PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Jenks Video Clip

JUribe1989
07-06-2005, 02:58 AM
As I was surfing the net I stumbled upon this video clip of our newly called up relief pitcher Bobby Jenks. In the video it appears he throws very hard and has a good breaking ball.
http://www.futureangels.com/video/jenks.ram

TaylorStSox
07-06-2005, 03:03 AM
That curveball at 38 seconds in was better than any one player that I've seen in our whole organization.

SOX ADDICT '73
07-06-2005, 03:24 AM
That curveball at 38 seconds in was better than any one player that I've seen in our whole organization.
Agreed! As Hawk is fond of saying, "it just falls off the table." I can't wait to see him pitch in the bigs during garbage time of a 15-0 blowout against Oakland this weekend.

Though wasn't Arnie Munoz [shudders] supposed to have a wicked curveball too? Let's hope for better results this time.

TaylorStSox
07-06-2005, 03:28 AM
Agreed! As Hawk is fond of saying, "it just falls off the table." I can't wait to see him pitch in the bigs during garbage time of a 15-0 blowout against Oakland this weekend.

Though wasn't Arnie Munoz [shudders] supposed to have a wicked curveball too? Let's hope for better results this time.

Munoz didn't throw 100.

SOX ADDICT '73
07-06-2005, 03:46 AM
This guy sounds like a freak of nature. I remember some well-informed WSIers were pretty excited when we picked up Jenks this off-season. The only question is, can he remain healthy? Not many fireballers can sustain that level of performance very long, and he's already had arm problems. Maybe his combination of power and "stuff" (not depending exclusively on 100 mph pitches to get guys out) means he's not as likely to pull a "Carrie Woods" on us.

TaylorStSox
07-06-2005, 03:53 AM
This guy sounds like a freak of nature. I remember some well-informed WSIers were pretty excited when we picked up Jenks this off-season. The only question is, can he remain healthy? Not many fireballers can sustain that level of performance very long, and he's already had arm problems. Maybe his combination of power and "stuff" (not depending exclusively on 100 mph pitches to get guys out) means he's not as likely to pull a "Carrie Woods" on us.

Can Jenks just be himself? Can Cooper turn him into a pitcher? We'll see! This guy has better stuff than anybody on our team. He's a project. But, If lightning stikes, we'll look like genuises.

Realist
07-06-2005, 04:34 PM
Yikes. His stuff looks nastyyyyyyyyy. :o: I'm glad he's on our side now.

buehrle4cy05
07-06-2005, 04:42 PM
He's a really good player. Just hope he doesn't have any of the personal problems that were detailed earlier in his career.

soltrain21
07-06-2005, 05:01 PM
That curveball was wicked. That was a cool video. I really liked the kid that kept saying "hey batter batter batter."

Randar68
07-06-2005, 05:04 PM

He was a starter with Anaheim previously and moved to the pen when the Sox got him. Rich Dotson (B'ham pitching coach) has done wonders for Jenks.

He had well-documented personal issues in Anaheim and a fresh start was best for both. Kid has as much talent as anyone, anywhere. Let's see what he can do with it.

MIgrenade
07-06-2005, 05:47 PM
Munoz didn't throw 100.

A lot of guys can throw 100 and get shelled while there are a lot of guys that thow 90 and get outs. It all depends on movement of pitches. We will see if Jenks can do that.

Randar68
07-06-2005, 06:09 PM
A lot of guys can throw 100 and get shelled while there are a lot of guys that thow 90 and get outs. It all depends on movement of pitches. We will see if Jenks can do that.

Jenks' fastball is not straight. ala Kyle Farnsworth and Billy Koch...

Location will be what determines his success. We don't have many hard-throwers, so somebody coming in throwing 100 is going to look doubly-overwhelming if he can throw strikes and work the inside...

So.ILSoxFan
07-06-2005, 06:28 PM

Location will be what determines his success. We don't have many hard-throwers, so somebody coming in throwing 100 is going to look doubly-overwhelming if he can throw strikes and work the inside...

Billy who? :angry:

White Sox Josh
07-06-2005, 07:44 PM

Location will be what determines his success. We don't have many hard-throwers, so somebody coming in throwing 100 is going to look doubly-overwhelming if he can throw strikes and work the inside...and than put Shingo in after that the batters have no idea what's coming. Jenks has extremely good stuff. That Curveball is wicked.

White Sox Josh
07-06-2005, 07:50 PM
By the way I believe that Jenks is a Boras Client.