PDA

View Full Version : Houston Chronicle gets it RIGHT! (What excuse can Chicago sports mediots offer?)

FanofBill
07-06-2005, 09:21 AM
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/3254045

This Chicago fire beginning to spread

The White Sox have used excellent starting pitching, clutch hitting and an us-against-them attitude to race to the best record in the major leagues

By JOSE DE JESUS ORTIZ
Copyright 2005 Houston Chronicle

PaleHoseGeorge
07-06-2005, 09:37 AM
Amazing. This guy and his editor who wrote the headline have a better grasp of what has made the Sox successful than our own local sports mediots. Pitching, clutch hitting, and attitude. (I'm not sure how you define "attitude" but being the "other team" in Chicago, it would seem to be a necessity.)

Just yesterday Cubune curmudgeon Bill Jauss wrote a piece about the Sox repeatedly using the goofy cliche about "pitching and defense" and today's game recap by everyday dope Mark Gonzales claims "the Sox reverted to their power game." (My emphasis added.)

What ****ing planet are these guys living on? Over half the season has been played and they still can't get their facts right.

The Cubune is a ****ing joke. The Houston Chronicle covers the Sox with more insight than Dan McGrath's "Gang Who Couldn't Write Right."

ondafarm
07-06-2005, 09:44 AM
From Jesus' typewriter . . .

The Racehorse
07-06-2005, 09:46 AM
*clap, clap, clap*

Nice job, Jose De Jesus Ortiz. :cool:

*clap, clap, clap*

SOXintheBURGH
07-06-2005, 09:55 AM
*clap, clap, clap*

Nice job, Jose De Jesus Ortiz. :cool:

*clap, clap, clap*

Great article..

ooh--ee--ooh.. Jose De Jesus Ortiz!

Kogs35
07-06-2005, 10:01 AM
nice read there.

CubKilla
07-06-2005, 10:09 AM
The Cubune is a ****ing joke.

Not just the Cubune. The majority of this city is a joke because they cannot think for themselves and they buy into all the propoganda and hyperbole. When I leave Chicago and people undoubtedly ask me, "You're from Chicago? You must be a Cubs fan", I wanna throw up.

TornLabrum
07-06-2005, 10:11 AM
Mr. Ortiz,

I just read your excellent article about the White Sox in your online edition. Unfortunately you could have added one more thing about the Sox lack of recognition. They are all but ignored by the local media who spend most of their time gushing about the sub-.500 Cubs. Part of the Sox’ flying under the radar is the fact that even when a story is written about them in the local papers, it has some kind of negative cast to it.

This isn’t really surprising since the Sox’ main competition is owned by the same company that owns the newspaper with the largest circulation. Amazingly, though, the chief rival paper, the Sun-Times, also has been extremely negative in its coverage of the Sox, mainly because of the vendetta one of their columnists has against Jerry Reinsdorf.

So Sox fans have to go to articles like yours to read a positive story on our team.

Thank you.

Hal Vickery

:knue

"We were just getting around to publishing a story like this. Now that you've spoiled it, forget it!"

SOXSINCE'70
07-06-2005, 11:06 AM
The Cubune is a ****ing joke.

:moron

"If the Cubune is a joke ,what the hell am I??"
A DRILLROD!!:angry: :angry: :angry:

RedHeadPaleHoser
07-06-2005, 01:50 PM
Mr. Ortiz,

I just read your excellent article about the White Sox in your online edition. Unfortunately you could have added one more thing about the Sox lack of recognition. They are all but ignored by the local media who spend most of their time gushing about the sub-.500 Cubs. Part of the Sox’ flying under the radar is the fact that even when a story is written about them in the local papers, it has some kind of negative cast to it.

This isn’t really surprising since the Sox’ main competition is owned by the same company that owns the newspaper with the largest circulation. Amazingly, though, the chief rival paper, the Sun-Times, also has been extremely negative in its coverage of the Sox, mainly because of the vendetta one of their columnists has against Jerry Reinsdorf.

So Sox fans have to go to articles like yours to read a positive story on our team.

Thank you.

Hal Vickery

:worship:

Iron Dragon
07-06-2005, 04:00 PM
Note to the Cubane AND the Sun-Times....

This is what you SHOULD be writing about Chicago's 1st-place team.