PDA

View Full Version : Official "Take your cowbells and flags and shove em!" Post game thread

soltrain21
07-02-2005, 10:19 PM
Hooray!

Nard
07-02-2005, 10:20 PM
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/7105/comet5si.jpg

RKMeibalane
07-02-2005, 10:20 PM
Yesss!

FielderJones
07-02-2005, 10:21 PM
Way to go, Joe! Sign me up as a FOJC!

Nice insurance hit Timo, with RISP.

John Garland, 13 wins!

And Juan, ya think you could take a pitch or two after they've loaded the bases????:angry:

:winner (misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=5#)

RKMeibalane
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/7105/comet5si.jpg

:rolling:

BeviBall!
Crede definitely the P.O.t.G.

RKMeibalane
Crede definitely the P.O.t.G.

Agreed. He did everything tonight.

Stroker Ace
SOX WIN!!! YESSSSS!!!!!

Stroker Ace
07-02-2005, 10:22 PM
Let's hope to take 2 out of 3 tomorrow!

RadioheadRocks
07-02-2005, 10:23 PM
Bring on the Dancing 'Nanas!!!

:supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana:

whitesoxfan
:winner

good, now lets win the series in that dump of a stadium tomorrow. Turning point of the game was when Garland got out of that bases loaded jam by only allowing 1...the rest took care of itself.

nice homer Joe and heck even Timo got in the act in the 9th inning :cool:

Cowhead418
YESSSSS! Oakland can go to hell now! :supernana: :) :cool: :smile: :D: And that IBB to Crede didn't count.

bobelou72
Bases loaded no out only give up only one run Way to go Jon:)

SoxFanSince67
07-02-2005, 10:24 PM
Way to go, Joe! Sign me up as a FOJC!

And Juan, ya think you could take a pitch or two after they've loaded the bases????:angry:

:winner (http://misc.php/?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=5#)\\

I was yelling the same thing at my TV as was countelss others. But, good win...loved DJ's comment about bringing in a chicken to change the luck!

Kogs35
07-02-2005, 10:25 PM
finally nice work boys great job jon. :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

mike squires
Yes!!! Can't keep the Sox down for long! So happy for John boy and guys like Timo comes through late in the game in his role. You gotta love it. I hope we can take 2 out of three. BUT, not only are we in Oakland but it's a day game. Not a good combination. Hopefull Mark can keep it going.

RallyBowl
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/7105/comet5si.jpg:rolling: Now that'swhat I call comedy.

Madvora
07-02-2005, 10:26 PM
Buehrle tomorrow. Could we possibly take two of three?

Get rid of those demons!

TheOldRoman
07-02-2005, 10:27 PM
:crede
"Hey Chavez, I heard the A's called the Sox offering you, Zito, and cash for me."

owensmouth
07-02-2005, 10:27 PM
I'm hoping it's a cloudy day in Oakland tomorrow.

mccoydp
07-02-2005, 10:28 PM
Great win for Garland, and nice HR by Crede!

Looking forward to Buehrle outlasting Zito tomorrow!

RallyBowl
07-02-2005, 10:28 PM
Great game all around. Prior would have shut them out, and chavez would have- aw,screw it. We rule! let's get 'em tomorrow, MB!

Hendu
07-02-2005, 10:30 PM
YES!

It's one of those games where you have that bad 'here we go again' feeling in your stomach because it's Oakland where we always lose and the airhorns and cowbells are going crazy. But then big Jon settles down and Crede shows us why we don't need to give away the farm for Chavez. Nice to see Crede getting intentionally walked (Juan, if you're gonna swing on the 1st pitch with the bases loaded, make sure it's a pitch you can drive next time).

I'm expecting Buehrle to shut em down tomorrow and we'll have won our first series in Oakland since...well, it seems like forever.

SpringfldFan
07-02-2005, 10:31 PM
What a gutsy win #13 for Cy-G!

ChiSox14305635
07-02-2005, 10:31 PM
:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: I hate Oakland so I'm lovin' this team right now!:bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

CubKilla
07-02-2005, 10:33 PM
Congrats Jon on winning number 13..... 1 better than the 12 you won all of last year..... and THIS BEFORE the AllStar break.

