PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Buehrle, Garland, and Konerko!

RKMeibalane
07-03-2005, 07:15 PM
You heard it here first, folks! The Sox have three representatives for this season's AS Game: Mark Buehrle, Jon Garland, and Paul Konerko.

Palehose13
07-03-2005, 07:16 PM
You heard it here first, folks! The Sox have three representatives for this season's AS Game: Mark Buehrle, Jon Garland, and Paul Konerko.

Konerko? :?:

soltrain21
Konerko? Lame...

S.S. Lumber Yard
Cliff Politte or Dustin Hermanson should be All Stars. I guess Terry doesn't want to win.

RKMeibalane
07-03-2005, 07:17 PM
You can check the official site for more information. That's where I saw the selections.

NSSoxFan
Congrats Mark, Jon, and Paul.

Any word on if the Sox have a representative for the 32nd player vote?

RKMeibalane
Cliff Politte or Dustin Hermanson should be All Stars. I guess Terry doesn't want to win.

In all honesty, I think the entire team should represent the AL, but that's not going to happen.

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-03-2005, 07:18 PM
Interesting. I saw a list a few hours ago and they were right on the Sox selections. Glad to see both of the pitchers there!

S.S. Lumber Yard
07-03-2005, 07:19 PM
In all honesty, I think the entire team should represent the AL, but that's not going to happen.

Podz has 40 steals for the best team in baseball and can't get in? 3 All Stars for the best team in baseball. That's the absolute minimum they could give us. Oh well, I want our team to be well rested when they come to play the 2nd Half.

Jurr
07-03-2005, 07:19 PM
Man..that's great news! I can't believe we have three guys going! I was sure we'd get two. Paulie better stay out of that home run derby.

Sox of White
07-03-2005, 07:20 PM
Dustin and Cliff got the shaft hardcore. They totally deserve to be there. And 40 steals before the break? Not an All-Star? Hopefully one of these three guys will be in the final vote.

Rocklive99
07-03-2005, 07:21 PM
Official link http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/events/all_star/y2005/roster_league.jsp
I hate the 'every player needs a rep' rule

lths06
07-03-2005, 07:22 PM
Paulie better stay out of that home run derby.

Yes. If I were him i would avoid it like the plague.

RKMeibalane
07-03-2005, 07:23 PM
Congrats to Carlos Lee, as well. He earned it!

RKMeibalane
BTW, did anyone else notice who one of the AL pitchers was? LOL!

S.S. Lumber Yard
If you want the best homerun hitters for the derby, you put Big Frank on your squad.

S.S. Lumber Yard
07-03-2005, 07:24 PM

Wickman...LOL

Rocklive99
07-03-2005, 07:24 PM

:DJ

Uh-oh!

RKMeibalane
07-03-2005, 07:25 PM
If you want the best homerun hitters for the derby, you put Big Frank on your squad.

On a related note, is anyone else annoyed by Scott Rolen being there? Obviously, he has the talent to make the team, but he hasn't played enough to really deserve a spot. I know he was voted in, but I think in instaces like this, a change should be made.

RKMeibalane
07-03-2005, 07:25 PM
Wickman...LOL

I wasn't talking about him. There's another person who's on the team who caught my attention.

lths06
07-03-2005, 07:28 PM
When do we find out who the starting pitchers will be?

Rocklive99
07-03-2005, 07:30 PM
Wickman...LOL

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000002U9A.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Soxzilla
07-03-2005, 07:31 PM
I wasn't talking about him. There's another person who's on the team who caught my attention.

Joe Nathan and his 4+ ERA

Ridiculous.

SoxSpeed22
07-03-2005, 07:31 PM
On a related note, is anyone else annoyed by Scott Rolen being there? Obviously, he has the talent to make the team, but he hasn't played enough to really deserve a spot. I know he was voted in, but I think in instaces like this, a change should be made.I voted for Garrett Atkins and Morgan Ensberg over him. Also I don't think Rodgers will play.

jake27
07-03-2005, 07:37 PM

Ridiculous.3.67 with 22 saves... ne who when the red sox manager was on the score, he said after the starters get picked by fans, then every player votes for players. he is left to pick like 2 position players and 4 pitchers. and he still has to fill every team. so its not all his fault for pods not getting in. he still deserves it tho.

Soxzilla
07-03-2005, 07:40 PM
Yeah, but it was over 4 last week.

