PDA

View Full Version : * Official * Big Hurt Does It Again Postgame Thread

FielderJones
07-05-2005, 10:39 PM
What more can you say ... awesome!

:winner (misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=5#)

chisoxmike
07-05-2005, 10:40 PM
Devil Rays get OWNED!

56-26!

30 games over!

Thanks Frank!
:supernana: :supernana: :supernana:
:gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

darklord23
07-05-2005, 10:40 PM
nice comeback in the later innings again, i love those

kj.hayes
07-05-2005, 10:41 PM
30 Games over! Yes!!!

(And don't forget to Vote For Scottie!)

tebman
Thomas is the guy we'll be telling our grandkids about. Man, what a pure hitter that guy is!

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

balke
I'm really worried about Frank Thomas swinging at the second pitch and aiming for the fences. I want more singles dabnabbit!

Attaway to shut em up Frank. People almost forgot how clutch you are. HOF 1st Ballot clutch.

delben91
07-05-2005, 10:42 PM
Frank Thomas, I've never doubted you, but not even in my wildest dreams did I imagine one player would come this close to single-handedly dominating games so quickly.

What a game, even if I "watched" it on CBS Sportsline. Amazing, just absolutely, unbelieveably amazing.

:gulp: to you big Frank.

VenturaFan23
chalk up another catch phrase from DJ:

"OOOOOOHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYY!!" :D:

nedlug
17 hits.
10 home runs.

Ridiculous.

Taliesinrk
Bring him back JR!!!!

duke of dorwood
07-05-2005, 10:43 PM
Not to long ago, the rap on Frank was that he never hit in the late innings

pczarapa
07-05-2005, 10:43 PM
Devil Rays get OWNED!

56-26!

30 games over!

Thanks Frank!
:supernana: :supernana: :supernana:
:gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

Damn, that was awesome!

Reminds me of 83
07-05-2005, 10:44 PM
I am simply amazed by this team. Every time, it is someone new.

Frank has been awesome. Best sight tonight, Frank and his teammates celebrating after his homerun. They are a special group.
:D: Is this a dream??

The Racehorse
Frank isn't seeing baseballs coming at him, he's seeing volleyballs! :bandance:

PicktoCLick72
Frank is in his own world. In this one month I believe he has silnced most doubters that he is a first ballot hall of famer. I feel blessed to have been able to root for him throughout his career. We have to resign his for next year. 30 games over before the All-Star break= rediculous. Time for some dancing potassium.:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

pczarapa
07-05-2005, 10:45 PM
That's the biggest difference for me this year, I have faith that they'll come back in the late innings. That was a really sweet win!

C'monstretch
07-05-2005, 10:45 PM
Imagine if Thomas was here all year. You have to think, if he had been here hitting homers at this pace since April......

By the way, Ron Kittle Hit Seven Rooftop Home Runs......that's all the book is about.

Nothing Will Stop Us NOW.

RKMeibalane
07-05-2005, 10:46 PM
(singing)

Nobody does it better
Makes me feel sad for the rest
Nobody does it half as good as you
Big Frank, you're the best

whitesoxfan
:winner

30 over .500. that is really unbelievable. Frank continues to kill the ball. Just imagine our record if we had him on opening day. Another great comeback win. Let's go for the brooms tomorrow :supernana:

skobabe8
His last 2 home runs( tonights and the one in Oakland) have looked more like the mamoth shots he used to hit in '93 and '94. The ones that look like they take very little effort.

Blob
07-05-2005, 10:48 PM
chalk up another catch phrase from DJ:

"OOOOOOHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYY!!" :D:

Don't forget the "BYYYEEE-BYYYYEEE!!" He adds too!! Long as Frank keeps hitting them, they can have whatever home run call they want!

All the ungrateful fans that have been booing Frank for the past few years ought to hang their heads in shame now. Even if he wasn't this hot this year, his past accomplishments should be good enough. But, that just isnt good enough for some...

