PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from the Sox game

Bisco Stu
07-03-2005, 06:37 PM
Figures a game I went to would end up with a Sox loss meaning their record in Oaktown since 01 is now 4-20 LOL

Burly looked like CRAP while warming up. No surprise he was behind virtually every hitter.

AWESOME seeing Frank hit one out, like the Frank of 94. Definitely the highlight of the day.

PK is a DRAG at the plate. Can't believe his biggest asset is his glove, never thought I'd see that day.

Biggest turning point of the game was Zito striking out Frank with Ozuna on 3rd and only one out, on the offensive side. Knew PK coming up next wouldn't do crap.

Disappointed that there weren't more Sox fans at the game. Was just at the A's-Mets game two weeks ago and there were hella more Mets fans than Sox fans.

C'mon Sox Army, REPRESENT!

At the end of the day, a bummer loss. A typical Oaktown loss, where we seem to have it in hand and a crazy inning turns it all around.

Guess I should have went to either of the two Garland games in Oaktown this year, the only two we won.

The Racehorse
07-03-2005, 06:46 PM
Did you happen to have a Jason Schmidt (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53374&page=11&pp=15) or Brandon McCarthy sighting coming back from the park?

I couldn't help myself. :)

NUCatsFan
07-03-2005, 07:10 PM
Figures a game I went to would end up with a Sox loss meaning their record in Oaktown since 01 is now 4-20 LOL

Burly looked like CRAP while warming up. No surprise he was behind virtually every hitter.

AWESOME seeing Frank hit one out, like the Frank of 94. Definitely the highlight of the day.

PK is a DRAG at the plate. Can't believe his biggest asset is his glove, never thought I'd see that day.

Biggest turning point of the game was Zito striking out Frank with Ozuna on 3rd and only one out, on the offensive side. Knew PK coming up next wouldn't do crap.

Disappointed that there weren't more Sox fans at the game. Was just at the A's-Mets game two weeks ago and there were hella more Mets fans than Sox fans.

At the end of the day, a bummer loss. A typical Oaktown loss, where we seem to have it in hand and a crazy inning turns it all around.

Guess I should have went to either of the two Garland games in Oaktown this year, the only two we won.

Feel the same way. I knew that if we didn't get that third run, it would be a boost to Oakland. Sure enough, next half inning, they broke through for 4, and we were lifeless after that.

Oh well. At least I got Dye's homer ball out of it all :)

Bisco Stu
07-03-2005, 07:19 PM
Oh well. At least I got Dye's homer ball out of it all :)

Congrats!

NUCatsFan
07-03-2005, 07:24 PM
Congrats!

Did you see the group along the third base line? The Easter Bunny, the astronaut, the dragon, and the Tooth Fairy (there may have been more), held up a sign saying "We don't believe in Carl Everett". Funniest thing I saw all day.

(by the way, I was in 128, row 1, right behind the As bullpen)

The Racehorse
07-03-2005, 07:28 PM
At least I got Dye's homer ball out of it all :)
Awesome! Congrats... :cool:

Bisco Stu
07-03-2005, 09:48 PM
Did you see the group along the third base line? The Easter Bunny, the astronaut, the dragon, and the Tooth Fairy (there may have been more), held up a sign saying "We don't believe in Carl Everett". Funniest thing I saw all day.

I did see them! But I didn't know what they were about. Walked by them outside the stadium before the game. That's funny.

Parrothead
07-03-2005, 11:53 PM

Missed the guys.....Anyone have a picture of them?

Lip Man 1
07-04-2005, 12:06 AM
I understand the sprinkler system went on while the Sox were trying to stretch. It pissed Kenny off enough that he went to find the person responsible for it.

Lip

soltrain21
07-04-2005, 12:08 AM
I understand the sprinkler system went on while the Sox were trying to stretch. It pissed Kenny off enough that he went to find the person responsible for it.

Lip

Now that is just ridiculious.

PAPChiSox729
07-04-2005, 12:23 AM

Wow, that is hilarious. Too bad the outcome wasn't too pleasant.

NUCatsFan
07-04-2005, 12:36 AM
Wow, that is hilarious. Too bad the outcome wasn't too pleasant.

They got plenty of play on the DiamondVision. Unfortunately, I didn't have a camera with me, so I couldn't get a picture of them. Sorry.

GiveMeSox
07-04-2005, 02:51 PM

Hitters are streaky, especially Paulie. He will come out of it. Im sure when all is said and done is BA will be around 270 or so.