Bisco Stu
07-03-2005, 07:40 PM
PK doesn't deserve it, at least not for his bat. He's far too inconsistent at the plate and his hitting will be an issue and a liability in the playoffs. Hopefully Frank can cover his ass.

gf2020
07-03-2005, 07:43 PM
All this team needs to be ready to compete is four or five more Cleveland Indians.

Grobber33
Podsednik is one of five candidates in the annual 'FINAL VOTE' in the AL,but dont hold your breath on him getting in since Derek Jeter and last year's runnaway winner Hideki Matsui are in it again. The others are Torii Hunter and Carl Crawford. Matsui will again get the votes from Japan which is what got him in last year. Jeter will give him a run for his money. Nobody outside of Chicago knows what Podsednik has done and his AVG will hurt him.

I know the NL & AL rosters,but cant post them untill 7pm Chicago time either here or on my site which it almost is at the time of THIS posting.

jake27
this whole all star thing is just weird. have the fans pick players to start an exhibition game which factors into the biggest games of the year. does anyone know if there is a certain length they have to keep going with this all star game means world series home field thing? same thing for fan voting. or could they change it whenever.

batmanZoSo
07-03-2005, 07:44 PM
Finally we get someone who might not deserve it. Can't complain, got exactly what I hoped for. Buehrle and Garland are completely obvious and I felt we deserved some recognition by getting the nod with a hitter even if it was questionable.

jake27
07-03-2005, 07:44 PM
Podsednik is one of five candidates in the annual 'FINAL VOTE' in the AL,but dont hold your breath on him getting in since Derek Jeter and last year's runnaway winner Hideki Matsui are in it again. time for the sox army to really get out the vote :D:

gf2020
07-03-2005, 07:45 PM
I can GUARANTEE that Derek Jeter will be the 32nd all-star. No question after these talking heads get finished blathering.

Sox of White
07-03-2005, 07:47 PM
I can GUARANTEE that Derek Jeter will be the 32nd all-star. No question after these talkings heads get finished talking.

But I still love how the GREATEST PLAYER OF ALL TIME was not voted on to the team initially. He probably will get the final vote, but I'll still enjoy my brief time before that vote knowing he is not on the team yet.

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-03-2005, 07:51 PM
Podsednik is one of five candidates in the annual 'FINAL VOTE' in the AL,but dont hold your breath on him getting in since Derek Jeter and last year's runnaway winner Hideki Matsui are in it again.
Hopefully with two NYY players, NYY fans will split the vote, similar to what happened last year when both Konerko and Thomas were in the final man vote.

Jerome
07-03-2005, 07:51 PM
Official link http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/events/all_star/y2005/roster_league.jsp
I hate the 'every player needs a rep' rule

Well, you may hate it, but I think you'd hate it more if we had no All-Stars in years like in last year, where the only reason we had an AS was the rule.

BeviBall!
07-03-2005, 07:53 PM

Ridiculous.

Exactly. And I'd take Freddy over Santana as well.

Soxzilla
07-03-2005, 07:56 PM
Well, you may hate it, but I think you'd hate it more if we had no All-Stars in years like in last year, where the only reason we had an AS was the rule.

And after that one got invited he got recruited to the Skankees. Ridiculous.

LuvSox
07-03-2005, 08:21 PM
More Sox than Flubbies going. Also no Sosa.

soxfanreggie
07-03-2005, 08:54 PM
We have to remember that the players voted PK in. Some may think he did not deserve to make it, but it was nice to see him getting some respect from his fellow players. Expect Buehrle and Garland to probably get an inning apiece pitching with Roy H. getting 2.

ChiSoxRowand
07-03-2005, 10:09 PM
On a related note, is anyone else annoyed by Scott Rolen being there? Obviously, he has the talent to make the team, but he hasn't played enough to really deserve a spot. I know he was voted in, but I think in instaces like this, a change should be made.

Rolen getting in is a joke. Harold Reynolds made a good point on BBTN when he said that you should have to play a certain amount of games to go.

downstairs
07-03-2005, 10:39 PM

No. There were many years the Sox did not have an all-star on their roster. Tough cookies. If we don't diserve it, we don't diserve it.

Especially since this goofy idea of it determining home field for the WS.

The Racehorse
07-03-2005, 10:40 PM
The Sox have three representatives for this season's AS Game: Mark Buehrle, Jon Garland, and Paul Konerko.