PAPChiSox729
07-05-2005, 10:48 PM
Frank isn't seeing baseballs coming at him, he's seeing volleyballs! :bandance:

The way he is hitting it, that might not need teal!
:bandance:

skobabe8
07-05-2005, 10:49 PM
Thanks alot, Paulie, for swinging at the first pitch after Franks dinger and ruining a chance for a curtain call! :D:

C'monstretch
07-05-2005, 10:50 PM
DJ from last night. " Oh yes he Can....tu":rolling:

chitownhawkfan
I think Frank is trying to reach 500 before the end of the season. Man, not only is he hitting a ridiculous amount of Home Runs, when he hits them there is no doubt. As soon as he got his arms extended tonight there was no doubt.
:hurt
Has there ever been a better player to put on a Sox uniform?

:andy
No arguments here, you the man frank!

Sonik22
Volleyballs? Pfffh Beachballs:supernana: :dtroll: :supernana: Party Yeah!

Bisco Stu
07-05-2005, 10:52 PM
420 feet, did you say?

Guess someone will have to twist my arm as I do yet another b**ghit in honor of Frank.

Let's all take a moment to realize we are all getting to witness our franchise's greatest player. Not every fan of every team can say that.

Let's all take a moment to appreciate Frank.

Reminds me of 83
07-05-2005, 10:56 PM
Let's all take a moment to appreciate Frank.[/QUOTE]

Here's to Frank:gulp:

ChiSoxPatF
07-05-2005, 10:57 PM
No steriods needed. Can you imagine if he had been able to play in those other 60 games he missed? He'd be around 30 homers already! He's better than any addition this team could have ever made during the midseason.

How about Jermaine on fire all the sudden?

chisox06
07-05-2005, 11:02 PM
This is the most excited Ive ever been for the Sox. Every day it's a different way and someone new.

-great starting pitching
-very good bullpen
-extremely efficient/aggressive base running
-clutch hitting
-great defense
-great team chemistry

All of the above are some of the reasons I can see for the success this year (I know, no brainers right). This team is winning because the points above had been consistant throughout the year. That equals 30 games over, ridiculous.:supernana:

popilius
07-05-2005, 11:03 PM
YES! I was in the car with my windows rolled down when John Rooney goes: "THOMAS UNLOADS!. . . " Everyone on the road must have heard me!

:gulp:

Cellview22
07-05-2005, 11:03 PM
Yep, here's to Frank! :gulp: You da man!:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: I never imagined him being so dominant in June and July. Can't wait to see what he pulls off in the rest of July, August, and September... and of course, October! This is the greatest season ever!

And way to go Freddy, Neil, Politte, and Hermanson!..heck, give it up for the whole team, everyone rocks!

Kogs35
07-05-2005, 11:04 PM
i luvvvvvvvv frank :bandance: :bandance: :gulp: 30 games over .500:supernana: :gulp: :gulp: :bandance: VOTE PODS!!!!

PeteWard
07-05-2005, 11:07 PM
Don't forget two-out RBIs by Ozuna and Uribe to keep Sox close.

FielderJones
07-05-2005, 11:08 PM
Are the two official threads going to be merged?

PAPChiSox729
07-05-2005, 11:08 PM
No steriods needed. Can you imagine if he had been able to play in those other 60 games he missed? He'd be around 30 homers already! He's better than any addition this team could have ever made during the midseason.

How about Jermaine on fire all the sudden?

Well DJ brought it up earlier. JD has been "on fire" since May 18. He is just a slow starter.

ChiSox14305635
07-05-2005, 11:10 PM
This is what you get Tampa Bay for lying down like dogs for the Twinkies over the weekend. :bandance:

Ventura Fan 23
07-05-2005, 11:13 PM
That home run was so awesome. I could tell it was way outta there the second he swung.

slavko
07-05-2005, 11:16 PM
Not to long ago, the rap on Frank was that he never hit in the late innings
I plead guilty to saying the above for years.

