PDA

View Full Version : Positive Joe Crede Thread- Fojc Rejoice part Two!

RallyBowl
07-03-2005, 01:25 PM
Man, I wish I would have posted this thread saturday afternoon like I wanted to, it would have meant more before he played a great game. In front of his archnemesis chavez too! Anyway, the trade crede rumors have kind of died down in the last few weeks, correlating with his slow rise in production. I have always had faith that one day he would be one of the premier 3B in the league. Whether he will or not remains to be seen, but I'm glad he has been producing, and I hope that kenny doesn't get any wise ideas. I want Joe to be around when we win this thing. FOJC- we are converting non-believers everyday. Keep up the good work. Crede sez: "I AM 'The Comet' !" :crede

havelj
07-03-2005, 01:29 PM
Crede will be this year's Bill Mazeroski in October - book it!

slobes
07-03-2005, 01:36 PM
While he is no Robin Ventura (greatest 3rd baseman in the history of baseball), I still think Crede is doing well at 3rd base right now. If it's not broken, don't fix it.

bludupree
07-03-2005, 01:46 PM
Man, I wish I would have posted this thread saturday afternoon like I wanted to, it would have meant more before he played a great game. In front of his archnemesis chavez too! Anyway, the trade crede rumors have kind of died down in the last few weeks, correlating with his slow rise in production. I have always had faith that one day he would be one of the premier 3B in the league. Whether he will or not remains to be seen, but I'm glad he has been producing, and I hope that kenny doesn't get any wise ideas. I want Joe to be around when we win this thing. FOJC- we are converting non-believers everyday. Keep up the good work. Crede sez: "I AM 'The Comet' !" :crede

Where did 'the comet' come from?

soltrain21
07-03-2005, 01:48 PM
Joltin' Joe is here to stay. Long live the best 3rd basemen the Sox have had since Robin! Herbert Perrry who?

TDog
07-03-2005, 01:54 PM
He must especially frustrate the A's. Even when they hit him, the umpire says he has to stay in and bat.

Rocklive99
07-03-2005, 01:58 PM
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/7105/comet5si.jpg

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2703

MeanFish
07-03-2005, 02:27 PM
Crede will be this year's Bill Mazeroski in October - book it!

:crede

"Wait, does that HR count in shoota's scoring system?"

Iguana775
07-03-2005, 02:29 PM
LOL. isnt it funny how Crede has a good game or 2 and the FOJC come out in full force.

Soxzilla
07-03-2005, 02:31 PM
The thing I like about Crede is his selflessness. After he hit that homer in the seventh, he immediately started running and put his head down after knowing that it was gone. He actually did the same thing when he hit the walk-off last year off Urbina in the 9th, to which the Detroit announcers praised him for his respect of Ugueth and being "a professional."

Which is a far cry from what most hitters are like nowadays, especially a certain roid freak named Scammy.

SoxFan76
07-03-2005, 02:35 PM
LOL. isnt it funny how Crede has a good game or 2 and the FOJC come out in full force.

While I am a Joe Crede supporter, I agree with you. I consider myself a FOJC (though I'm not very vocal about it), but you can't praise him everytime he does something good then say you (you referring to people in general) want him traded. That's a little ridiculous.

MeanFish
07-03-2005, 02:42 PM
While I am a Joe Crede supporter, I agree with you. I consider myself a FOJC (though I'm not very vocal about it), but you can't praise him everytime he does something good then say you (you referring to people in general) want him traded. That's a little ridiculous.

This year in particular is kind of funny, because as much as people criticize him, they're hard pressed to think of anyone better. He might not be great, but he is, believe it or not, the second-best third basemen in the division. The ONLY better one is Brandon Inge.

RallyBowl
07-03-2005, 02:58 PM
LOL. isnt it funny how Crede has a good game or 2 and the FOJC come out in full force.Like I says, Ishould Have posted yesterday, or earlier in the week before he had a few good games, so this would'nt look so suspicious. BTW, I support Joe even when he "sucks". Check the records.

JohnBasedowYoda
07-03-2005, 02:59 PM
Where did 'the comet' come from?

on mac jurko and harry they were trying to come up with a new nickname for crede. when he isn't doing to hot they're calling him the lamb, and came up with the comet when he put together that hitting streak

RallyBowl
07-03-2005, 03:03 PM
Joltin' Joe is here to stay. Long live the best 3rd basemen the Sox have had since Robin! Herbert Perrry who?Joltin' Joe? Yankmees fans and Italians will consider that blasphemy.

PAPChiSox729
07-03-2005, 03:22 PM
Which is a far cry from what most hitters are like nowadays, especially a certain roid freak named Scammy.

Don't forget about that other 3rd baseman from Chicago. Though I don't think Ramirez is on steroids, he does have a little homerun walk he does after he launches one. Joe doesn't carry the bat that Ramirez does, but I think I like Crede on this team better than I would if Ramirez were here.