Wtg, fellas! :gulp:

downstairs
07-03-2005, 10:41 PM
More Sox than Flubbies going. Also no Sosa.

Heck, Sosa is no longer even a starter for the O's.

ShoelessJoeS
07-03-2005, 10:45 PM
but i thought he was a HOFer!

*cough* roids...

ND_Sox_Fan
07-03-2005, 11:27 PM
We have to remember that the players voted PK in. Some may think he did not deserve to make it, but it was nice to see him getting some respect from his fellow players.

:hitless
"Well, I have been doing a lot of campaigning. You knew there was a legitimate reason PK has had his lips glued to my backside."

Lip Man 1
07-03-2005, 11:33 PM
Five All Stars or Zero All Stars...doesn't matter. Why get bent out of shape over a popularity contest? One that the Sox have no chance of winning because well, because they aren't popular... not having won anything in decades has something to do with that bu that's for another time.

The Sox have bigger fish to fry, and that doesn't include the All Farce Game.

Lip

samram
07-04-2005, 12:24 AM
Five All Stars or Zero All Stars...doesn't matter. Why get bent out of shape over a popularity contest? One that the Sox have no chance of winning because well, because they aren't popular... not having won anything in decades has something to do with that bu that's for another time.

Lip

'Zactly. Hell, I would rather they all rest and come out kicking ass in the second half.

The Critic
07-04-2005, 02:40 PM

1-for-36 will do that for ya....
:redneck

and FWIW I think Cliff got jobbed this year. He's been spectacular.

GiveMeSox
07-04-2005, 02:53 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/events/all_star/y2005/roster_league.jsp

The sox have Konerko, Buehrle, and Garland going to detroit for the All Star game. Hermenson has 19 saves in 20 opps and an ERA of 1.44 and didn't make it as a releif pitcher. Whats worse is three other Relief pitchers with worse numbers than Hermy made the team; Baez (13 sv, 2.83 era), BJ Ryan (18 sv, 1.67 era), Wickman (22 sv, 2.61 era). Also Joe Nathan made it, granted he has 22 saves, but a bloated era at 3.76. OUCH I cant beleive all those guys are deemed more valuable and deserving than Hermenson whose #'s are way better. SNUB ANYONE!!!

TaylorStSox
07-04-2005, 03:07 PM
Konerko making the team is an absolute joke.

White Sox Josh
07-04-2005, 03:08 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/events/all_star/y2005/roster_league.jsp

The sox have Konerko, Buehrle, and Garland going to detroit for the All Star game. Hermenson has 19 saves in 20 opps and an ERA of 1.44 and didn't make it as a releif pitcher. Whats worse is three other Relief pitchers with worse numbers than Hermy made the team; Baez (13 sv, 2.83 era), BJ Ryan (18 sv, 1.67 era), Wickman (22 sv, 2.61 era). Also Joe Nathan made it, granted he has 22 saves, but a bloated era at 3.76. OUCH I cant beleive all those guys are deemed more valuable and deserving than Hermenson whose #'s are way better. SNUB ANYONE!!!relax! Hermy didn't make it because Baez had to be there because he has to represent the Devil Rays. Wickman is having an incredible comeback year and Nathan was the best Closer in the AL last year. Ryan deserves to go. Politte should be going though not Hermy.

White Sox Josh
07-04-2005, 03:09 PM
Konerko making the team is an absolute joke.what. Who was better than him this year to be the all star reserve at 1B. Tino martinez? NO. Richie Sexson? NO. Mike Sweeny? Hes in only becuase KC needs a player. Palmeiro? No.

Konerko has better stats than all of these guys. 1st basemen this year just arent that good.

CHISOXFAN13
07-04-2005, 03:12 PM
relax! Hermy didn't make it because Baez had to be there because he has to represent the Devil Rays. Wickman is having an incredible comeback year and Nathan was the best Closer in the AL last year. Ryan deserves to go. Politte should be going though not Hermy.

WHat does last year have to do with anything? He made the team last year based on his effort, so there is no reason Nathan should be there again.

Pure silliness.

White Sox Josh
07-04-2005, 03:13 PM
WHat does last year have to do with anything? He made the team last year based on his effort, so there is no reason Nathan should be there again.

Pure silliness.he does have 22 saves.

White Sox Josh
07-04-2005, 03:15 PM
:hitless
"Well, I have been doing a lot of campaigning. You knew there was legitimate a reason PK has had his lips glued to my backside.":walnuts
Of course the greatest defensive shortstop should be on the allstar team.