CJLove23
07-05-2005, 11:16 PM
I was at a Sports Grill that had both "baseball teams" on, but the Cubs had their rain delay, so all eyes were on the Sox. The Big Hurt gave a nice middle finger to all the Cubs fans who doubted the game tonight. Good times ! :D:

PeteWard
07-05-2005, 11:17 PM
That home run was so awesome. I could tell it was way outta there the second he swung.

I bet Frank had no idea either.

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/ILBK10407060248.jpeg

Chicago White Sox's Frank Thomas follows through on a three-run home run scoring Scott Posednik and Tadahito Iguchi during the eighth inning, Tuesday, July 5, 2005, in Chicago. The White Sox won 6-4. (AP Photo/Brian Kersey)

Ventura Fan 23
07-05-2005, 11:20 PM
You can totally see it in his expression :D:

Frater Perdurabo
07-05-2005, 11:21 PM
Over the past three seasons September has been Frank's best month.

Over his career, but particularly over the past three seasons, Frank's been significantly better at home than on the road.

The Sox play 17 games at the Cell in September.

At this rate it's at least possible for Frank to hit 30-35 homers for the season.

I smell "September AL Player of the Month" for Frank as the Sox bury the rest of the AL Central.

:supernana:

fquaye149
07-05-2005, 11:24 PM
420 feet, did you say?

Guess someone will have to twist my arm as I do yet another b**ghit in honor of Frank.

Let's all take a moment to realize we are all getting to witness our franchise's greatest player. Not every fan of every team can say that.

Let's all take a moment to appreciate Frank.

I can't figure out what in the **** those asterisks represent! can someone PM me?

I haven't been this confused since the "friends of uncle jerry" debacle.

Frater Perdurabo
07-05-2005, 11:25 PM
No PTC winner thread yet? :redneck

I'm going to go out on a limb to say Frank should win PTC for tonight. :D:

His clutch three-run moon shot won the damn game, after all. :tongue:

Fake Chet Lemon
07-05-2005, 11:25 PM
Let's give plenty of props to the igniter for starting it all once again. There was no doubt Pods was going to score after he lead off with a hit, glad Frank made it easy. When Pods and Gooch get on, and there is nowhere to put Frank it's almost not fair to the opposition. :smile:

Lip Man 1
07-05-2005, 11:26 PM
Wow!!

Me likee very much!

:smile:

Lip

batmanZoSo
07-05-2005, 11:26 PM
You know if the rest of the lineup just keeps it close and the pitching holds up like this, having Frank do nothing but come in with big late homers just might be a winning formula. :wink:

SOXfnNlansing
07-05-2005, 11:27 PM
:gulp: Frank is apart of the TEAM!:bandance: WTG BIG GUY:bandance:

PeteWard
07-05-2005, 11:31 PM
:gulp: Frank is apart of the TEAM!:bandance: WTG BIG GUY:bandance:

Certainly you mean "a part"? :rolleyes:

SoxSpeed22
07-05-2005, 11:32 PM
Make the late charge. Win the game. 30 games over!:bandance:

SOXfnNlansing
07-05-2005, 11:32 PM
Certainly you mean "a part"? :rolleyes: BEER factor:bandance:

PeteWard
07-05-2005, 11:38 PM
BEER factor:bandance:

Good reason. It has garbled many of my posts in the past.

Thomas has been so, so tough but I admit to being one who,even though I wanted him back badly, was worried about chemistry (esp. with Ozzie) and such, given his past. :redface:
It's just a pleasure watching him hit and enjoy playing these days

ATXBMX
07-05-2005, 11:41 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3026&stc=1

Frank rules

PeteWard
07-05-2005, 11:43 PM
Don't look now but Molina just homered to put LA up 2-1. If that holds, we have the super-mega- perfecta going: Sox Win, Tribe loses, Minny losing, Cubs losing (and dipping under .500 again) and all Cub rivals winning.

Not a bad night even if LA does not hold.
:bandance:

batmanZoSo
07-05-2005, 11:45 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3026&stc=1

Frank rules

:hawk
That's awesome.