Man..... I love it when I'm wrong like this :bandance:

TheOldRoman
07-02-2005, 10:35 PM
:crede

"Hey Chavez, you like my glove? Thats how you play ball."

Mercy!
07-02-2005, 10:36 PM
Oakland? Curses? We don't got no stinkin' curses!

One more W to go.

chitownhawkfan
07-02-2005, 10:36 PM
I dont really hate the players on Oakland as much as I hate how we always blow when we play at the Colliseum, I really hate Billy Beane. Someone made a good point about lets see Money Ball work now that Victor Conte is out of the Oakland locker room. Call me when they make it out of the first round of the playoffs, oh wait better yet, call me if they even make the playoffs this year. I think Timo Perez is trying to keep his roster spot, but even that double wont be enough sorry Timo.

:andy
I hate Billy Beane, and FOBB's are insane

PicktoCLick72
07-02-2005, 10:37 PM
To the untrained eye it looks like another win, but we never seem to have a game like this in Oakland. Some kind of problem always seems to come up. Well, not today. Gutsy pitching by Garland and clutch hitting by Crede. Guess his trade value is going up.

Brian26
07-02-2005, 10:40 PM
Is it me or does Network Associates (or McAfee or whatever it's called now) have the most annoying sound system and music selection ever?

White Sox Josh
07-02-2005, 10:42 PM
Does anyone think that Garland could have 15 wins by the All Star Break? I think he might have a shot since he might have 2 more starts before the break.

chisox77
07-02-2005, 10:43 PM
I hate those stupid airhorns at the:

1. Alemeda County Colesium, or
2. Network Associates Colesium, or
3. MacAfee Colesium, or
4. Whatever they decide to call that dump the next time the Sox visit.

I have grown to hate that place, but tomorrow will bring the Sox an opportunity to win a series there, since Buerhle is going. In fact, put it on the board!!! Win number 55 coming up.

Jerome
07-02-2005, 10:44 PM
I dont really hate the players on Oakland as much as I hate how we always blow when we play at the Colliseum, I really hate Billy Beane. Someone made a good point about lets see Money Ball work now that Victor Conte is out of the Oakland locker room. Call me when they make it out of the first round of the playoffs, oh wait better yet, call me if they even make the playoffs this year. I think Timo Perez is trying to keep his roster spot, but even that double wont be enough sorry Timo.

I hate Billy Beane, and FOBB's are insane

Please. I agree that the A's, by virtue of location, will have questions about roids but c'mon. Conte in the locker room? The A's have played in a helluva lot more playoff games than us recently, I'd take first round exits to second place finishes any day.

However, knowing the sometimes arrogant and obnxious history of FOBB on this board, I can see why the A's are so hated.

CanBuehrleWait
07-02-2005, 10:45 PM
Here's too you big Jon :gulp:X13?!?!.... Nah but good way to kick off some 4th of July partying.

TheOldRoman
07-02-2005, 10:45 PM
Does anyone think that Garland could have 15 wins by the All Star Break? I think he might have a shot since he might have 2 more starts before the break.
The all star game is on July 12. He will get one more start before it. Likely on Friday.

DickAllen72
07-02-2005, 10:52 PM
Crede is outplaying Chavez in his own house! :bandance:

Nice game tonight by Willie. Key hit and stolen base, scoring the winning run. :bandance: :bandance:

Let's take the series from Oakland tomorrow! :gulp:

elrod
07-02-2005, 10:56 PM
Big win tonight. The bases loaded jam was it because the A's never threatened again.

I was thrilled to see us score against Duchscherer. He's been lights out all year.

Lip Man 1
07-02-2005, 11:08 PM
Whew....at least they got a win. Anything tomorrow is gravy.

West when you get a chance post your impressions from the game this evening.

Lip

infohawk
07-02-2005, 11:13 PM
Great win! I have to admit that I thought we were snake-bitten again after the bases were loaded with nobody out. This victory in Oakland should be a major psychological boost for the Sox.

Ol' No. 2
07-02-2005, 11:14 PM
:jon Take your curse and shove it!

elrod
07-02-2005, 11:17 PM
This is the first time since 2000 that the Sox won more than 1 game in Oakland in the season.

