PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Winning Ugly Post-Game Thread

NSSoxFan
07-04-2005, 11:26 PM
Overall sloppy game.

Jermaine had a great day.

Rant 'n rave here... :gulp:

Oh yea, Happy Fourth! Don't forget to vote for Scott.

FielderJones
Whew! Did it really have to be that tough?

I'm looking forward to Hernandez getting back into the rotation, because BMac is not ready for the bigs yet.

Kudos to Viz for snuffing that disaster.

All in all, it's always nice when ...

:winner (misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=5#)

And how about Farmio calling out ESPN with 2 outs in the 9th?

BeviBall!
Great resilience by the offense... picks up McCarthy again.

Stroker Ace
07-04-2005, 11:27 PM
SOX WIN!!! YESSSSS!!!!!

Bisco Stu
07-04-2005, 11:28 PM
It's obvious we're gonna have to make due with a 3-man rotation unless El Duque heals or KW pulls off a trade.

Still, 55-26 at the halfway mark, not even Ozzie expected that.

sthbndsox

I was watching on TV and didn't hear what he said... what was it?

PAPChiSox729

I was watching the game. WHat did Farmio say?

CanBuehrleWait
Viz, SHingo, Offense sans Crede adn Rowand and Hermie..... GET KEVIN WALKER OUTTA HERE:angry: go Sox!!!:gulp:

rwcescato
Great resilience by the offense... picks up McCarthy again.

What a long night for those fans. Its a White Sox winner!!!:supernana:

RadioheadRocks
Goodness gracious, but like Wimpy used to say, "We take that one!"

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

Stroker Ace
Great job by Dye tonight! Hermanson locks it down as usual.

whitesoxfan
07-04-2005, 11:29 PM
:winner

BMac wasn't good at all, but the offense sure was on it tonight! I wonder who is going to be the PTC tonight. Jermaine was awesome and Uribe had a looong homer as well as the webgem to end the game. Glad to be away from that hellhole in Oakland and doing what we do best; thats winning ballgames :)

BeviBall!
07-04-2005, 11:29 PM
It's obvious we're gonna have to make due with a 3-man rotation unless El Duque heals or KW pulls off a trade.

Still, 55-26 at the halfway mark, not even Ozzie expected that.

KW will do something. Maybe not Schmidt, but something. The schedule gets a lot tougher in the second half and if we were playing Boston tonight, we lose. This will not turn into 1996/2000 again.

FielderJones
07-04-2005, 11:30 PM
I was watching on TV and didn't hear what he said... what was it?

He was talking about the tough AL East. The reason it's tough is because Bristol CT is between Boston and New York. :tongue:

SpammySosa
07-04-2005, 11:30 PM
I think this should be the "I wonder if Hangar still wants to get rid of Dye postgame thread." :rolleyes:

Oh and Wooooooooooohoo a White Sox Winner!!:supernana: :supernana: :supernana::supernana:

PeteWard
07-04-2005, 11:31 PM
KW will do something. Maybe not Schmidt, but something. The schedule gets a lot tougher in the second half and if we were playing Boston tonight, we lose. This will not turn into 1996/2000 again.

I don't know about that? Did you see what happeend to Foulke AGAIN?

Agreed that we should pick up another SP.

bluestar
07-04-2005, 11:32 PM
GET KEVIN WALKER OUTTA HERE:angry: go Sox!!!:gulp:

I heartily second this sentiment. I've yet to see an explanation why Walker was even brought back up. Surely we have something better in the minors.

FarWestChicago
07-04-2005, 11:32 PM
I think this should be the "I wonder if Hangar still wants to get rid of Dye postgame thread." :rolleyes: Of course he does. His tin foil hat prevents him from seeing what Dye does.

FloridaSox
07-04-2005, 11:33 PM
.... GET KEVIN WALKER OUTTA HERE:angry:

More articulate words were never spoken...is our minor league system so barren that we cannot come with something with Kevin 10.80 ERA Walker.

ChiSoxGirl
07-04-2005, 11:34 PM
I was watching the game. WHat did Farmio say?