ShoelessJoeS
07-05-2005, 11:46 PM
what a game, big frank is the man! :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

PAPChiSox729
07-05-2005, 11:50 PM

Frank rules

Now that is cool.
:thumbsup:

I wish I had a photoshop....

SOXfnNlansing
07-05-2005, 11:54 PM
Don't look now but Molina just homered to put LA up 2-1. If that holds, we have the super-mega- perfecta going: Sox Win, Tribe loses, Minny losing, Cubs losing (and dipping under .500 again) and all Cub rivals winning.

Not a bad night even if LA does not hold.
:bandance: There is a part of me that wants the twinkies to keep winning also so the 'experts' are forced to say that the AL central is the dominant division in MLB.........coming soon, payback to the A's:bandance:

Foulke You
07-05-2005, 11:56 PM
30 games over .500!! WOW...I am speechless. This team is absolutely amazing. It has truly been a dream season.

PeteWard
07-05-2005, 11:56 PM
There is a part of me that wants the twinkies to keep winning also so the 'experts' are forced to say that the AL central is the dominant division in MLB.........coming soon, payback to the A's:bandance:

Not me. Don't even want those guys within 15 games. Just a nasty fighting scrappy team that does very very well in August/Sept. esp in that monstrosity they call home.

SOXfnNlansing
07-06-2005, 12:02 AM
Not me. Don't even want those guys within 15 games. Just a nasty fighting scrappy team that does very very well in August/Sept. esp in that monstrosity they call home. I meant winning against PG's pick to click in AL "Angels" and AL East teams....... kc,det,cle, and the rest can beat them good

slobes
07-06-2005, 12:06 AM
I just got home from the game. Big Frank is amazing-- 10 HRs out of 17 hits. You knew it was gone the second it left his bat. Does anyone know how far his home run went?

Brian26
07-06-2005, 12:09 AM
His last 2 home runs( tonights and the one in Oakland) have looked more like the mamoth shots he used to hit in '93 and '94.

As I was sitting there tonight watching that bomb by Frank, it reminded me of the one he hit off Jeff Montgomery down the stretch in 1993. Then I started thinking about how long ago that was...12 years, 13 seasons. Think of ALL the players that have come and gone since then on all the major league teams..... Guys who became dominant over many years, and guys who were dominant for only a couple of years. And yet, through it all, Frank is still playing, and DOMINATING. He looks just as unstoppable right now as he did when he went on that first huge tear in 1991. Not only is this guy a first ballot hall-of-famer without a shadow of a doubt, but he's the greatest White Sox player in franchise history.

Brian26
07-06-2005, 12:10 AM
(singing)

Nobody does it better
Makes me feel sad for the rest
Nobody does it half as good as you
Big Frank, you're the best

Sort of ironic for me....my wife made me sit down and watch "Little Black Book" this weekend. Brittney Murphy sings this Carly Simon song about 6 times in the movie.

soxfan123
07-06-2005, 12:11 AM
According whitesox.com, Pods is "Neck-and-Neck" with Jeter. I don't believe it, but that's a nice thought. Anywho....

:worship: :worship: :hurt :worship: :yup:

Frank is the man...

Rocklive99
07-06-2005, 12:13 AM
Hurts so good

Brian26
07-06-2005, 12:13 AM
YES! I was in the car with my windows rolled down when John Rooney goes: "THOMAS UNLOADS!. . . " Everyone on the road must have heard me!

There is nothing in the world better than having your headphones on at the game and listening to John and Ed call a homer or a Sox win while actually feeling the electricity of the crowd and seeing it happen live in person. As soon as that ball was hit, there was no doubt in the world it wasn't leaving the park. Unbelievable atmosphere tonight.

MisterB
07-06-2005, 12:16 AM
I can't figure out what in the **** those asterisks represent! can someone PM me?