Mercy!
07-02-2005, 11:22 PM
Gee, I donít want to rain on any Oakland fanís parade, but arenít the obnoxious blasts from those air horns a danger to the hearing of anyone sitting close by? Anyway, just for yucks, herewith some official policy:

Oakland City Ordinances: Oakland Municipal Codes
8.44.030 Activities prohibited within the stadium and arena.

J. No person shall bring into or possess within the stadium or the arena any noise-making device including but not necessarily limited to air horns, powered megaphones, bugles, drums, tambourines or other musical instruments unless expressly authorized.

From the Oakland Aís "Ballpark A-to-Z Guide"

Noisemakers, cowbells, air horns, drums, cell phones, and all items that make a noise are allowed in the stadium. However, their use, frequency and location are at the discretion of management. If there are complaints about these items being used, their use should be stopped.

Howís that for the stadium owners having all their bases covered?

So, local White Sox fans, how about lodging some complaints when you attend the game tomorrow?

Edit: color added to avoid teal police

White Sox Josh
07-02-2005, 11:26 PM
Gee, I donít want to rain on any Oakland fanís parade, but arenít the obnoxious blasts from those air horns a danger to the hearing of anyone sitting close by? Anyway, just for yucks, herewith some official policy:

J. No person shall bring into or possess within the stadium or the arena any noise-making device including but not necessarily limited to air horns, powered megaphones, bugles, drums, tambourines or other musical instruments unless expressly authorized.

Noisemakers, cowbells, air horns, drums, cell phones, and all items that make a noise are allowed in the stadium. However, their use, frequency and location are at the discretion of management. If there are complaints about these items being used, their use should be stopped.

So, local White Sox fans, how about lodging some complaints when you attend the game tomorrow?But I gotta have more Cowbell.

Fake Chet Lemon
07-02-2005, 11:40 PM
John Garland, 13 wins!

Man, where is that patented Juan Uribe strike out with runners in scoring position when you need it?

But how about Jon Garland working out of those big innings and only giving up one or zero runs when in the past he would get bombed? Ozzie, you are the reason Big Jon has finally matured. THANK YOU OZZIE, THANK YOU OZZIE, THANK YOU OZZIE! Big Jon may match Kerry Wood's career high 14 games by the flippen All Star break. YES! :D:

PeteWard
07-02-2005, 11:43 PM
The box score says that Pollitte and Hermanson both retired three batters on 5 and 7 pitches respectively. I did not see the game. If so that is some incredible bullpen work.Are those numbers correct?

DSpivack
07-02-2005, 11:44 PM
What a gutsy win #13 for Cy-G!

Cy Young for Garland?

At this point of the season, I wouldn't give it to him.

I'd give it to Buehrle!

soxjim
07-02-2005, 11:50 PM
Currently on a baseball road trip glad to see the game was on WGN tonight able to watch from the 7th inning on. I do want to know what is up with these California teams. The A's change their name to their stadium again. and who knows what the Angels will call themselves by the time they come here in September.

SpringfldFan
07-02-2005, 11:59 PM
Cy Young for Garland?

At this point of the season, I wouldn't give it to him.

I'd give it to Buehrle!

Yeah, Mark is certainly more deserving, but Garland is having a Cy Young quality season in his own right. Anwyay, I can't give that nickname to Mark. His should be CY-B!!!:D:

SFF

RadioheadRocks
07-03-2005, 12:05 AM
Yeah, Mark is certainly more deserving, but Garland is having a Cy Young quality season in his own right. Anwyay, I can't give that nickname to Mark. His should be CY-B!!!:D:

SFF

Either way you look at it, how cool is it to have 2 deserving pitchers on the same team? Gotta love it!!!

dcb33
07-03-2005, 12:19 AM

So, local White Sox fans, how about lodging some complaints when you attend the game tomorrow?

Edit: color added to avoid teal police

Do you think you could make a bigger mountain out of this molehill? I think the airhorns are kinda cool. The fans of every team have their quirks: Oakland fans like to blow their airhorns, Sox fans like to sing Kiss Him Goodbye while fireworks explode whenever anyone on the Sox hits a homerun or a visiting pitcher gets yanked (minus the fireworks). Stuff like this makes it more fun for fans of the home team and it doesn't (or at least shouldn't) distract the players as they are professionals who aren't as thin-skinned as you.

