PDA

View Full Version : Idiot cub fans react to Bonds as MVP

dougs78
11-19-2001, 07:09 PM
This year is another case study to illustrate the difficulty in determining just what the MVP means. If it's the “player of the year” connotation, than Barry Bonds is your man hands down. No other player has had such a monstrous offensive season before. Pure and simple--OBP, slugging percentage, home run total--the numbers are staggering. However, if the MVP is actually about the player most indispensable to his team, than Sammy is the guy. He both knocked in and scored the most runs in the league by a significantly wide margin, and the game is about scoring the most runs for your team, after all. Plus, “most valuable” must be evaluated relative to the other components of the team, and Sammy's contribution to the Cubs offense so far outstripped that of Bonds that Ricky Gutierrez could have been argued as the second best offensive producer on the Cubs. I love Gutty, but c'mon now. Ricky Gutierrez? Kent and Aurilia gave Bonds the support that Sammy could only dream of...that is, when he wasn't visualizing his next 500 foot shot onto Waveland... --Paul Gulezian, Oak Park, Ill.

This was posted on "readers react" on chicagosports.com, i thought we could all enjoy slicing it to shreds. You gotta love these cubbie fans logic. This guy in one sentence says that Bonds lead the league in OBP: We therefore know he was on base more than anyone else. He then states he lead the league in Slugging percentage: this clearly indicates he got himself into scoring position with extra base hits more than anyone else. he further states that bonds lead the world with 73 Home runs: this shows he knocked himself in (runs scored) more than anyone else.

Now, being the genius he is, he then goes on to say that Sosa is the MVP becuase sammy scored more runs even though he had worse hitters behind him. Well, it must take a sox fan to see that if bonds has all those advantages discussed in the first paragraph and then has better hitters behind him, he would naturally score more runs. The only factor which could sway this is Stolen Bases and since sammy stole a grand total of ZERO this year, we can throw that out as well.

So, follow with me now: Because Bonds put himself in a better postion to score runs than sammy did and yet sammy still scored more runs, this means Sosa is better.

Well, i hate to break it to this maltbag, but if these giants hitting behind Bonds truly performed better than the cubs hitting behind sosa, doesn't it necessarily follow that bonds would have scored more runs than sosa???

Its only shame that this idiot will never be around to hear what a philosophical corner he has backed himself into.

CerberusWG
11-19-2001, 07:22 PM
How much did Paul pay Mariotti to write that little piece for him?

dougs78
11-19-2001, 07:42 PM
No, but i think that moron just read the columns and summarized. They are all idiots.

GASHWOUND
11-19-2001, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by dougs78

This was posted on "readers react" on chicagosports.com, i thought we could all enjoy slicing it to shreds. You gotta love these cubbie fans logic. This guy in one sentence says that Bonds lead the league in OBP: We therefore know he was on base more than anyone else. He then states he lead the league in Slugging percentage: this clearly indicates he got himself into scoring position with extra base hits more than anyone else. he further states that bonds lead the world with 73 Home runs: this shows he knocked himself in (runs scored) more than anyone else.

Now, being the genius he is, he then goes on to say that Sosa is the MVP becuase sammy scored more runs even though he had worse hitters behind him. Well, it must take a sox fan to see that if bonds has all those advantages discussed in the first paragraph and then has better hitters behind him, he would naturally score more runs. The only factor which could sway this is Stolen Bases and since sammy stole a grand total of ZERO this year, we can throw that out as well.

So, follow with me now: Because Bonds put himself in a better postion to score runs than sammy did and yet sammy still scored more runs, this means Sosa is better.

Well, i hate to break it to this maltbag, but if these giants hitting behind Bonds truly performed better than the cubs hitting behind sosa, doesn't it necessarily follow that bonds would have scored more runs than sosa???

Its only shame that this idiot will never be around to hear what a philosophical corner he has backed himself into.

Nice analysis on the idiot fan letter.
It really is pathetic how someone could be so stupid. But thats what beig a Flub fan is all about. Being morons. Speaking of Morons, I wonder what the leader of the pack is gonna write about in his column.

:moron
"What an injustice!!!!"