PDA

View Full Version : Yankees starting Sturtze?

SOXintheBURGH
07-04-2005, 01:03 PM
New York is starting Tanyon Sturtze?? :?: Are the Yankees really that bad this year?

Baby Fisk
07-04-2005, 01:08 PM
New York is starting Tanyon Sturtze?? :?: Are the Yankees really that bad this year?
Yup. :bandance:

samram
07-04-2005, 01:11 PM

You bet your ass they are. What a great year so far.:smile:

Lip Man 1
07-04-2005, 01:17 PM
I believe last year the former Sox dolt did very well for them (which stunned me).

Lip

ChiSoxRowand
07-04-2005, 02:09 PM
He is starting because of Pavano's injury. Yankees are up 6-1 right now. Who started for the O's?

White Sox Josh
07-04-2005, 02:12 PM
He is starting because of Pavano's injury. Yankees are up 6-1 right now. Who started for the O's?Bruce Chen.

StillMissOzzie
07-04-2005, 03:41 PM
Last I checked, the Yankmees were up 6-4, and Strutze lasted all of 3.2 innings. IIRC, he had a HBP, only 1 hit, and 3 walks in the 4th, which did him in.

SMO
:gulp:

White Sox Josh
07-04-2005, 04:07 PM
Orioles winning 8-6.

Baby Fisk
07-04-2005, 04:13 PM
Orioles winning 8-6.
Uh-oh.

TaylorStSox
07-04-2005, 04:14 PM
They're also starting Randy Johnson on 3 day's rest. That could be one of the dumbest ideas I've heard of.

Jjav829
07-04-2005, 04:18 PM
Nice bullpen they have going there. Trotting out the likes of Wayne Franklin and Jason Anderson. When I think of who I want getting crucial outs in the 7th inning of a 1-run game, Jason Anderson is at the top of my list.

White Sox Josh
07-04-2005, 04:20 PM
Nice bullpen they have going there. Trotting out the likes of Wayne Franklin and Jason Anderson. When I think of who I want getting crucial outs in the 7th inning of a 1-run game, Jason Anderson is at the top of my list. :roflmao::roflmao:

Fenway
07-04-2005, 04:27 PM
Radio Free Steinbrenner is trying to put a good spin on this but can't with the boos

Dame Edna is disgusted

http://www2.yesnetwork.com/photos/blackhawk_0329.jpg

Jjav829
07-04-2005, 05:19 PM
Well, Kline and Ryan just combined to completely blow the lead and put the game out of reach for the Orioles. The Yankees scored 7 runs in the inning and lead by 5 going to the 9th.

There was a funny(stupid?) incident with Bubba Crosby. With the bases loaded he hit a blooper to right field. Gibbons came in and could not make the diving catch. The ball ricocheted off his glove and went about 20 feet away. Only Bubba seemed to forget there were runners on base. The runners had to hold to see if the ball was going to be caught so they could only advance one base. Crosby just kept running the whole time and went to 2nd base. Only one problem. Giambi, who was on first, was going into 2nd base as well. I don't know how the hell Crosby didn't see Giambi, but as Giambi was just finishing his slide into 2nd base, Crosby was beginning his slide into 2nd base. Weird play. Bubba needs to learn to run with his head up.

Soxzilla
07-04-2005, 05:44 PM
LOL, I've done that before.

When I was really young at softball practice, I got a basehit with a fat kid on first base. Well, I ended up rounding second and making it to third, only to realize that the fat kid ended up staying on second base.

I was like, "What the hell!?" And the third basemen came up to me and told me I was out. I told him I wasn't (being all defiant), and stayed on third, and then scored after the next batter got a hit.:cool:

MHOUSE
07-05-2005, 05:53 AM
The Yankees are sinking fast. Aside from Rivera and Gordon, their bullpen consists of Buddy Groom, Scott Proctor, Jason Anderson and Wayne Franklin. They also just traded Quantrill to San Diego for Tim Redding and Darryl May as "insurance" at AAA. WOW. I wouldn't want to trot any of those guys out in a Yankee uniform.

I'm becoming a fan of Chien-Min (sp?) Wang their rookie starter. He's been pretty consistent, something like 4-2 with a 4.50-something ERA. I've watched a couple times on ESPN and he looks like a solid young pitcher. Is there a rule in Asia that starters have to have a slow windup though?