Here's a hint:

:bong:

:smokin:

ChiSoxGirl
07-06-2005, 12:39 AM
What an awesome game! My friend that I went with tonight told me, in the bottom of the 8th when Frank was at the plate, that he was going to hit one... so glad Sandie was right! I think we need to put Sandie on the payroll, as she's 27-3 in the history of New Comiskey Park/USCF!

Frank is THE MAN! I hope that whoever said, before he came off the DL, that he'd be a disruption to the team and its chemistry is sitting back and eating major crow now because he has been anything but. That man has found a way to help this team win ballgames more times than I can count already this season, and we're only nearing the halfway point! When he hit that shot off Lance Carter, that place was absolutely up for grabs- you couldn't even hear the fireworks exploding! My friend left the ballpark without her voice- that's how thrilled she was; I left with a sore throat from screaming! :D: Here's to Frank and a sweep of the Devil Rays tomorrow! :cheers:

One sidenote. MAJOR props to Buehrle! He's such a class act and a wonderful teammate! Just before the National Anthem was sung, he took the on-field mic. and asked for everyone's attention. He went into full campaign manager mode and asked everyone to vote for Pods, as he's deserving of the 32nd spot on the All-Star team. He was like, "Go home and vote! Tell your family, tell your friends, tell your neighbors- Vote for Podsednik!" I also got a "Vote for Scott" button from one of the security guys at Gate 3. I commented, when he checked my bag, that his pin was cool and he asked me if I wanted it, so I was like, "absolutely!" I put it on as soon as he gave it to me and will also be sporting it tomorrow!

mealfred13
07-06-2005, 12:40 AM
I was just getting into my car at 31st and State after class, when I heard the fireworks going off. I flipped on the radio, and sure enough, 3-Run bomb by Big Frank. It's unbelieveable how good Frank is hitting lately...

skobabe8
07-06-2005, 12:43 AM

I wish I would have heard that over DJ's call!

batmanZoSo
07-06-2005, 12:43 AM

Yeah, what gives with that b**ghit stuff?

I haven't been this confused since the end of No Way Out.

"How does Kevin Costner keep getting work?!"

ND_Sox_Fan
07-06-2005, 12:47 AM
The first two verses of the most hilarious song ever describes tonight so well....

And the crowd goes wild....
Where you at baby?

Who dat be? It's the 3-5.
The White Sox got'em open up wide.
B-I-G-H-U-R-T (huh), In Chi Town
That's the man that you gotta see!!!!

Yes, that is from the 3-5 The White Sox Got'em Open Up Wide CD that Frank released in 1997.

He is unreal. Here's to you 3-5 :gulp:.

DumpJerry
07-06-2005, 12:48 AM
The BBTN guys were drooling like frat boys at the sight of the cheerleader captain drinking tequila in a halter top when showing Frank's drive. They could not get over how powerful it was, how it made them look like fools with all their personal dark clouds predictions about The Number One Team In Major League Baseball.

We've got such a wonderful thing going on the South Side this summer....and this is only the start!!!:bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana:

skobabe8
07-06-2005, 12:51 AM
What an awesome game! My friend that I went with tonight told me, in the bottom of the 8th when Frank was at the plate, that he was going to hit one... so glad Sandie was right! I think we need to put Sandie on the payroll, as she's 27-3 in the history of New Comiskey Park/USCF!

Frank is THE MAN! I hope that whoever said, before he came off the DL, that he'd be a disruption to the team and its chemistry is sitting back and eating major crow now because he has been anything but. That man has found a way to help this team win ballgames more times than I can count already this season, and we're only nearing the halfway point! When he hit that shot off Lance Carter, that place was absolutely up for grabs- you couldn't even hear the fireworks exploding! My friend left the ballpark without her voice- that's how thrilled she was; I left with a sore throat from screaming! :D: Here's to Frank and a sweep of the Devil Rays tomorrow! :cheers:

One sidenote. MAJOR props to Buehrle! He's such a class act and a wonderful teammate! Just before the National Anthem was sung, he took the on-field mic. and asked for everyone's attention. He went into full campaign manager mode and asked everyone to vote for Pods, as he's deserving of the 32nd spot on the All-Star team. He was like, "Go home and vote! Tell your family, tell your friends, tell your neighbors- Vote for Podsednik!" I also got a "Vote for Scott" button from one of the security guys at Gate 3. I commented, when he checked my bag, that his pin was cool and he asked me if I wanted it, so I was like, "absolutely!" I put it on as soon as he gave it to me and will also be sporting it tomorrow!

