PDA

View Full Version : How should I deface my Magglio jersey?

FedEx227
07-04-2005, 04:22 PM
Yes, its almost near...going to the July 18th Sox vs. Tigers game, and barring a completely unpredictiable injury to Maggs, he will be back in town.

and I was thinking of wearing my Magglio shirt-jersey, but it just wouldn't be right to support the man that left us out to dry.

Anyone have any great ideas of how to deface the jersey?

SOXintheBURGH
07-04-2005, 04:25 PM
Well, I defaced my Penguins Jagr jersey.. it now says "JAGOFF." I was going to suggest doing something similar.. "MAGGL-WHO?" But with ORDONEZ on the back I'm not so sure.

Chips
07-04-2005, 04:28 PM
Take the Ordonez off and replace it with Raines.
Not enough Rock Raines jerseys in the stands.

Kogs35
07-04-2005, 04:32 PM
take off o r z and just make it say DONE lol

FedEx227
07-04-2005, 04:34 PM
Was there already a topic about this or am I just having insane deja-vu?

The Dude
07-04-2005, 04:36 PM
Was there already a topic about this or am I just having insane deja-vu?

yes this has been discussed.

Frater Perdurabo
07-04-2005, 05:11 PM
Why deface a perfectly good jersey?

Why not just let bygones be bygones and choose instead to remember the good memories that Maggs provided when he was here?

If the Sox were 25-55 and in fourth place, and if Maggs was hitting .340 with 20 homers for the Tigers, and if Dye was sitting at the end of the bench with a .180 average, and LTP and Timo were platooning in right field, then I'd understand why we Sox fans would expend so much energy being angry at Maggs for being greedy and screwing the Sox.

Let it go already....

:rolleyes:

jake27
07-04-2005, 05:43 PM
cut it into little pieces at the ball park or a classic.... whipe ur arse with it :D:

Tekijawa
07-05-2005, 10:33 AM
Blow it up then dip it in Miller lite and grind it up and Serve it in Spaghetti Sauce

SOXSINCE'70
07-05-2005, 12:19 PM
I liked the fan who showed up at Sox Park on opening day
with a "Gaggs" jersey that had the O,R and Z covered in
duct tape to spell out "Done". :roflmao:

Erik The Red
07-05-2005, 12:24 PM
Blow it up then dip it in Miller lite and grind it up and Serve it in Spaghetti Sauce
:rolling:

dcb33
07-05-2005, 12:34 PM
How about putting the letters W and H in front of ORDONEZ to spell WHORDONEZ?

FedEx227
07-05-2005, 12:47 PM
Then I'd understand why we Sox fans would expend so much energy being angry at Maggs for being greedy and screwing the Sox.

Its the point that the White Sox instead of trading him last year, decided to be a classy organization and try and re-sign him in the offseason. Most teams wouldn't have even taken the time to consider re-signing in the offseason and would've traded at the beginning of 2004... then after we as an organization show class, Magglio hires a general manager that he knows damn well has no love-loss with Ken Williams, and then goes on this power-trip where he won't let a team, who is shelling out millions for his service make sure his knee is alright.

IMHO, Magglio showed no class last/this year, and had enough balls to say that Sox fans "didn't support him while he was here", I'm sorry, but thats ridiculous... if Magglio would've left in a classy way, it would've been fine, had he signed with the Tigers, after we had evaluated him, decided they were the better place/had more money... fine by me, but hiring Boras, bashing the fans, showing up Ken Williams, he deserves everything he will get when he comes back to town.

How about putting the letters W and H in front of ORDONEZ to spell WHORDONEZ?

we might have a winner.

soxgirl617
07-06-2005, 09:20 AM
Why deface a perfectly good jersey?

Why not just let bygones be bygones and choose instead to remember the good memories that Maggs provided when he was here?

If the Sox were 25-55 and in fourth place, and if Maggs was hitting .340 with 20 homers for the Tigers, and if Dye was sitting at the end of the bench with a .180 average, and LTP and Timo were platooning in right field, then I'd understand why we Sox fans would expend so much energy being angry at Maggs for being greedy and screwing the Sox.

Let it go already....

:rolleyes:

My thoughts exactly. I was (am?) a huge Mags fan, and I was quite disappointed by the way in which Mags handled his departure. (Hiring Boras? Refusing to be examined?) However, it's his life, not ours. Please don't forget the wonderful years he had for the Sox, and how much people loved him. (Anyone else at the 2003 All-Star Game remember the "oh ee oh, Maggilo" chants starting in the stands before he was put in the game?!) Ripping on him now that he's with the Tigers is just simply petty. Grow up and just enjoy this year. I'll be wearing my Mags jersey, undefaced, to the July Tigers series, proudly.

samram
07-06-2005, 09:28 AM

That would assure the Sox a championship this year.

Realist
07-06-2005, 10:09 AM
I wash my car with my Ordonez jersey. The bad thing is, now it has a flat tire and it won't run. :(:

samram
07-06-2005, 10:32 AM
I wash my car with my Ordonez jersey. The bad thing is, now it has a flat tire and it won't run. :(:

Take your car to Austria- you know just for a checkup, maybe a little state of the art experimental procedure (just for kicks), and I'm sure everything will be good as new.

SOXSINCE'70
07-06-2005, 11:22 AM

Kind of like the player whose name graces the jersey.:roflmao: :roflmao:

Shorty1983
07-06-2005, 02:59 PM
Why deface a perfectly good white sox jersey? Just put duct tape over it and mark it with Dye's name.

bigfoot
07-06-2005, 10:32 PM
Take your jersey to the Tiger game, have Maggs sign it,

Sell it to a cub fan on E-Bay!

Tell them it's priceless!