PDA

View Full Version : steve phillips

chisox56
07-03-2005, 12:45 PM
He says roy halladay is more deserving to start the all-star game than buerhle or garland.

OzzieBall2005
07-03-2005, 12:49 PM
Whenever that guy says anything I disagree with, I just remember that he is a FORMER gm. The guy was fired for a reason. His brain must be small.

tweek57
07-03-2005, 12:52 PM
If you're going strickly by stats, Steve Philips is right. Halladay does deserve to start. He leads Buehrle in just about every pitching category.

However if you go by your heart as a Sox fan and the fact that he's the best pitcher on the best team in baseball you gotta go with Mark Buehrle.

tebman
07-03-2005, 01:04 PM
Whenever that guy says anything I disagree with, I just remember that he is a FORMER gm. The guy was fired for a reason. His brain must be small.
I just heard him too, opining on ASG AL starters, and I told my son that there'd be a thread going on this within minutes. I wasn't wrong.:D:

The key words in OB2005's post are "FORMER gm." To take his remarks, you'll need many grains of these:

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:-CPkYMw0qPAJ:http://www.usgtf.com/images/articles/saltShaker.jpg

RallyBowl
07-03-2005, 01:08 PM
:bundy Steve Phillips giving a White Sox the shaft? I can't believe it!

dickallen15
07-03-2005, 01:11 PM
All you need to know about Steve Phillips is 2 1/2 weeks ago he said the Twins would "be in control" of the AL Central by the end of June. Its July 3rd and they are 9 1/2 out. He had over $100 million a year to work with with the Mets, and look at the mess he made.

mrzerofan
07-03-2005, 01:12 PM
And add to the list that he's also a fired general manager with a hundred million dollar payroll.

Sorry DickAllen , I was posting this the same time as you. :D:

kevingrt
07-03-2005, 01:23 PM
:bundy Steve Phillips giving a White Sox the shaft? I can't believe it!

Yeah, I think Phillips still thinks the Indians are going to win the AL Central. This guy has never given anyone on our team any credit. Even Kurkijian, Reynolds, and Kruk have said we are a solid team and will make the playoffs. Whenever any White Sox player or the team is mentioned, Phillips throws us out the window and mentions someone else.

Stupid GM

chitownhawkfan
07-03-2005, 01:30 PM
Lets not forget this is the same man who signed fatty Mo Vaughn to a long term contract, of which he played something like 98 games over 5 seasons. What a loser, but hey he is from the Atlantic Seaboard and we all know he can analyze all of the teams that ESPN cares about. NYY, NYM, BOS, PHI, WAS etc

JermaineDye05
07-03-2005, 01:33 PM
All of them seem to forget, except for gammons, that Buehrle is probably the most consistant starter out there, I mean I can't remember the last time Buehrle had a bad start

TDog
07-03-2005, 01:48 PM
Most people that I hear on national radio believe Halliday should start. I'd love to see him start with three shutout innings, but pitchers generally don't go more than two anymore.

And, really, I would be happy if Sox pitchers didn't pitch at all.

TDog
07-03-2005, 01:50 PM
All of them seem to forget, except for gammons, that Buehrle is probably the most consistant starter out there, I mean I can't remember the last time Buehrle had a bad start

Do you remember the first time this season he pitched in Oakland and gave up two three-run leads?

Lip Man 1
07-03-2005, 01:55 PM
Well Harold Reynolds said the same thing about Halliday.

Ron Rappoport said it best on Chicago Tribune Live Friday when he stated 'unless the Sox get the starting pitcher the team with the best record in baseball won't have anyone on the field...'

The sense that I got was that he was saying it derisively, as an indictment of the All Farce Game.

Lip

joe_tansey2004
07-03-2005, 02:04 PM

Thats true. Gammons has Buehrle as the AL Starter for the All Star game as well as Cy Young due to his streak of consecutive 6 innings or more.

The last time I can remember Buehrle having a bad game was against the Yankees a couple years back. I believe he only lasted 2 innings that game.

Lip Man 1
07-03-2005, 02:11 PM
Joe:

On a related note send me a listing of the video that you have. You have my e-mail address. I sent you my list last night.

Lip

RallyBowl
07-03-2005, 02:16 PM
Do you remember the first time this season he pitched in Oakland and gave up two three-run leads?He didn't lose either of those games, though, did he? I thought his only loss was the sun. night game against the twinkies.