PDA

View Full Version : Less educated (in a baseball sense) Sox fans...

SoxFan76
07-05-2005, 08:54 PM
As much as we rip on Cub fans and their superior intellect, I've run across some pretty stupid Sox fans in my time, lol.

Today at work, 2 of my co-workers were discussing baseball so I decided to join in. They were pretty fed up with McCarthy, and I agreed. He needs some learning time, but this isn't the year for him to learn. Ok, fair enough.

Then they got to talking about Vizcaino and how he needs to go. Uh, he's the 2nd to last man in the pen when Marte is in there....I guess you could argue he's last to Shingo, I don't know. Whatever...

Apparently we got Vizcaino from the Cubs. They said once a Cub always a Cub regarding his problems this year. I didn't say anything, I was so embarassed, lol.

Then they rip on Contreras. Whatever, he's pretty painful to watch, but he's one of the better 4th starters in the league.

Their solution: trade Vizcaino and Contreras. haha, I was speechless. I just walked away.

Anyone else got any more similar stories?

Rocklive99
07-05-2005, 11:23 PM
I've come to the conclusion that every fanbase is guaranteed to have a number of real smart fans and real dumb fans, most of which are the bandwagoners/casual fans. Some seem to have more than others in both categories, but every team is guaranteed to have them.

I always talk with people about baseball in general, and seriously dumb down my conversation to not have them feel embarrassed when they don't know what they're talking about. I don't hold it against them, but sometimes it's hard to find someone from WSI around

FarWestChicago
07-05-2005, 11:39 PM
As much as we rip on Cub fans and their superior intellect, I've run across some pretty stupid Sox fans in my time, lol.Just spend a little time here on any given day. I highly recommend the game threads if looking for complete morons. :redneck

jabrch
07-05-2005, 11:59 PM
Just spend a little time here on any given day. I highly recommend the game threads if looking for complete morons. :redneck

Or mention the greatest 1B in the history of baseball - Scott Hatteberg - and the FOBB come a running!

Go Go Everetts
07-06-2005, 12:18 AM
I recall a person at US Cellular Feild this season asking one of there friends if Man Soo Lee, the bullpen catcher, was Carlos Lee.

Rocklive99
07-06-2005, 12:21 AM
I recall a person at US Cellular Feild this season asking one of there friends if Man Soo Lee, the bullpen catcher, was Carlos Lee.

http://www.leemansoo.co.kr/bbs/data/lee02/1114727312/100_0002.JPG

knocko94
07-06-2005, 12:26 AM
Oh man, that picture is so ridiculous. It's making the desktop.

Mr. White Sox
07-06-2005, 12:28 AM
Oh man, that picture is so ridiculous. It's making the desktop.

yes. yes it is.