Farmer was talking about how ESPN has constantly said "the White Sox haven't played anybody yet" and that the Red Sox and Yankees are "smack dab in the middle of Bristol," and that Boston would be in 3rd if they resided in the Central! He also included comments about how the people from ESPN ought to come out and see the Sox and the Twins play baseball because there's some great baseball being played in the A.L. Central too, as it's not just limited to the A.L. East. Pretty bold, and not the first time he's called out the ESPN geniuses during a broadcast this season; probably won't be the last, either.

BeviBall!
I don't know about that? Did you see what happeend to Foulke AGAIN?

Agreed that we should pick up another SP.

Boy has he been awful, huh? Amazing.

Walker needs to be erased from our collective memory banks ASAP. The guy has nothing... no velocity, no accuracy, no confidence.

PeteWard
Very glad the O came through tonight.

It would be very ugly to lose ground when we are playing TB and Minn is at LA. Also, Cleveland is smoking again.

fuzzy_patters
07-04-2005, 11:35 PM
I heartily second this sentiment. I've yet to see an explanation why Walker was even brought back up. Surely we have something better in the minors.

The only thing I can figure out is that they must be letting Walker prove that he absolutely can't hack it before calling someone else up because they don't want to waste a good player's options. Walker definitely sucks (ERA over 5 in AAA) so nothing else makes sense.

mdep524
Don't look now, but Jermaine Dye is hitting .271! :bandance:

ND_Sox_Fan
Jermaine Dye for $4 million - I'll take it every day and twice on Sundays.

Frank - .800 OBP for the night.

infohawk
Overall sloppy game.

Jermaine had a great day.

Rant 'n rave here... :gulp:

Oh yea, Happy Fourth! Don't forget to vote for Scott.

This one only seemed sloppy because Brandon gave up five runs over 3-plus innings. So much of a game's tempo depends on the effectiveness of the starter. The offense and defense looked good. I have yet to see any reason why Walker should be a major league reliever. The best way to avoid having to use him is for the starters to go at least six or seven innings. Fortunately he will be gone when Marte comes back. The really great thing is that even when McCarthy has struggled, the Sox have been able to win some of the games. This didn't happen last year during our "5th starter" nightmare.

Irishsox1
Other than the homerun to Crawford by Shingo, the other 7 runs were let up by McCarthy & Walker. Other than those 2 guys, it was a good game.

gobears1987
More articulate words were never spoken...is our minor league system so barren that we cannot come with something with Kevin 10.80 ERA Walker.
We have Bajenaru and his sub 1 ERA. Why isn't he up here?

owensmouth
07-04-2005, 11:36 PM
The minor league system continues to not produce under the KW regime.

flo-B-flo
Thank you Jermaine Dye.
McCarthy ain't ready.
Vizcaino comes through.
Walker?
I sill write: lose the black jerseys. Grey on the road and pins at home without the names. You should know who your players are.

bluestar
Farmer was talking about how ESPN has constantly said "the White Sox haven't played anybody yet" and that the Red Sox and Yankees are "smack dab in the middle of Bristol," and that Boston would be in 3rd if they resided in the Central! He also included comments about how the people from ESPN ought to come out and see the Sox and the Twins play baseball because there's some great baseball being played in the A.L. Central too, as it's not just limited to the A.L. East. Pretty bold, and not the first time he's called out the ESPN geniuses during a broadcast this season; probably won't be the last, either.

Farmer also complained before the game about the ESPN blowhards moaning and groaning because Derek Jeter wasn't included on the All-Star team.

FarWestChicago
07-04-2005, 11:37 PM
The minor league system continues to not produce under the KW regime.And the Dark Clouds roll in. :rolleyes:

NSSoxFan
07-04-2005, 11:38 PM
And the Dark Clouds roll in. :rolleyes:

I'm starting to wonder what is more common...

Fireworks on the Fourth or dark clouds at WSI.