MB did that Monday night, too, right before the fireworks. It was so cool and just so human to do something like that. After he was done he walked back to the dugout and pumped his fist to some of the guys in there.

Is this team easy to love or what????

spiffie
07-06-2005, 12:56 AM
The Twinkies just lost. So...

:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :bandance:

Frank Thomas owns us all.

whitesoxfan
:twinslose

9 1/2 :D:

Unregistered
:winner

and...

:twinslose:

9.5 games up! :cool:

mdep524
07-06-2005, 12:59 AM
Finally just got back from the game. Even when the Sox were down going into the 7th and 8th you could tell nobody in the stands felt it was over. This team is has the magic. I can't wait til October! :cheers:

And Frank's HR was the definition of a no-doubter! :bandance:

TaylorStSox
07-06-2005, 01:01 AM
Everybody who stepped on the field tonight contributed to the win. I love this team. :gulp:

gosox3072
07-06-2005, 01:01 AM
I just got back from the game and i am speechless. Of the 7 games ive been to this year, that was BY FAR the best one. The 21K people there were LOUD....that place was electric. When Thomas hit that homer i couldnt think of anything more exciting than that. If only it happened in the playoffs!

mdep524
07-06-2005, 01:09 AM
Also, who would have thought Dye would have tied Konerko for the team lead with 19 HRs on July 5? The guy is on fire.

FarWestChicago
07-06-2005, 01:10 AM
Also, who would have thought Dye would have tied Konerko for the team lead with 19 HRs on July 5? The guy is on fire.Hangar? :roflmao:

mike squires
07-06-2005, 01:10 AM
I kind of turned this kid I work with (residential treatment facility) into a Sox fan over the past few years. I was doing his tuck in tonight (game of Uno) I said, oh yeah...the Sox are on the radio and he turned it to 1000. I told him this story how I used to crank up the radio real loud on a homer call while upstairs so my Dad could hear it downstairs. So we find out they're losing. About 1/2 hour later he comes into the office door where I'm doing my paper work and he told me Frank Thomas hit a 3 run homerun. We kind of had to play "staff" and tell him to get the hell back in bed but it was still a special moment for us. It was nice.

chisoxfanatic
07-06-2005, 01:11 AM
That was an exciting finish...Almost up there with Timo's against California and Rowand's against the Dodgers...Frank Thomas is the man indeed!!!

johnnyg83
07-06-2005, 01:29 AM
AJ's homer against the Dodgers -- 3 runs with 2 outs and 2 strikes is my game of the year so far.

TheOldRoman
07-06-2005, 01:50 AM
What are you talking about? The Yankees fans get to watch Derek Jeter everday!

Hoffdaddydmb
07-06-2005, 04:19 AM
My autographed frank thomas rookie card means even more every game he plays. I can't wait till he's in the hall of fame.

Hoffdaddydmb
07-06-2005, 04:19 AM
... and no it will never be for sale. This thing is gonna be a family heirloom as far as I'm concerned.

SSN721
07-06-2005, 06:49 AM
Not much to say on this one, great shot by Frank in the 8th. This ones on you Big Fella. :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :gulp: Lets get that sweep.

Wsoxmike59
07-06-2005, 07:21 AM
When the Big Hurt came up last night in the 8th all I was asking for was a deep fly ball.....the instant it was hit....or should I say CRUSHED, I turned to Mrs. Wsox and said, "That'll work too!" :D:

WTG Big Frank, that was clutch.....and speaking of clutch....

http://users.sdccu.net/hoggy/images/whimachs.jpg
What's a White Sox Post Game Victory Thread without an appearance by THE BIG WHITE MACHINE!!!!!!!