The turning point in tonight's game was in the 6th for Jon Garland, and it really illustrated the difference between this year's Jon Garland and the Jon Garland of the past. If this was last year (or any of the last 4 years for that matter), "Judy" would've completely melted down and given up his standard 4-6 run inning. Instead, he didn't get rattled, continued throwing strikes, got out of it with realtively little damage, and picked up his 13th win. Congratulations, Jon, Sox fans everywhere are proud of you!

Go get 'em tomorrow, Mark! Make it a 5-1 road trip!

slobes
07-03-2005, 12:24 AM
Jon Garland rocks my world.

Has he gotten a decision in every start this season?

rwcescato
07-03-2005, 12:29 AM
Let's hope to take 2 out of 3 tomorrow!

With mark pitching tomorrow it sure looks good. We shall see. if we win its a 5-1 road trip if not its 4-2. Still pretty damn good.
GO GO GO YOU WHITE SOX !!!!
Rich:supernana:

johnnyg83
07-03-2005, 12:29 AM
And Freddy is just as hot as Buehrle abd hotter than Garland.

SoxSpeed22
07-03-2005, 12:45 AM
Awesome win. Let's win a series in Oakland for the first time since the last time we made the playoffs.

ShoelessJoeS
07-03-2005, 12:52 AM

SFF
i love how we argue about which sox pitcher is most deserving of the cy young, not because we want to, because we can....GO SOX!
:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

DaleJRFan
07-03-2005, 01:41 AM
I missed the game, was at my godson's first bday party... can someone please explain to me why Crede "did it all"... I know his got a big HR... but did he make some heavenly play at 3B or something?? I need ammo for the Crede-haters who seemingly won't give up on their fight to run ol' Joe outa town.

kojak
07-03-2005, 01:47 AM
What an awesome freakin' game! The house was packed with 45,000+ and it was a GREAT night for baseball. Garland looked on from the get-go and even when they got those first 2 runs, he still kept his poise. Then bases loaded no outs and only 1-run- Mercy! I called Crede's shot- just had a feeling.

The best part of the game was when Ellis grounded into the DP in the 5th inning. We were right behind the Sox dugout about 5 rows back and had been bugging Paulie for a ball and right after the DP he comes over and flips the ball to my daughter who caught it! I'll have to post a picture later, but it was as cool as the time Gerald Levert gave her a teddy bear at the Luther Vandross concert 3 years ago.

Oh, and before I forget Curse this!

Chisox003
07-03-2005, 01:49 AM
I missed the game, was at my godson's first bday party... can someone please explain to me why Crede "did it all"... I know his got a big HR... but did he make some heavenly play at 3B or something?? I need ammo for the Crede-haters who seemingly won't give up on their fight to run ol' Joe outa town.

Ya the crede haters need to go away...Now

As do all the dark clouds...Apparently 29 games over is too much for them, judging from this post game's number of responses

Dark Clouds, crede haters, konerko haters, dye haters....Whoever, need to be pushed aside at this point...13 wins for Garland, 9 games over the Twins, and going for 30 games over .500 on July 3rd is just to much good for anybody to bring this season down...

Even the media in our own city cant ruin 2005 at this point

S05X

lostletters
07-03-2005, 01:50 AM

Crede had 2 RBIs in the game, a HR and a base hit.

Also he was involved in a couple of key double plays (guy on third, one out). Even my brother who is a perpetual Crede hater said he did great in todays game. Hell Crede was even INTENTIONALLY WALKED. Great leather and great hitting from Crede tonight. I really hope he keeps this up, because he is capable of being a top quality player. He just has some bad habits that he keeps falling into in the batters box.

DaleJRFan
07-03-2005, 01:56 AM

As do all the dark clouds...Apparently 29 games over is too much for them, judging from this post game's number of responses

Dark Clouds, crede haters, konerko haters, dye haters....Whoever, need to be pushed aside at this point...13 wins for Garland, 9 games over the Twins, and going for 30 games over .500 on July 3rd is just to much good for anybody to bring this season down...

