boca Raton...

You might want to start looking into Flights to Chicago in October, Gas prices are going up and so will Airfare eventually... thought I'd save you a few bucks down the road!

SoxOnTop
07-06-2005, 04:22 PM
You might want to start looking into Flights to Chicago in October, Gas prices are going up and so will Airfare eventually... thought I'd save you a few bucks down the road!

I'm praying for a Marlins/Sox WS....:Rocker:

tlebar318
07-06-2005, 04:29 PM
I'm praying for a Marlins/Sox WS....:Rocker:

Of course prior to that we can take in the Devil Rays/Sox ALCS right? :D:

joeywpb
07-06-2005, 04:42 PM
WOW- thats weird. I lived in Palm Beach from July 95- to just last month. I have since moved back to waukegan to take care of my sisters kids. I know your in "pain", but Watching the Marlins will NOT suck. I know the sox get NO national coverage, but that is why there is this site a directv. I know they are not the sox, but if I can't watch(or go to) the sox games the Marlins are a great plan B. I went to the game 7 in '97 and a couple series and playoffs games in '03(member ozzie was the 3rd base coach on that team). I can't really tell you were to go, but I can tell you there is a million sports bars down there.

Pasqua's Posers
07-07-2005, 07:02 PM
I must say that I'm lucky in this day and age to have XM Radio and the MLB.TV package so that I can watch the games. But there is nothing like the camaraderie of a few Sox fans watching the game together.

amen brother!

Red Barchetta
07-07-2005, 10:19 PM
I just moved near Tampa Bay over the winter. Figures the SOX would have their best season the year I move out of town. Oh well, still watching and following them.

I hope to find a SOX friendly watering hole as well. I was at one local bar and started talking baseball and it wasn't until 10 minutes into the conversation that they figured out I meant "White Sox" not "Red Sox" when I said "Sox".

My favorite exchange went something like this..."Wow, I'm surprised anyone from Chicago is a Sox fan. I thought most people are Cubs fans. Why do you follow the Red Sox?" :angry:

FloridaSox
07-07-2005, 10:46 PM
After 25 years in Arizona (a Sox fan the entire time even during the D-Back 2001 World Championship Season), I moved to Coconut Creek (n. of Ft. Lauderdale) last year.

LongLiveFisk
07-07-2005, 10:51 PM

I just moved to Boca Raton, FL last fall and I'm hoping that I can find a few Sox fans in South Florida or perhaps a Sox friendly bar. Are there any more of you out there looking to congregate for a few Sox games?

:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

Well, I will be in Boca Raton Aug 15-19 on a business trip and might be looking for some fellow Sox fans then. At least the Aug 19th game is on WGN so in a worst case scenario I can watch it in my hotel room. :smile:

By the way, how do you like Boca? I hear it's a ritzy area. True? (Never been there).

SoxOnTop
07-07-2005, 10:53 PM
I just moved near Tampa Bay over the winter. Figures the SOX would have their best season the year I move out of town. Oh well, still watching and following them.

I hope to find a SOX friendly watering hole as well. I was at one local bar and started talking baseball and it wasn't until 10 minutes into the conversation that they figured out I meant "White Sox" not "Red Sox" when I said "Sox".

My favorite exchange went something like this..."Wow, I'm surprised anyone from Chicago is a Sox fan. I thought most people are Cubs fans. Why do you follow the Red Sox?" :angry:

I moved from Tampa last September. I recall that there were a few Sox fans working at the St. Pete Ale House on 9th.

SoxOnTop
07-08-2005, 09:53 AM
After 25 years in Arizona (a Sox fan the entire time even during the D-Back 2001 World Championship Season), I moved to Coconut Creek (n. of Ft. Lauderdale) last year.

Is there anywhere in particular you go to see the Sox play?