Sxy Mofo
07-06-2005, 10:11 AM
Anyone know what's up with the highlights on whitesox.com? I refuse to watch sportscenter or bbtn for fear of becoming dumber... so i usually watch the highlights on my computer at work the next day. Today there is no highlights, and that is after frank hits a huge homer to win it. what the hell is going on? This is the worst possible day for them to stop putting highlights on the website. I hope this isn't a permanent thing.

infohawk
07-06-2005, 10:15 AM
17 hits.
10 home runs.

Ridiculous.

He has really changed his mindset from hitting for average with power to being a pure power hitter. He's looking to drive the ball out of the park and it is working. Earlier in his career he wouldn't have sacrificed his average to boost his power numbers. I think he is being influenced by an understanding of his role on the team as well as making that last push for the HOF. He knows that 500 homers would pretty much make him a lock. Personally, I think he is already deserving of the Hall.

Sxy Mofo
07-06-2005, 10:23 AM
He has really changed his mindset from hitting for average with power to being a pure power hitter. He's looking to drive the ball out of the park and it is working. Earlier in his career he wouldn't have sacrificed his average to boost his power numbers. I think he is being influenced by an understanding of his role on the team as well as making that last push for the HOF. He knows that 500 homers would pretty much make him a lock. Personally, I think he is already deserving of the Hall.

He is completely deserving of the hall. No question.

I guess he could always be lying, but i read this morning he said he'd like to have a few more hits to go with the homers, and he's not trying to hit homers, just trying to hit the ball on the screws. And they're flying out.

Baby Fisk
07-06-2005, 10:42 AM
Frank's HR = WOW! There was no doubt about that one. I thought for sure the neighbours were going to call the police for all the yelling and maniacal laughter. :wired:

Some of the Canadian TV sportscasters were zeroing in on the "10HRs out of 17 Hits" stat. It's pretty damn awe-inspiring! I luv the Big Hurt!

Massive props also go out to Cotts, Politte and Hermanson for being LIGHTS OUT.

5,000th post! :bandance: :gulp:

Deadguy
07-06-2005, 01:19 PM

True. Part of the change also had to do with the fact that he can't run the bases right now. He's a lot more aggressive now than he probably ever has been before, because he knows it's a lot less painful to trot around the bases, than take a walk or hit a bloop single to right field, and try to score from 1B on two singles.

Frank knows what he has to do to help this team win, and he has been successful at it.

voodoochile
07-06-2005, 01:34 PM
GO FRANK!

WOW!

Just got back from a wedding in Oregon and man it is great to see a box score like that!

30 games over in early July...

HELLO MLB are you watching?

:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :bandance:(bank still open)

Deadguy
07-06-2005, 01:53 PM
Frank now has more homeruns than such notable players as:

Brian Giles
Sammy Sosa
Larry Walker
Mike Piazza
Mike Sweeney
Adrian Beltre
Carlos Beltran
Jason Giambi
Jim Thome
Chipper Jones
Todd Helton
Lance Berkman

Some of these guys have literally had 100s of more PAs than Thomas has had this year. Not bad for a crippled, has been that no one wants.

Taliesinrk
07-06-2005, 02:02 PM
Anyone know what's up with the highlights on whitesox.com? I refuse to watch sportscenter or bbtn for fear of becoming dumber... so i usually watch the highlights on my computer at work the next day. Today there is no highlights, and that is after frank hits a huge homer to win it. what the hell is going on? This is the worst possible day for them to stop putting highlights on the website. I hope this isn't a permanent thing.

Yeah.. I'm out of regional coverage (even though the game was on WCIU last night) and listen to the radio broadcasts online..does anyone know how I can get video of Thomas' homerun? or know why it's not on whitesox.com today??

Frater Perdurabo
07-06-2005, 02:08 PM
:tomatoaward:

my5thbench
07-06-2005, 02:26 PM
where is #35 finding all of that home run power?

& they told us he was done