S05X

Amen.

DaleJRFan
07-03-2005, 01:58 AM
Crede had 2 RBIs in the game, a HR and a base hit.

Also he was involved in a couple of key double plays (guy on third, one out). Even my brother who is a perpetual Crede hater said he did great in todays game. Hell Crede was even INTENTIONALLY WALKED. Great leather and great hitting from Crede tonight. I really hope he keeps this up, because he is capable of being a top quality player. He just has some bad habits that he keeps falling into in the batters box.

Thanks dude. I watched the highlights of the game and saw a slo-mo of Crede's HR stroke... what a beautiful swing... I wish he could put that swing down every at-bat.

Crede's glove + clutch hitting + league minimum $$$ >> Eric Chavez.

Hendu
07-03-2005, 02:18 AM
Do you think you could make a bigger mountain out of this molehill? I think the airhorns are kinda cool. The fans of every team have their quirks: Oakland fans like to blow their airhorns, Sox fans like to sing Kiss em Goodbye and blow up fireworks whenever anyone on or a visiting pitcher gets yanked (minus the fireworks). Stuff like this makes it more fun for fans of the home team and it doesn't (or at least shouldn't) distract the players as they are professionals who aren't as thin-skinned as you.

The turning point in tonight's game was in the 6th for Jon Garland, and it really illustrated the difference between this year's Jon Garland and the Jon Garland of the past. If this was last year (or any of the last 4 years for that matter), "Judy" would've completely melted down and given up his standard 4-6 run inning. Instead, he didn't get rattled, continued throwing strikes, got out of it with realtively little damage, and picked up his 13th win. Congratulations, Jon, Sox fans everywhere are proud of you!

Go get 'em tomorrow, Mark! Make it a 5-1 road trip!

The air horns and just the general atmosphere at A's games seems cool. It reminds me of a soccer game. However, it is also really effective because it adds to the sense of dread when you're a Sox fan and you know our recent history out there (not sure how it affects the players).

Whatever happened to the percussion section they used to have at games? I remember whenever Tejada came to the plate, they played 'Tequila' and everybody chanted 'Tejada!' instead of 'Tequila.' That was awesome.

When Nancy retires, JR (or whoever owns the team) should hire a college football-style matching band and seat them in the corner of the upper deck. It'd be far enough away where it'd be background noise, but it would be fun and the noise would get into the opposing team's head.

Have any of you watched a Brazilian soccer match? Those samba drummers go non-stop for the entire 90 minutes. Wow.

iamkoza
07-03-2005, 02:35 AM
the airhorns need to go, this ISNT soccer, it's baseball. I just assumed those idiot raider fans were also a's fans, maybe they dont dress up though

FarWestChicago
07-03-2005, 02:54 AM
Whew....at least they got a win. Anything tomorrow is gravy.

West when you get a chance post your impressions from the game this evening.

LipWell, they looked like themselves, Lip. After Garland gave them that second run I had the "****, here we go again" feeling. Ode was even giving me hell for being like a Dark Cloud, LOL. But Garland has changed. He just kept going. He never tweaked. And the Sox kept the pressure on the A's. They are the ones that cracked this time, kind of like Jan Ulrich with Lance Armstrong on his ass.

I'm not sure if Crede's homer counts. Ode and I were discussing the Shoota Scoring since the Sox subsequently scored in the 9th. Does that reduce Crede's homer to "garbage time" and make it irrelevant?

All in all it was a tough night for the Dark Clouds and a very tough night for the FOBB's. We stayed for the postgame fireworks and they were pretty good.

I'm feeling lucky. Ode and I are going to see Burly-mon tomorrow. :cool:

BTW, the Oakland Alameda County Network Associates McAfee Coliseum has a very, very nice pub on the premises. Ode and I spent a lot of time in there. :D:

jabrch
07-03-2005, 02:55 AM
Almost 46,000 fans showed up in Oakland to watch their As lose. That's sweet!

FarWestChicago
07-03-2005, 02:57 AM
Almost 46,000 fans showed up in Oakland to watch their As lose. That's sweet!Fireworks night.

