PDA

View Full Version : 5 in a row!!!!!!!!!

He gone
07-03-2005, 11:21 PM
Knights 5 to 4 over Red Sox :bandance:

Ross Gload 5 for 7, 2 doubles and now batting over .400 :bandance:

Villacis the win (1-2) Bajenaru save # 12

Big Joe 1-3 now batting .242 :cool:

Gload and Bajenaru should be up and Walker and Timo down or gone or What Ever :D:

cleanwsox
07-04-2005, 01:29 AM
Gload and Bajenaru should be up and Walker and Timo down or gone or What Ever :D:

Nah, that makes too much sense.

professionalfan
07-04-2005, 01:24 PM
Does anyone else get the feeling that ozzie is starting to look past baj to jenks?

soxwon
07-04-2005, 02:27 PM
What is charlottes record now?

Fenway
07-04-2005, 02:46 PM
They had a real nightmare after the game.

Five workers suffered minor burns and cuts when the fireworks display they were setting off at the end of the Pawtucket Red Sox game at McCoy Stadium misfired shortly after 11 last night.

Pawtucket Firefighter Jeff Johnson said a fireworks shell apparently ruptured inside its firing tube, exploding and catching other boxes and crates on fire. One crate tipped over, shooting fireworks sideways at the workers nearby, he said.

Johnson said two of the injured workers were taken to Miriam Hospital in Providence, and the other three were taken to Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island in Pawtucket. He said none of the injuries appeared "too serious at this time."

A Providence Journal reporter, Benjamin Gedan, who was in the stadium at the time, said the fireworks show appeared to be nearing its finale when several shells came shooting toward the stadium, rather than into the air.

The errant fireworks, which were being launched from a parking lot behind right field, hit the billboards in the stadium's outfield and came through onto the floor of the outfield bleachers, Gedan said.

The bleachers had been cleared of spectators before the show began, Gedan said, although some people were watching the show from blankets on the baseball field. Spectators rushed to get away from the incoming shells, he said.

A few more shells shot into the air after the errant explosions, Gedan said, giving the impression the show was on course.

But after the show concluded, stadium staff could be seen running toward the parking lot where the launch site was located, and there were small brush fires burning on the ground.

Firefighters reported that there were also unexploded shells remaining at the site. They doused the field with water as a precaution.

William Proulx, 42, of Sturbridge, Mass., was one of the people who had been watching the show from the baseball field.

"It looked like something went wrong," he said. "People were asking if that was supposed to happen."

The stadium had remained fairly full for the show following an extra-inning game against the Knights, a Chicago White Sox minor-league affiliate.

Police Lt. Thomas Gifford said the fireworks show scheduled to follow tonight's game has been canceled.

The game with the Charlotte Knights will go on as scheduled at 6:05 p.m. Monday. Boston pitcher Curt Schilling will be making his rehab start.

The PawSox (http://pawsox.com/) lost Sunday night's game 5-4 in 13 innings.
In the interest of public safety the PawSox, in conjunction with the Pawtucket Police and Fire Departments, will cancel the post-game fireworks show scheduled for Monday, July 4 at McCoy Stadium.

The game between the PawSox and the Charlotte Knights, which is sold-out, will begin at 6:05 pm with Curt Schilling making his rehab start http://pawsox.com/files/1.1120450930.jpg

http://pawsox.com/files/1.1120494286.jpg

(Pawtucket, RI) - The Charlotte Knights have won just 28 games in 2005. They have won 5 straight, all against Pawtucket. Sunday night the teams needed 13 innings before the Knights won 5-4. Tim Kester left the game after 7 solid innings, with a 3-2 lead. Cla Meredith gave up a pair of runs in an inning and two thirds, and the score was tied at 4-4 after nine innings. The teams traded zeros until the top of the 13th when Ross Gload doubled to knock in the go-ahead run. The PawSox stranded 19 baserunners. The series continues on Monday at 6:05 p.m. Curt Schilling (0-1) makes a rehab start for the PawSox. He'll face Felix Diaz (2-3).http://pawsox.com/images/shim.gif

Randar68
07-04-2005, 03:22 PM
Does anyone else get the feeling that ozzie is starting to look past baj to jenks?

Ozzie? Kenny has the final word on roster moves #1. #2, Ozzie only saw a tiny bit out of Baj last year and neither he nor Jenks really got any realy time with the big league club in the spring.

That said, Jenks has 2 pitchs better than anything Baj throws, including a 100 mph fastball and a 12-6 curve that drops off the table in the mid-80s!

Jenks has a brighter future if he can keep his head on straight. Al of this said, neither throws with their left hand, and that is why Walker got the call in the first place.

Tragg
07-04-2005, 07:52 PM
I forget - can Gload play outfield?

beckett21
07-04-2005, 08:13 PM
I forget - can Gload play outfield?

Depends upon your definition of *play* :redneck

He spent some time there last year. There were concerns earlier in the year about his shoulder and him being able to make the throws from the OF. Not sure if he would be able to play the OF this year or not. I'd guess not, but just a guess. I'm sure someone here is more dialed in than I am on the situation.

rmusacch
07-04-2005, 08:16 PM
Depends upon your definition of *play* :redneck

He spent some time there last year. There were concerns earlier in the year about his shoulder and him being able to make the throws from the OF. Not sure if he would be able to play the OF this year or not. I'd guess not, but just a guess. I'm sure someone here is more dialed in than I am on the situation.

I thought the impediment to him being called back up was that he was not able to play the outfield. At one point, Ozzie said we need to see him play the outfield before he can come up. Guess he has backed off that.

Tragg
07-04-2005, 08:22 PM
I thought the impediment to him being called back up was that he was not able to play the outfield. At one point, Ozzie said we need to see him play the outfield before he can come up. Guess he has backed off that.

I don't see how he can back off that - it means we have 3 guys who can play only 1B or DH, and only 1 backup outfielder (unless willie goes back to cf)