PDA

View Full Version : Bonds wins 4th MVP

NUCatsFan
11-19-2001, 01:45 PM
Yep. Barry Bonds easily wins the NL MVP award this year, by 150 votes over second-place Sammy Sosa, and garnering 30 of 32 first place votes. The other two? Both going to Sosa. And whose votes were they? I'm sure you already know, but the two are from Chicago's own Teddy Greenstein (Trib) and Mike Kiley (Sun-Times). And who's shocked by that?

Spiff
11-19-2001, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by NUCatsFan
Yep. Barry Bonds easily wins the NL MVP award this year, by 150 votes over second-place Sammy Sosa, and garnering 30 of 32 first place votes. The other two? Both going to Sosa. And whose votes were they? I'm sure you already know, but the two are from Chicago's own Teddy Greenstein (Trib) and Mike Kiley (Sun-Times). And who's shocked by that?

me.

WinningUgly!
11-19-2001, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by NUCatsFan

:moron
Not me!

duke of dorwood
11-19-2001, 02:22 PM
:boston

I can't stand regional promoting of ball players

duke of dorwood
11-19-2001, 03:23 PM
:shammy

I don't think HE ever ran the bases with a flag

cheeses_h_rice
11-19-2001, 03:32 PM
If the award were "Sole Reason Why Otherwise .500 Team Even Contended for Part of the Season," sure, give it to Sosa.

But Bonds' numbers were off the chart this year. You have to give it to him.

:moron

Typical SmutSox fan logic. Sam-ME deserves the MVP award for at least the next several years, because he single-handedly saved baseball.