PDA

View Full Version : Miguel Tejada must like Hawk

Kevin
07-05-2005, 01:04 PM
Did anyone just see the start of the Orioles-Yanks game? They showed Miggy Tejada hitting a home run in batting practice while "miked up" and yelling "You can put it on the booooard, yes! 1-0 Good guys". Interesting note.

WhiteSoxFan84
07-05-2005, 01:11 PM
I just put on ESPN as the Yankees/Orioles daygame is about to start. I guess they have a feature during every game called the "Inside Pitch" in which they get tips from a player during the game. But today they went a different route with Miguel Tejada, they are going to use him to show how fun it is to be playing the game. They showed a clip of Miggy during today's batting practice and after he hit a home run he screamed, "You can put it on the booaardd, yess! 1-0 good guys!" It was great, he did it perfectly and had me laughing outloud.

Yesterday I was driving home and I put on ESPN AM 1000 and they had the Yankees/Orioles game on as well (surprise, surprise). The announcers were "Soup" Campbell and Dan Schulman. While they were talking about all the walks during the game and how the game was 4 hours long and the 9th inning had just started, Schulman said jokingly, "4 hours and 10 minutes, that's like a Mark Buehrle doubleheader".

Are the White Sox that popular now all over the rest of the MLB? I like this kind of attention, the funny comparisons attention. Heck, even Steve Phillips called himself a "believer" a few days ago.

White Sox Josh
07-05-2005, 01:18 PM
Yesterday I was driving home and I put on ESPN AM 1000 and they had the Yankees/Orioles game on as well (surprise, surprise). The announcers were "Soup" Campbell and I want to say Gary Miller but I'm not perfectly sure who it was. While they were talking about all the walks during the game and how the game was 4 hours long and the 9th inning had just started, Miller said jokingly, "4 hours and 10 minutes, that's like a Mark Buehrle doubleheader". Heard that to. It was Dan Schulman.

Soxzilla
07-05-2005, 01:19 PM
I'm sure most light-hearted players loved Hawk's enthusiasm. Not too mention he is probably a great person to sit and chat with.

WhiteSoxFan84
07-05-2005, 01:24 PM
Heard that to. It was Dan Schulman.

Thanks, fixed it up.

Brian26
07-05-2005, 01:31 PM
I'm sure most light-hearted players loved Hawk's enthusiasm. Not too mention he is probably a great person to sit and chat with.

I would love to sit down and listen to Hawk tell old war stories until about 3 in the morning. Great stuff.

skottyj242
07-05-2005, 01:42 PM
Did that just happen? I'm watching the game at work but with the captions on and I could have sworn I read it but just thought I was nuts.

ChiSoxRowand
07-05-2005, 01:52 PM
I am watching the O's-Yanks right now and they had a mic on Tejada during batting practice. After he hit a home run he said "you can put it on the board, yes, 1-0 good guys". Pretty cool.

Rocklive99
07-05-2005, 02:04 PM
Did that just happen? I'm watching the game at work but with the captions on and I could have sworn I read it but just thought I was nuts.

Yeah they replayed it about 20 minutes ago

ChiSoxRowand
07-05-2005, 02:05 PM
Yea, I thought it was pretty cool. I actually just made a thread about it in Talking Baseball. Mods, feel free to delete my thread.

Stroker Ace
07-05-2005, 02:51 PM
:hawk I love Tejada.

gobears1987
07-05-2005, 10:52 PM
someone e-mailed Hawk about it tonight

ChiSoxRowand
07-05-2005, 10:59 PM
someone e-mailed Hawk about it tonight

What did he say?

my5thbench
07-06-2005, 01:55 PM