PDA

View Full Version : McCarthy down, Jenks up

JermaineDye05
07-05-2005, 12:14 AM
after tonights win, Brandon was sent down, and Bobby Jenks was called up, I'm not sure what this could mean, cause Jenks really isnt a starter

CHISOXFAN13
07-05-2005, 12:22 AM
after tonights win, Brandon was sent down, and Bobby Jenks was called up, I'm not sure what this could mean, cause Jenks really isnt a starter

The off day Thursday will allow for Garcia to pitch Sunday on his normal rest. Jenks provides immediate bullpen depth before Hernandez comes off the DL after the break.

elrod
07-05-2005, 12:39 AM
So does Jenks stay up and Walker go down after El Duque comes off the DL? Or is that dependent upon Marte only?

DumpJerry
07-05-2005, 12:45 AM
Keep the seat warm for BMac, he has a future with us, just not this year. Going from AA ball to the Numero Uno Big Show team in one year at age 21 is a bit much to chew on. He'll be great one. Trust me.

The Tom
07-05-2005, 12:47 AM
If McCarthy was sent down for Jenks, where was he sent. Back down to AA. It probably wouldn't be a bad place for him to get his stuff together considering that about this time last year BMac was pitching at LOW A. He got beat up, but I think he showed enough potential to reaffirm that he will be a very solid pitcher in a year or two. It's a lot to expect of a 23-year-old to jump all the way from low A to the bigs in less than a year. Although I wonder if moving back down to AA will shake his confidence or check his ego.

DumpJerry
07-05-2005, 01:11 AM
Same thread is in the Sox Clubhouse.