PDA

View Full Version : Borchard

Slow Mike
07-05-2005, 12:20 PM
I havent heard anything about Borchard in a while. Where does he fit in the future? Career minor leaguer? With Rowand, Posednik, and Dye solid for this year and next, and Anderson and Sweeney waiting in the wings, there doesn't seem to be room. Will he ever turn the corner and get his BA up?

RKMeibalane
07-05-2005, 12:27 PM
I havent heard anything about Borchard in a while. Where does he fit in the future? Career minor leaguer? With Rowand, Posednik, and Dye solid for this year and next, and Anderson and Sweeney waiting in the wings, there doesn't seem to be room. Will he ever turn the corner and get his BA up?

He has been playing much better, recently, but I don't see having a future with this team. The Sox have enough outfielders, and Borchard has never shown that he can handle MLB pitching.

Chez
07-05-2005, 12:28 PM
I predict over the All Star break, Borchard will be packaged to obtain another lefty reliever (Scott Eyre?).

White Sox Josh
07-05-2005, 12:30 PM
I havent heard anything about Borchard in a while. Where does he fit in the future? Career minor leaguer? With Rowand, Posednik, and Dye solid for this year and next, and Anderson and Sweeney waiting in the wings, there doesn't seem to be room. Will he ever turn the corner and get his BA up?with another team. He will be in the Big Leagues because of his power potential. I would expect that he will put up these sort of numbers if he reaches his full potential:
.240-.270
30-35 HR
90-110 RBI
140-180 K's

RKMeibalane
07-05-2005, 12:31 PM
with another team. He will be in the Big Leagues because of his power potential. I would expect that he will put up these sort of numbers:
.240-.270
30-35 HR
90-110 RBI

No more drugs for Jabroni. :cool:

White Sox Josh
07-05-2005, 12:33 PM
No more drugs for Jabroni. :cool:i forgot to mention if he reaches his full potential. He will always hit for power. If he gets to the Big Leagues this would be the highest numbers you would see him produce. He did have 9 HR last year.

Brian26
07-05-2005, 12:33 PM
He has been playing much better, recently, but I don't see having a future with this team. The Sox have enough outfielders, and Borchard has never shown that he can handle MLB pitching.

I think Joe's chance was during the 2nd half of last year. That was his golden opportunity to come in and make his presence felt. He had nobody breathing over his shoulder. The rightfield job was his for the taking. This was before Dye was signed, and we all knew Mags was as good as gone. Unfortunately he didn't get the job done, and he'll most likely be dealt before the end of the season. I just don't see Ozzie and KW giving him another chance when we've got Everett, Timo, and Gload in front of him (not to mention Sweeney and Anderson).

wdelaney72
07-05-2005, 12:34 PM
Borchard's numbers will look more like Crede, except with more strikeouts.

RKMeibalane
07-05-2005, 12:34 PM
i forgot to mention if he reaches his full potential. He will always hit for power. If he gets to the Big Leagues this would be the highest numbers you would see him produce. He did have 9 HR last year.

The problem is that he will never hit for a high enough average to convince his manager to keep him in the lineup. His nine homers from 2004 were primarilly the result of Frank and That Other Guy not being availible. If those two had been healthy, he would not have been able to crack the starting lineup.

White Sox Josh
07-05-2005, 12:37 PM
The problem is that he will never hit for a high enough average to convince his manager to keep him in the lineup. His nine homers from 2004 were primarilly the result of Frank and That Other Guy not being availible. If those two had been healthy, he would not have been able to crack the starting lineup.I know but what I'm is saying that he can hit for power and you just can't deny that. I still think he can be a descent player. I hope he does because he is the kind of guy that you root for.

lostletters
07-05-2005, 12:37 PM
I think Joe's chance was during the 2nd half of last year. That was his golden opportunity to come in and make his presence felt. He had nobody breathing over his shoulder. The rightfield job was his for the taking. This was before Dye was signed, and we all knew Mags was as good as gone. Unfortunately he didn't get the job done, and he'll most likely be dealt before the end of the season. I just don't see Ozzie and KW giving him another chance when we've got Everett, Timo, and Gload in front of him (not to mention Sweeney and Anderson).

Exactly. Borchard will be traded. He is not going to be playing as a white sox player at the cell. Sweeney and Anderson are in front of him. In fact Anderson is the outfielder most likely to come up first. Borchards chance was last year. He blew it. Him doing well is good for the white sox because it makes him a tradable prospect...and I say the sooner the sox trade him the better and he should be part of any deal.

mccoydp
07-05-2005, 01:31 PM
Borchard's numbers will look more like Crede, except with more strikeouts.

And a few more HRs, but you're right-on.

White Sox Josh
07-05-2005, 02:10 PM
Actually probably more like Adam Dunn's with 10-15 less Home Runs, just as many strikeouts, less walks, and about the same Average. That would be what a Major League team will be looking for. If he does play a full year in the big leagues i wouldn't be surprised to see him put up 30-35 HR with a very mediocre average.

TaylorStSox
07-05-2005, 02:23 PM
Why would anybody trade for LTP when they can just sign him next year?

He gone
07-05-2005, 04:44 PM
Joe's got power, but the average and the K's are killing any chances with the Sox. I'd hate to see a 1st rounder traded for nothing, but unless he's part of a package, I don't see the Sox getting much for him.

He will always be remembered for the longest HR at the Cell, and he is the all time career Strike-out leader in Knights history :cool:

gosox41
07-07-2005, 08:39 PM
Actually probably more like Adam Dunn's with 10-15 less Home Runs, just as many strikeouts, less walks, and about the same Average. That would be what a Major League team will be looking for. If he does play a full year in the big leagues i wouldn't be surprised to see him put up 30-35 HR with a very mediocre average.

So Borchard is Dave Kingman?

Bob

BigEdWalsh
07-08-2005, 09:41 AM
So Borchard is Dave Kingman?

Bob

I think he's Dave Nicholson.

Ol' No. 2
07-12-2005, 05:11 PM
Why would anybody trade for LTP when they can just sign him next year?They can't. He's out of options after this year, but that doesn't make him a FA.

davenicholson
07-15-2005, 10:57 AM
I think he's Dave Nicholson.
Hey now!

TomBradley72
07-22-2005, 10:25 AM
Hey now!

Karl Pagel