CHISOXFAN13
07-04-2005, 03:15 PM
he does have 22 saves.

So you are more impressed with a guy who has three more saves, yet has an ERA more than two runs higher?

Please.

You can't argue for Politte and then give me that stat.

TaylorStSox
07-04-2005, 03:19 PM
what. Who was better than him this year to be the all star reserve at 1B. Tino martinez? NO. Richie Sexson? NO. Mike Sweeny? Hes in only becuase KC needs a player. Palmeiro? No.

Konerko has better stats than all of these guys. 1st basemen this year just arent that good.

Teixeira, Ortiz and Sweeney should be the only 1st baseman who make it. I'm sorry but a guy hitting .243 and .236 RISP isn't an all star. It's not like he makes up for his bat in the field either.

White Sox Josh
07-04-2005, 03:22 PM
Teixeira, Ortiz and Sweeney should be the only 1st baseman who make it. I'm sorry but a guy hitting .243 and .236 RISP isn't an all star. It's not like he makes up for his bat in the field either.Ortiz is a DH full time and that's what he was on the ballot. You want 3 1B so take Sweeney and Teixeira and who else is deserving. Well Konerko has better stats than anyone at 1B in the AL not named Sweeney and Teixeira.

Jjav829
07-04-2005, 03:43 PM
Konerko making the team is an absolute joke.

Hey, it makes up for last season when Konerko should have been there but wasn't. Besides, it's not like the fans voted him in or he was chosen because we needed a representative. Konerko was voted in by his peers. He became an All-Star because the players decided that he deserved to be one.

I'd like to thanks the fans for getting it right in the AL. Varitek, Teixeira, Roberts, Tejada, Arod, and Ortiz are all the most deserving at their positions. In the OF, Manny, Damon and Vlad is pretty much correct as well. Sheffield is about the only other player that has a case to start, but it's hard to say that any of the three outfielders shouldn't be starting over Sheffield.

Congrats to Buehrle, Garland and Konerko. They're all very deserving. :gulp:

LuvSox
07-04-2005, 04:01 PM
what. Who was better than him this year to be the all star reserve at 1B. Tino martinez? NO. Richie Sexson? NO. Mike Sweeny? Hes in only becuase KC needs a player. Palmeiro? No.

Hasn't Palmeiro reached a point where he should be on the team anyway, like Ripken did. Look at his career numbers. He's only a few hits shy of 3000. He could quite possibly hit 600 HR's. Not too shabby, and numbers Konerko will never see.

Jjav829
07-04-2005, 04:15 PM
Hasn't Palmeiro reached a point where he should be on the team anyway, like Ripken did. Look at his career numbers. He's only a few hits shy of 3000. He could quite possibly hit 600 HR's. Not too shabby, and numbers Konerko will never see.

So should Sham-ME be on the team too? How about Griffey? Should Bonds be on the team even though he can't play? Hell, we can just make it a team based on career numbers and forget about the current year. All these good young players like Teixeira, Tejada, Abreu, etc. can give way to Palmeiro, Griffey, Bagwell, etc. Maybe we can find a spot for Larry Walker, too. He's going to retire after this year. What better way to honor him than make him an All-Star one more time. Miguel Cabrera, you're off the team. Sorry. We need room for Larry Walker to honor his great years in the 90s.

MarySwiss
07-04-2005, 04:35 PM

Lip

Gawd, this is so, so true! I usually don't even watch the stupid thing, but this year will be different because for the first time I actually care about who gets home field advantage in the WS.

samram
07-04-2005, 06:42 PM
So should Sham-ME be on the team too? How about Griffey? Should Bonds be on the team even though he can't play? Hell, we can just make it a team based on career numbers and forget about the current year. All these good young players like Teixeira, Tejada, Abreu, etc. can give way to Palmeiro, Griffey, Bagwell, etc. Maybe we can find a spot for Larry Walker, too. He's going to retire after this year. What better way to honor him than make him an All-Star one more time. Miguel Cabrera, you're off the team. Sorry. We need room for Larry Walker to honor his great years in the 90s.

I want Cal Ripken on the team too.

popilius
07-05-2005, 02:28 AM

Darin Erstad of the Angels is hitting .291 with 4 HR and 31 RBI. The power numbers are a bit low, but he's also a Gold Glover.

:gulp: