PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen the new Sox commercials?

Jurr
07-04-2005, 10:09 PM
I really liked the new commercial with the national anthem. Talks about nobody being allowed to miss the national anthem, no matter what nation they're from (as it's showing all of the different players from different countries)..very classy commercial.

Then, we get this "Cooking with Ozzie" commercial for Comcast. "Throw in some pitching, some defense, and plenty of power."
It actually had DJ's 'UH OH' call!!
What do you guys think of these?? They're a whole lot better than the devil and angel ones.

Soxzilla
07-04-2005, 10:27 PM
A 30 second video of Batman scratching his ass is better than watching those win or die trying commercials.

In other words, they suck horribly.:cool:

Chips
07-05-2005, 02:43 AM
The cooking with Ozzie commercial is good, I don't hate all the win or die trying ones, just the one with Aaron going to hell.

Mr. White Sox
07-05-2005, 02:53 AM
The win or die trying commercials are equivalent to Pauly Shore stand-up. In other words, not so much.

The new ones? Meh, they're OK, but I preferred the older commercials. I can't remember which one it was specifically, but I liked one involving Buehrle and a chalkboard. I forgot how it went though.

Mohoney
07-05-2005, 02:57 AM
A 30 second video of Batman scratching his ass is better than watching those win or die trying commercials.

In other words, they suck horribly.:cool:

Exactly which Batman are we talking about here? Adam West? Michael Keaton? BatmanZOSO?

Mercy!
07-05-2005, 03:35 AM
I just saw the National Anthem one last night. I guess it’s in the Grinder Rule series of TV and radio spots, most of which don’t do much for me. But knowing that Ozzie actually instituted a $500 fine at the beginning of the season for anyone who doesn’t line up in time for the national anthem made me appreciate this spot especially.

And I seem to be practically alone around here in liking the Aaron and the Devil spot. "Eeew….Awkward…".

My favorite was the "Them vs. Us" 2004 ad. I wish they’d resurrect it or do another take off on the concept.
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/fan_forum/commercials04.jsp (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/fan_forum/commercials04.jsp)

JermaineDye05
07-05-2005, 03:42 AM
I liked freddy's first batting practice the whole "oh I think I'm gonna like it here" that was great and the team chemistry with pauly and shingo

Mr. White Sox
07-05-2005, 03:55 AM
I liked freddy's first batting practice the whole "oh I think I'm gonna like it here" that was great and the team chemistry with pauly and shingo

Oh yeah! I totally forgot about those...
What happened to the inventive, intelligent and funny Sox commercials we all knew and loved?

SSN721
07-05-2005, 06:50 AM
Imust confess the devil kinda cracks me up a bit in the Rowand spot. Overacted quite well in my opinion. I love the National Anthem one though.

Soxzilla
07-05-2005, 08:18 AM
Exactly which Batman are we talking about here? Adam West? Michael Keaton? BatmanZOSO?

I'll leave that for you to decide!:wink:

owensmouth
07-05-2005, 11:21 AM
How about a new "Them vs Us" involving the Red Sox and the Yankees as the "them"?

Steakpita
07-05-2005, 11:38 AM
They should just pay extra to air the complete pregame intro a few times. I would LOVE to see that on TV. Also it would be great to throw in with movie previews over the course of the summer... way more exciting than the same damn trailers I've seen six times each already.

The national anthem commercial is pretty good - can't really hate on America. I had to explain it to my non-baseball friends though, so that's a minus.

LVSoxFan
07-05-2005, 12:28 PM
I love the anthem commercial, and that it's in B&W.

The Buehrle one is stupid. The Rowand one is hideously overacted with the devil, but the payoff comes at the end: "Guys... little help?" LOL!

The Shingo one from last year was hilarious; the batting practice was great too... until Mags went down and we traded Loaiza.

All in all I like the new spots for their edginess--a complete contrast to the Disney-like wholesomeness of the Cubbies.

FedEx227
07-05-2005, 12:37 PM
the team chemistry with pauly and shingo

easily the best one ever.

Paulie: its all about communication..

Shingo: ::random japanese::

Paulie: Its in the bat rack...its all about communication.

How about a new "Them vs Us" involving the Red Sox and the Yankees as the "them"?

:farmer : I'm game!

Soxzilla
07-05-2005, 12:39 PM
No, wasn't he like...

"It's in the bat rack...(looks back at the camera)...what was I saying again...?"

FedEx227
07-05-2005, 12:41 PM
I don't remember exactly... they should really play those again, so much better than "OMG YOU THREW THE BALL SO HARD!" those are so lame.

Soxzilla
07-05-2005, 12:47 PM
I don't remember exactly... they should really play those again, so much better than "OMG YOU THREW THE BALL SO HARD!" those are so lame.

Roger. Did you guys happen to see the outtakes they had for those commercials, before they actually aired?

It actually looked like Mark's would be funny, as it depicted him trying to 'pick-up' the angel, but they completely cut that part out. How dissappointing.:(:

SOXSINCE'70
07-05-2005, 12:55 PM

Being 43,my vote goes to Adam West.:roflmao: :roflmao:

Soxzilla
07-05-2005, 01:23 PM
https://secure.quay.net/community/images/avatars/gallery/Family%20Guy/adam_west.jpg

"Who's been watching me scratch my ass? No time for that! I must kill them all. With my hands...my...BARE...hands. I love licorice."

slobes
07-05-2005, 03:48 PM
No, wasn't he like...

"It's in the bat rack...(looks back at the camera)...what was I saying again...?"

Haha that was definitely one of my favorites. I liked the Rowand "Win or Die Trying" one this year, but after that, especially the Buehrle one, they weren't as good.