Hendu
07-03-2005, 02:59 AM
the airhorns need to go, this ISNT soccer, it's baseball. I just assumed those idiot raider fans were also a's fans, maybe they dont dress up though

Tell that to the morons who took 'the wave' from soccer matches. At least people who have airhorns are into the game, unlike fans who are cheering the progression of the wave instead of watching their team (Anaheim fans: I'm looking at you).

But I just like having a unique atmosphere at a stadium. For example, White Sox fans are much more vocal at games than say, people at PNC who give you dirty looks if you start to heckle a player. Or that drummer that goes to Indians games, the opera singer in Detroit, etc.

Anyways, the airhorns aren't going anywhere.

iamkoza
07-03-2005, 03:06 AM
http://www.shellen.com/gallery/shooter-mcgavin.jpg
""Damn you people. This is baseball. Not a rock concert. Go back to your shanties""

I suppose the airhorns are not nearly as annoying as fireworks going off for 30 minutes, and 1 more game and i wont have to compalin about it for another year :)

jabrch
07-03-2005, 03:07 AM
Fireworks night.

If we sold out every single fireworks night, JR would spend more money on...fireworks!

46,000 is a great crowd for them - right? I guess with the First Place Sox in town, a team they have beaten before, given their play the past few weeks, they have no reason not to draw.

It would be cool if the Sox start drawing great road crowds. That's always a good sign.

FarWestChicago
07-03-2005, 03:10 AM
46,000 is a great crowd for them - right? I guess with the First Place Sox in town, a team they have beaten before, given their play the past few weeks, they have no reason not to draw.

It would be cool if the Sox start drawing great road crowds. That's always a good sign.The A's do not draw 46,000. They have more fans on these forums than they do in the Bay Area. :D: It was the fireworks. There really weren't that many Sox fans there. We talked to a few.

jabrch
07-03-2005, 03:11 AM
The A's do not draw 46,000. They have more fans on these forums than they do in the Bay Area. :D: It was the fireworks. There really weren't that many Sox fans there. We talked to a few.

Cool...I guess they don't do fireworks as often as we do?

balke
07-03-2005, 03:23 AM
You know, he ain't no Iguchi, but I'm really glad we kept Willie on this team. His speed is refreshing off the bench, and he handles 2B well. There was one play tonight (Chavez RBI) that I thought Iguchi would've been able to make a play on while Willie didn't, but Willie is a great fill-in off the bench nonetheless. Not everyone can be as good as Iguchi at 2B. Great steal, and Frank has always seemed to like driving Willie home.

kojak
07-03-2005, 03:42 AM
Tell that to the morons who took 'the wave' from soccer matches. At least people who have airhorns are into the game, unlike fans who are cheering the progression of the wave instead of watching their team (Anaheim fans: I'm looking at you).

I was surprised to see the A's fans get The Wave going. Of coors, my kids loved it and chided me for not joining in. I disdainfully responded "The Wave is SO '80s!"

To which my eldest replied "So are you!"

I guess that shut me up...

Mr. White Sox
07-03-2005, 03:51 AM
Jon Garland rocks my world.

Has he gotten a decision in every start this season?

Yes.

Well, before the series, I predicted 2/3 @ OAK and 1/3 vs. OAK...
let's hope I'm right on the first part and wrong on the second!

EdHerman12
07-03-2005, 07:04 AM
Fireworks or not, I was glad to see 46K at the game. JG stayed in control, and the guys came through with the hits. All I know is this...when we get a guy on first against this team Ozzie needs to turn them loose because Kendall simply cannot throw a runner out at second. I'm not sure if that'll be a factor with Zito on the hill today.

I'm kind of curious as to how the Sox have done @ Oakland all-time. Yesterday we kind of beat the "It's Oakland" drum. When I go back to the early 70's A's (Reggie, Bando, Campy, Catfish) we could never win there. However we would always do well in our place. And then I think of the fact that usually a single pitcher throws a 9 inning no-hitter, but what do the Sox do in Oakland in '76? They use 4 pitchers to get it done...

Well, at the beginning of the road trip I thought we could take them all in the Motor City, and take 2 of 3 in Oakland so just one more to go and then we come home to face the D-Rays who I've watched the past few nights get out played by the Twinkies....