PeteWard
Play of the Game:

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/ILBK10507050222.jpeg

Chicago White Sox's Jermaine Dye follows thru on his grand slam scoring Tadahito Iguchi, Frank Thomas and Paul Konerko during the first inning, Monday, July 4, 2005 in Chicago. (AP Photo/Brian Kersey)

gobears1987
We have a great reliever in Bajenaru, they just aren't calling him up for some reason which is beyond me.

owensmouth
Farmer also complained before the game about the ESPN blowhards moaning and groaning because Derek Jeter wasn't included on the All-Star team.
That's because their designated face of baseball is about to take a three day break.

Banix12
07-04-2005, 11:39 PM
I'm listening to Ozzie's post game conference now. I think he said Bobby Jenks is going to be recalled tomorrow and McCarthy goes down.

CanBuehrleWait
07-04-2005, 11:40 PM

I thought we picked up Walker from some California team... never drafted him... whatever we did send him back.... somebody start the call up Bajenaru thread. :redneck Sill nice whitesox winner though. Oh Ozzie just said McCarthy back down in the postgame. HE GONE

PeteWard
We have a great reliever in Bajenaru, they just aren't calling him up for some reason which is beyond me.

There is an upside here folks: Takatsu and Vizcaino are looking pretty effective.

owensmouth
Bobby Jenks is coming up. McCarthy is enr AAA

mdep524
07-04-2005, 11:41 PM
Ozzie just hinted in the postgame press conference that McCarthy might be demoted to AAA.

EDIT: Yup, he gone. Jenks up.

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-04-2005, 11:41 PM
I'm listening to Ozzie's post game conference now. I think he said Bobby Jenks is going to be recalled tomorrow and McCarthy goes down.
Yep. Guys on the postgame show just confirmed it. Hopefully Jenks turns out to be another great pick up for KW.

TDog
07-04-2005, 11:42 PM
Bobby Jenks is coming up. McCarthy is enr AAA

What's the story on Jenks?

Banix12
How's Arnie Munoz doing down in the minors? I know Walker is only up here because he is a lefty. Arnie is the only lefty I can think of in the high minors.

ATXBMX

In fact, we do.
Worthy of consideration:

Bajenaru------(3-1)----1.16----12SV-----AAA---R/R
Jenks---------(1-2)----2.93----18SV-----AA----R/R
Munoz--------(3-9)----3.72----1SV------AAA---L/L
Sanders------(2-2)----3.15----1SV-------AAA--L/L
Fields--------(4-3)----3.14-----0SV------AAA--R/R
Reynoso------(3-2)---2.97-----4SV------AA----L/L
Meaux--------(3-1)---2.29----1SV-------AA----L/L
Pollok---------(2-3)---3.34-----3SV------AA---R/R
Haeger--------(2-0)---3.75-----0SV------AA---R/R

Edit: These stats are current heading into 7/4/05

TaylorStSox
07-04-2005, 11:43 PM

Unreal stuff. Has had head problems in the past.

Banix12
07-04-2005, 11:45 PM
In fact, we do.
Worthy of consideration:

Bajenaru------(3-1)----1.16----12SV-----AAA---R/R
Jenks---------(1-2)----2.93----18SV-----AA----R/R
Munoz--------(3-9)----3.72----1SV------AAA---L/L
Sanders------(2-2)----3.15----1SV-------AAA--L/L
Fields--------(4-3)----3.14-----0SV------AAA--R/R
Reynoso------(3-2)---2.97-----4SV------AA----L/L
Meaux--------(3-1)---2.29----1SV-------AA----L/L
Pollok---------(2-3)---3.34-----3SV------AA---R/R
Haeger--------(2-0)---3.75-----0SV------AA---R/R

Ask and you shall receive. How the hell did Munoz lose 9 games and have a 3.72 ERA?

Parrothead
07-04-2005, 11:45 PM
I would like to know why the Sox delayed the game 2+ hours when it was drizzling and hardly any water on the field. But later when it was raining harder than it was anytime before they let the game continue. They pissed off alot of people tonight. The good thing is the Sox won !

bluestar
07-04-2005, 11:48 PM
Interesting they chose to go with Jenks instead of Bajenaru.

I've never heard that Jenks had "head problems," but he has definitely had arm problems. The story was that he threw the ball so hard when he was with the Angels, he was causing stress fractures in his elbow. He was on the DL several times when he was in the Angels' organizations. He finally had to have surgery to correct his arm problems. He supposedly can throw 100+ and consistently in the high 90's.

Banix12
07-04-2005, 11:48 PM

Head Case, amazing heater, and he's a big boy. Not a big fan of the physical conditioning as I recall.

TaylorStSox
07-04-2005, 11:49 PM
Head Case, amazing heater, and he's a big boy. Not a big fan of the physical conditioning as I recall.

To go along with arguably the best curveball in our system.

SAVVY18
07-04-2005, 11:49 PM
I would like to know why the Sox delayed the game 2+ hours when it was drizzling and hardly any water on the field.

I'm sure the Umpires had something to do with it, not the Sox...:rolleyes:

Parrothead
07-04-2005, 11:52 PM
I'm sure the Umpires had something to do with it, not the Sox...:rolleyes:

I don't know who is responsible for the delay. When the tarp was taken off the field there was minimal water on it. Quite pathetic. Also, the majority of the crowd was gone before the end of the game.

owensmouth
07-04-2005, 11:54 PM
I would like to know why the Sox delayed the game 2+ hours when it was drizzling and hardly any water on the field. But later when it was raining harder than it was anytime before they let the game continue. They pissed off alot of people tonight. The good thing is the Sox won !This is (obviously) a guess on my part, but if you looked at the radar before the game you would see one line of inclement weather that passed through the Chicago area. The Sox knew that they were at the tail end of the system. If the Sox had started it earlier, there was an excellent possibility that the game would have to be stopped. By waiting the two plus hours, the Sox were pretty much guaranteed that it could be completed without a break in play

Parrothead
07-04-2005, 11:59 PM
This is (obviously) a guess on my part, but if you looked at the radar before the game you would see one line of inclement weather that passed through the Chicago area. The Sox knew that they were at the tail end of the system. If the Sox had started it earlier, there was an excellent possibility that the game would have to be stopped. By waiting the two plus hours, the Sox were pretty much guaranteed that it could be completed without a break in play

That may be true but it was drizzling during the delay. The ground / tarp was barely wet at 6 pm. It could have started earlier then delay the game when nessecary, what is the difference? The people, especially in right field, were extremely pissed when it was raining harder in about the fourth and the game continued. This was only the second time I have seen people leave before the 4th inning was even finished. They had to know the many would be leaving early due to work tommorrow and with having kids in tow. Sidenote: Beer sales were stopped at 9:30 due to the late start of the game thus pissing off more people (it did not affect me).

SoxSpeed22
07-05-2005, 12:01 AM
The Sox usually lost these kind of games in the past. But then again, they've lost a lot of games in the past. How about Vizcaino and Shingo? They've got it back!:bandance:
:winner

BRDSR
07-05-2005, 12:01 AM
Other than the homerun to Crawford by Shingo, the other 7 runs were let up by McCarthy & Walker. Other than those 2 guys, it was a good game.

So basically...except for every bad play by every bad player...the Sox played great tonight!

Just kidding. Only one stat matters and thats runs...Sox had more at the end, so they get the W. And a W means they played a good game. I'll take it.

DickAllen72
07-05-2005, 12:06 AM
Get well soon, El Duque!

See you in 2007, Brandon.

chitownhawkfan
07-05-2005, 12:11 AM
I liked the jabs thrown at the East Coast press during the broadcast by Farmer. And that loud noise you heard, was everybody scuffling to jump back on the Shingo bandwagon.

:andy
Let em have it Ed

TDog
07-05-2005, 12:14 AM
I would like to know why the Sox delayed the game 2+ hours when it was drizzling and hardly any water on the field. But later when it was raining harder than it was anytime before they let the game continue. They pissed off alot of people tonight. The good thing is the Sox won !

Up here in the Tongass rain forest that runs up the Pacific coast of the Alaska, we don't stop for rain. From tee ball to adult softball, games go on in the Juneau rain.

PicktoCLick72
07-05-2005, 12:16 AM
Wasn't pretty but win is a win. Jermaine starts heating up a couple weeks earlier and he would have been an All-Star. Go get em tomorrow Freddy.

ATXBMX
07-05-2005, 12:19 AM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_408057.jpg http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_276526.jpg

These guys could be brothers.

SOX ADDICT '73
07-05-2005, 12:21 AM
...a W means they played a good game. I'll take it.
That's right folks, the end justifies the means, no matter how much "the means" makes you want to throw up and smash the TV remote.

A W is a W, another game off the schedule, another day that the Twins gain no ground, and another tick off of the "Magic-Number-O-Meter", not that any of us are seriously keeping track of that! :wink:

On a side note, Carl Crawford sure does seem to enjoy homering off of Sox relievers on the 4th of July! At least this year's version wasn't a 3-run walkoff. How's retirement treatin' ya, Billy?:cool:

Lip Man 1
07-05-2005, 12:31 AM
A few things are clear after tonight...

McCarthy is not ready yet. That's OK... unlike years past the Sox do NOT need to rush him. He's been sent back down and he should stay in Charlotte for the rest of the year, to get his head back together.

Kevin Walker is a joke and needs to be released immediately.

Assuming Hernandez and Marte are physically healthy they'll be activated as soon as eligible after the All Star Break.

If it were me I'd make a deal for a starting pitcher and slide him into the back end of the rotation. That gives the Sox some options if Hernandez gets hurt again. As far as Contreras, to me, he's in long relief until he shows otherwise.

The Sox need to hang in for the rest of the week until reinforcements arrive.

Good thing they won tonight, the Twins didn't seen to have any trouble again on the Left Coast, they are hot again, winners of 6 of 7 I think, and the Tribe took a double header.

It's a win...I'm grateful but the pitching needs to be reworked a little.

Lip

SOX ADDICT '73
07-05-2005, 12:33 AM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_408057.jpg http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_276526.jpg

Let's hope Walker is the EVIL twin.

mealfred13
07-05-2005, 12:37 AM

Actually, I think Walker looks alot like Phil Helmuth.

http://www.poker-in-the-uk.com/images/pp.gif

lostletters
07-05-2005, 12:40 AM
I was at the game tonight. The park was packed. The rain delay lasted longer then it had to. McCarthy needs some more experience in the minors and more pitches.

And Mr. Dye ROCKS.

Great game overall. Nice to see the offense do the heavy lifting for a change. Just to quash the white sox need another bat people.

I cannot wait to see El Duque return...we NEED him back.

CHISOXFAN13
07-05-2005, 12:46 AM
Didn't see it mentioned, but after the game concluded, Buehrle grabbed a microphone and pleaded with the fans to vote for Pods.

Great to see!

ShoelessJoeS
07-05-2005, 01:06 AM
Didn't see it mentioned, but after the game concluded, Buehrle grabbed a microphone and pleaded with the fans to vote for Pods.

Great to see!
:hawk
"i luuuuuuuv mark buehrle"

DumpJerry
07-05-2005, 01:10 AM
I was there tonight, too. I'm not sure which game Parrotthead was at, the place was packed until the 7th or so and people left because they hadf kids with them and it was late. However, it was still fairly full for the fireworks show afterwards.

At 7:45 (20 minutes or so before we actually started), one of my friends talked with a security supervisor who told her that the radar was showing a big storm headed to the park and they wanted to wait until 8:00 to see what it did. That is why we sat in the drizzle which was lighter than some of the rain that fell during the game.

hawkeyesox17
07-05-2005, 01:16 AM
At the game, and was sitting in the nosebleeds. Turned out to be a blessing in disguise by being under the roof the entire time. It looked like almost nobody left during the rain delay. A win is a win and that all that matters.

Oh... and also Buehrle rocks for talking after the game!!!:cool:

Foulke You
07-05-2005, 01:18 AM

Great to see!
Yep, I was at the game too and that was awesome. He said "we need Scott Podsednik at the All Star Game" and encouraged everyone to vote. He really has swayed me. I wasn't going to vote as hard as I did for Frank in '03 because I figured it was a useless gesture against two Yankees but I'm gonna give it my all and do some Chicago style voting. We need another White Sox player on that team.:cool:

Just got back from the game and this was U-G-L-Y to watch but glad we got the W. Hideo Nomo did his best Steve Trachsel impression by being the "human rain delay". My God does that guy take an eternity between pitches. I was watching Julio Lugo do deep knee bends and stretches at shortstop just to stay loose out there. Nomo was putting his defense to sleep. I can't believe that is the same Nomo who was the phenom in LA during the '90s. He is definitely in the twilight of his career. I guess having a D-Rays uniform on is evidence of that.:D:

This was just not the kind of game you want to watch after waiting around for 2 hours for the game to start. I really was quite puzzled that the rain delay lasted so long. It was only a light drizzle and it was sporadic...not what I would call 2 hr delay material. The conspiracy theorist in me thinks that maybe it was done to keep the sellout crowd on the concourses longer buying food and souvenirs but who knows. Dye was definitely the man tonight...that Grand Slam was a missle straight out of the park. Bullpen did a nice job (minus Kevin Walker). Happy we won, enjoyed my fireworks too, but definitely a strange night at Comiskey.

mbwhitesox
07-05-2005, 01:19 AM

Great to see!

Also thought it was worth mentioning that during the rain delay I saw Pods in the dugout signing autographs for fans, literally almost the whole duration of the rain delay (about an hour and a half).

Thought it was a very classy move by Podsednik, go out and vote this guy on the All-star team!

Chips
07-05-2005, 01:19 AM
Good to see Shingo has his stuff back, but why was he pitching 2+ innings again. He started the 8th by giving up two straight hits, thank God Dye and Tadahito make great plays to keep the homer a solo shot. But I dont like Shingo work more than one inning, yet alone two. Though he pitched good last week in Detroit in 2 2/3, it makes me nervous.

Nellie_Fox
07-05-2005, 01:20 AM
That's because their designated face of baseball is about to take a three day break.I was absolutely rocked when they said the Derek Jeter "is the face of baseball." But then I thought about it, and I realized that "the face of baseball" absolutely must be hovering above Yankee pinstripes.

StillMissOzzie
07-05-2005, 01:52 AM

Sounds to me like the door swings both ways now that the Sox have announced their intention to switch radio stations after this season. Not that I disagree with Farmio at all (and where have you been, King Xerxes?), but:
1) Mopes like MJ&H suddenly start taking potshots at Nancy Faust & the Sox, knowing they won't have the Sox on their station next year.
2) Farmio doesn't have to kiss ESPN ass anymore, knowing that they won't have the Sox on the Chicago franchise next year.

I expect more of this before the year is out.

SMO
:gulp:

JB98
07-05-2005, 02:04 AM
I had a long night at the park, so without reading the whole thread, here are my observations:

1. After a terribly slow start, Dye has become one of the more consistent hitters on the team.

2. Big outing by Vizcaino. He came in when it looked like it was all going to hell in the fourth inning, and he put out the fire and held the lead.

3. Good job by Shingo, saving our bullpen. He caught a break when that idiot tried to take third and got thrown out by Iguchi. I don't worry about a solo home run when we have a 3-run lead. Shingo isn't used to working over two innings, but he was able to get the ball to Hermanson. That saves Cotts and Politte for tomorrow.

Banix12
07-05-2005, 02:20 AM
Sounds to me like the door swings both ways now that the Sox have announced their intention to switch radio stations after this season. Not that I disagree with Farmio at all (and where have you been, King Xerxes?), but:
1) Mopes like MJ&H suddenly start taking potshots at Nancy Faust & the Sox, knowing they won't have the Sox on their station next year.
2) Farmio doesn't have to kiss ESPN ass anymore, knowing that they won't have the Sox on the Chicago franchise next year.

I expect more of this before the year is out.

SMO
:gulp:

I think Farmer's comments were focused toward ESPN's national personalities and not the local ones.

Trust me when I tell you that there will not be any huge potshots taken by ESPN 1000 at the sox. They don't have to cozy up to the cubs since there is not a chance on earth that WGN radio gives up the Cubs broadcast. Sox fans make up a majority of their audience thanks to the long partnership with the team.

Therefore they cannot afford to lose a signifigant chunk of their current audience since there isn't likely to be a huge defection of Cub fans to their station. Not enough anyway to fill the hole that would be created if a large chunk of sox fans stopped listening. Without the games to draw in the fans, they can't afford to anger any group of listener.

So if they start just blatently taking pot shots at the sox, they lose listenership, that means less ad revenue, that means layoffs at the station.

What you are going to see though is a shift toward the middle, instead of seeing a majority of their live events focusing around sox tickets and U.S. cellular field, they'll start doing a few more remotes at bars in Lakeview to balance out the cubs-sox coverage and try giving away a few more cubs related items.

Parrothead
07-05-2005, 06:29 AM
I was there tonight, too. I'm not sure which game Parrotthead was at, the place was packed until the 7th or so and people left because they hadf kids with them and it was late. However, it was still fairly full for the fireworks show afterwards.

At 7:45 (20 minutes or so before we actually started), one of my friends talked with a security supervisor who told her that the radar was showing a big storm headed to the park and they wanted to wait until 8:00 to see what it did. That is why we sat in the drizzle which was lighter than some of the rain that fell during the game.

You must have been sitting in the UD because the lower deck, especially between the foul poles was empty. It looked like a Dodger game.

DumpJerry
07-05-2005, 06:51 AM
You must have been sitting in the UD because the lower deck, especially between the foul poles was empty. It looked like a Dodger game.
I was in 109.

shoota
07-05-2005, 09:28 PM
I was at the game and braved the two-hour rain delay and the slow moving game to watch all 8.5 innings and the fireworks show.

With all this Nancy talk around here, I've been making a point to listen to her more at the game. There were a few songs she played based off the uniform number of the TB players, and of course, there were a number of songs that went over my head. One that didn't though, was "Puff the magic dragon" played when Aubrey Huff stepped to the plate. Hilarious.

I noticed that there was more piped in music between innings. I liked that. The Toby Keith song, "Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue" played in between innings was an appreciated patriotic touch on July 4. A lot of Sox fans were singing along.

I want Nancy playing her organ during the innings, and piped in music between innings. Last night was an ideal mix of organ music and piped music.

Shingo and Vizcaino have continued their recent improvements. They both helped us win yesterday's game. Dye's grand slam and 6 RBI helped too.

Good offensive and defensive game by Juan Uribe. Hermanson earned the save.

EDIT: The Sox need to stop making Gene Honda say, "Sox fans: On your feet!" for the Chevrolet Pride Crew. In fact, just get rid of the Chevrolet Pride Crew.

Skippy
07-05-2005, 10:09 PM
I was at the game and braved the two-hour rain delay and the slow moving game to watch all 8.5 innings and the fireworks show.

With all this Nancy talk around here, I've been making a point to listen to her more at the game. There were a few songs she played based off the uniform number of the TB players, and of course, there were a number of songs that went over my head. One that didn't though, was "Puff the magic dragon" played when Aubrey Huff stepped to the plate. Hilarious.

I noticed that there was more piped in music between innings. I liked that. The Toby Keith song, "Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue" played in between innings was an appreciated patriotic touch on July 4. A lot of Sox fans were singing along.

I want Nancy playing her organ during the innings, and piped in music between innings. Last night was an ideal mix of organ music and piped music.

Shingo and Vizcaino have continued their recent improvements. They both helped us win yesterday's game. Dye's grand slam and 6 RBI helped too.

Good offensive and defensive game by Juan Uribe. Hermanson earned the save.

EDIT: The Sox need to stop making Gene Honda say, "Sox fans: On your feet!" for the Chevrolet Pride Crew. In fact, just get rid of the Chevrolet Pride Crew.

I was also there on the 4th, and if I never hear "da da da DAH da DAH.. CHARGE!!!!" again I'll have a very pleasant life.