PDA

View Full Version : No Paulie in HR Derby...please

blevy
07-06-2005, 12:52 PM
As many of you will remember in 2002 when Paulie was last elected to the All-Star Game, he competed in the HR Derby. After the break you'll also remember he pretty much fell off the map for not only the latter half of the season but the entire season following.

Now I know it's just superstition on my part, but I'd prefer he didn't go in there & messing with his swing trying to knock the hell out of the ball then having another 2nd half collapse.

Kind of a pointless thread I suppose, but just a random thought I had.

pythons007
07-06-2005, 01:05 PM
As many of you will remember in 2002 when Paulie was last elected to the All-Star Game, he competed in the HR Derby. After the break you'll also remember he pretty much fell off the map for not only the latter half of the season but the entire season following.

Now I know it's just superstition on my part, but I'd prefer he didn't go in there & messing with his swing trying to knock the hell out of the ball then having another 2nd half collapse.

Kind of a pointless thread I suppose, but just a random thought I had.

:welcome: aboard

Randar68
07-06-2005, 01:14 PM
Pauly has had a HR-derby approach at the plate most of the season, it's not going to screw him up now...

SOXfnNlansing
07-06-2005, 01:16 PM
:welcome: to WSI

CYGarland20
07-06-2005, 02:13 PM
Pauly has had a HR-derby approach at the plate most of the season, it's not going to screw him up now... Exactly. When he was in the Home Run Derby in 2002, he was having an Mvp caliber season to that point, hitting around .300 w/ 20 Homers and like 65 rbi's. This year he isn't even hitting .250. Maybe being in the Homerun derby will help his swing for the 2nd half. Besides I would love to see a Sox player in it anyways, then maybe people would realize we can also hit the longball too :cool:

chisox2005
07-06-2005, 02:17 PM
I wouldn't be suprised to see Paulie in the derby now that Derrick Lee went down. I think it was a given that he was going to represent the USA. Any one know who else is in the running to represent the US?

my5thbench
07-06-2005, 02:20 PM
if we can vote Pods into the ASG surely we can get him into the home run

derby.....sorry I'm to dumb to do teal

DaleJRFan
07-06-2005, 02:21 PM
I wouldn't be suprised to see Paulie in the derby now that Derrick Lee went down. I think it was a given that he was going to represent the USA. Any one know who else is in the running to represent the US?

...according to MLB.com, Manny Ramirez will represent the USA since he has acquired US citizenship.

chisox2005
07-06-2005, 02:26 PM
...according to MLB.com, Manny Ramirez will represent the USA since he has acquired US citizenship.

Please tell me your joking :(:

Madvora
07-06-2005, 02:56 PM
if we can vote Pods into the ASG surely we can get him into the home run

derby.....sorry I'm to dumb to do teal

I think Scotty could leg out a few inside the parkers.

34rancher
07-06-2005, 03:35 PM
I think Scotty could leg out a few inside the parkers.
Hey if Paul Konerko can have an insde the park home run, I guess it truely can happen to anyone.

kevingrt
07-06-2005, 03:40 PM
Hey if Paul Konerko can have an insde the park home run, I guess it truely can happen to anyone.

Coco Crisp just had one not too long ago, first one I have seen in awhile. I would die to see an inside the park HR in person, especially by Pods.

SpammySosa
07-06-2005, 03:41 PM

And Karkovice too!:tongue:

SOXSINCE'70
07-06-2005, 03:47 PM

2000 season in Tampa Bay.One of the few good memories
I have of that season.When the slowest runner on the team
can leg one out,it's got to be your year.At least it was
until the ALDS.:(: :(: