Brian Dolgin is pretty good, but I miss Wills

:wills

Andy T Clown
07-04-2005, 07:14 PM
I talked to Wills. He will be at Jimbo's after these games.:gulp:

TornLabrum
07-04-2005, 07:18 PM
I talked to Wills. He will be at Jimbo's after these games.:gulp:

Just so he doesn't drink so much he forgets that he owes me an interview tomorrow for the WCSF newsletter!

chitownhawkfan
07-04-2005, 07:23 PM
Just so he doesn't drink so much he forgets that he owes me an interview tomorrow for the WCSF newsletter!

WCSF newsletter? Tell me more?

TornLabrum
07-04-2005, 07:36 PM
WCSF newsletter? Tell me more?

The Windy City Sox Fans newsletter. It comes out four times a year and is mailed to our membership. I'll be interviewing Dave tomorrow for the next issue, coming out later this month or early August.

The next issue will feature highlights from our June luncheon with Ozzie Guillen and Brian Dolgin that had a surprise visit from Jerry Reinsdorf, the Wills interview and/or (depending on space) additional material on Nancy Faust over and above what will be appearing here shortly (as soon as George gets it up), and more.

Proceeds from memberships and events go to Chicago Baseball Cancer Charities and are earmarked for Children's Memorial Hospital.

If you (or anybody for that matter) are interested in joining, PM me.

Tragg
07-04-2005, 07:49 PM
I think I've heard some of his home run calls during espn highlights - he sounds pretty good.

Brian26
07-04-2005, 08:37 PM
The 2004 highlight video they showed was fantastic.

Viva Medias B's
07-04-2005, 08:39 PM
I bet Wilsy will be making pregame appearances at Grandstand this week as well.

TornLabrum
07-04-2005, 08:41 PM
I bet Wilsy will be making pregame appearances at Grandstand this week as well.

I talked to Rose the other day, and she thought he might be.

Brian26
07-04-2005, 09:11 PM
I talked to Rose the other day, and she thought he might be.

I miss the Pete and Rosemary Grandstand plugs during trivia with Willsy.

TornLabrum
07-04-2005, 10:02 PM
I miss the Pete and Rosemary Grandstand plugs during trivia with Willsy.

Yeah, me, too. So when I went to the park to get tickets for tomorrow's game, I stopped in and bought a couple of Sox T-shirts for my wife and me. I'll be wearing mine tomorrow. You can bet I'll mention to Willsy that I bought it at Grandstand.

Stroker Ace
07-04-2005, 10:13 PM
Brian Dolgin is pretty good, but I miss Wills

I feel the same way.

TornLabrum
07-04-2005, 11:41 PM
I have to say that I really appreciate Brian for agreeing to host our Ozzie Guillen luncheon in June on pretty short notice. He made an excellent emcee. (And remember, Dave was "The Voice of the Windy City Sox Fans" for something like nine years. In my book, they're both great.

chitownhawkfan
07-05-2005, 12:14 AM
I have to say that I really appreciate Brian for agreeing to host our Ozzie Guillen luncheon in June on pretty short notice. He made an excellent emcee. (And remember, Dave was "The Voice of the Windy City Sox Fans" for something like nine years. In my book, they're both great.

I didnt mean to slight Dolgin, I think he does a terrific job hosting.

TornLabrum
07-05-2005, 12:22 AM

It wasn't taken that way.

jabrch
07-05-2005, 02:23 AM

He's become MUCH better in only one half of a season. Someone must have gotten him a bottle of water - cuz he doesn't slap his lips anymore like he did the first few weeks.

The first few shows people wanted to crucify Bryan. I am glad to see more people are starting to take a liking to him. That said, I miss Willsy - he was the best. Even better than Chris Cross.

wdelaney72
07-05-2005, 09:14 AM
I've been a critic of Bryan, but will admit he's improved immensely. He's not Wills, but I think he's doing a pretty good job.

The other day he almost made me drive off the road rambling about "his Disco Inferno Red Dodge Neon".

Memo to Bryan: There's nothing cool about a Neon. Stop trying. It's a chick-mobile. I'd rather drive a mini-van.