Baby Fisk
07-04-2005, 03:52 PM
Is Joe trying to grow big sideburns? He was sporting a "shaggier" look out there in California.

Frater Perdurabo
07-04-2005, 04:57 PM
Robin Ventura (greatest 3rd baseman in the history of baseball)...

:thud:

Wade Boggs? George Brett? Mike Schmidt? Even Scott Rolen is on pace to surpass Ventura's career batting statistics, and he's already won an equal number of Gold Gloves.

Robin was a damn fine player, and probably the best third baseman in White Sox history, but no way was he the greatest third baseman in the history of baseball...

Jurr
07-04-2005, 05:03 PM

Wade Boggs? George Brett? Mike Schmidt? Even Scott Rolen is on pace to surpass Ventura's career batting statistics, and he's already won an equal number of Gold Gloves.

Robin was a damn fine player, and probably the best third baseman in White Sox history, but no way was he the greatest third baseman in the history of baseball...
Brooks Robinson? Pie Traynor? Home Run Baker? EDDIE FREAKIN' MATTHEWS?

Yeah. I can't put Robin Ventura even in the top 15 third basemen of all time.

Baby Fisk
07-04-2005, 05:04 PM

Best Grand Slam Hitting Third Baseman In The History of Baseball. Better? :cool:

Frater Perdurabo
07-04-2005, 05:24 PM
Best Grand Slam Hitting Third Baseman In The History of Baseball. Better? :cool:

Agreed on that one... :cool:

Tragg
07-04-2005, 07:53 PM

For all the pounding he's gotten, he deserves it. His offensive production this season is no worse than AJ's, yet AJ is routinely lauded (chemistry!)

Soxzilla
07-04-2005, 07:58 PM
For all the pounding he's gotten, he deserves it. His offensive production this season is no worse than AJ's, yet AJ is routinely lauded (chemistry!)

AJ has some incredibly clutch hits, though, and the fact he has handled our pitchers so well earns him those free passes.

Tragg
07-04-2005, 08:48 PM
AJ has some incredibly clutch hits, though, and the fact he has handled our pitchers so well earns him those free passes.
I confess not knowing how much of the good pitching is due to AJ, but I'll take your word for it. But then I'll point out Crede's impeccable D.

maurice
07-05-2005, 03:34 PM
Looks like the FOJC jinxed him for the July 4th game:
0-4, 3 K, 4 LOB + unusually bad defensive play.

Every other Sox starter had at least 1 hit.

Or maybe he's just not very good:
.242 AVE / .300 OBP / .430 SLG / .730 OPS so far
this year . . . all worse than his bad career numbers.

His new and improved swing looks like his crappy old swing.

Tragg
07-05-2005, 07:35 PM
Looks like the FOJC jinxed him for the July 4th game:
0-4, 3 K, 4 LOB + unusually bad defensive play.

Every other Sox starter had at least 1 hit.

Or maybe he's just not very good:
.242 AVE / .300 OBP / .430 SLG / .730 OPS so far
this year . . . all worse than his bad career numbers.

His new and improved swing looks like his crappy old swing.

What I'm trying to figure out, is how can those near identical numbers be put on AJ and labelled terrific???

maurice
07-05-2005, 07:43 PM
What I'm trying to figure out, is how can those near identical numbers be put on AJ and labelled terrific???

IMHO, they can't. C obviously is a more important defensive position than 3B, but AJ's not known for his defense. His handling of pitchers, OTOH, has been great. I'm happy with AJ, because I expected him to be a problem in the clubhouse, and I'm very glad that the opposite appears to be true. We also should keep in mind that AJ is a .290 hitter and can be expected to improve his AVE over the 2nd half. Crede, OTOH, is flirting with his career averages and unfortunately hasn't shown any improvement since coming into the league.

Tragg
07-05-2005, 07:54 PM
IMHO, they can't. C obviously is a more important defensive position than 3B, but AJ's not known for his defense. His handling of pitchers, OTOH, has been great. I'm happy with AJ, because I expected him to be a problem in the clubhouse, and I'm very glad that the opposite appears to be true. We also should keep in mind that AJ is a .290 hitter and can be expected to improve his AVE over the 2nd half. Crede, OTOH, is flirting with his career averages and unfortunately hasn't shown any improvement since coming into the league.

I don't know if he calls the pitches or what he does with the pitchers, so if he's the man really handling them, he deserves worlds of credit. Better get his okay before pulling any trigger on Schmidt, I would say. Clubhouse cancer stuff - a lot of that is media exaggeration they pick up from one whining source (and the Twins have a team full of whining babies). Hell, the media spun that Lee was a clubhouse cancer after we traded him (maybe he was, I don't know).

I suspect that much of the like for AJ's offense is due to the contrast with what we expected most of the offseason to have offensively at catcher: Ben Davis, who makes Crede look like Mike Schmidt.