:burly vs Zito......best match up in MLB today!

GO SOX! :gulp: <----------ready to do a lot of this today:wink:

The Racehorse
07-03-2005, 07:31 AM
Last night's win was important for two reasons.

It ensured a 4-2 road trip at least, with the chance to go 5-1...along with the possibility of winning a series out there since the 2000 season.

Also, the win has to be a huge mental-monkey off of Garland's back because he posted his career season-high of 13 wins. Because Jon crashed his previous season high of 12 on the fly, he's got to be brimming with confidence as he sails into his own unchartered waters.

Realist
07-03-2005, 09:29 AM

When Garland loaded the bases with nobody out I saw him walk around the mound and the look on his face was completely focused and determined. I was very impressed, and he actually made me feel very hopeful. I was actually a little excited to see what he was going to do with the mess on his plate.

I figured it would be really tough to get out of that inning completely unscathed and the fact that the Sox are in Oakland did make me a little nervous.

Jon Garland is not a fluke. He's always had the skills, but he needed a little bit of time to mature and learn the finer points of his trade. He's actually a year a head of schedule from what I predicted.

Judy is dead. Long live Jon.

Jurr
07-03-2005, 10:20 AM
When Garland loaded the bases with nobody out I saw him walk around the mound and the look on his face was completely focused and determined. I was very impressed, and he actually made me feel very hopeful. I was actually a little excited to see what he was going to do with the mess on his plate.

I figured it would be really tough to get out of that inning completely unscathed and the fact that the Sox are in Oakland did make me a little nervous.

Jon Garland is not a fluke. He's always had the skills, but he needed a little bit of time to mature and learn the finer points of his trade. He's actually a year a head of schedule from what I predicted.

Judy is dead. Long live Jon.
Couldn't have said it better myself. And, on that note, it's peanut butter jelly time. :supernana:

CubKilla
07-03-2005, 10:47 AM
The box score says that Pollitte and Hermanson both retired three batters on 5 and 7 pitches respectively. I did not see the game. If so that is some incredible bullpen work.Are those numbers correct?

Pretty sure they are. The bottom of the 8th and 9th just flew by. Politte and Hermanson were EN FUEGO

Realist
07-03-2005, 10:49 AM
Couldn't have said it better myself. And, on that note, it's peanut butter jelly time. :supernana:
Wuzzup, Bro? It was great serendipitously meeting and hanging out with you and your honey at Jimbo's after that game. We had a blast and my friend couldn't stop talking about what a great day we had. You two were a big part of it. When you move back to Chicago, you're my dentist, but I gotta warn ya... you're not gonna get rich off me. I've never had a cavity. :cool:

Peanut butter jelly with a baseball bat!

MeanFish
07-03-2005, 10:57 AM
http://213.133.111.165/%7Egabriela/textbilder/inhalt_snl_neu_60.jpg

"I've got a fever, and the only prescription...is more cowbell!"

skobabe8
07-03-2005, 11:34 AM

"I've got a fever, and the only prescription...is more cowbell!"

I hate the airhorns and cowbells. Why does the guy with the airhorn (one of them) seem to blow the horn when the A's are up to bat and right when the batter is about to swing? Is that guy a moron? Does he think he's helping?

chitownhawkfan
07-03-2005, 11:40 AM

S05X

AMEN! I couldnt have said it any better

chitownhawkfan
07-03-2005, 11:44 AM
I know this is beating a dead horse
:deadhorse:
But I stayed up to watch Baseball ToNYght and they didnt even show Crede's home run on touch em all, what a farce this network has made themselves out to be, the Sox get no love.

soltrain21
07-03-2005, 12:10 PM
I know this is beating a dead horse
:deadhorse:
But I stayed up to watch Baseball ToNYght and they didnt even show Crede's home run on touch em all, what a farce this network has made themselves out to be, the Sox get no love.

They did do a very nice segment on Jon, though. Also, Brantley called Hermanson "lights out."

RallyBowl
07-03-2005, 12:11 PM

"I've got a fever, and the only prescription...is more cowbell!"Nice.

RallyBowl
07-03-2005, 12:35 PM
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/7105/comet5si.jpg Mods, can we Please get this on the smilie list?

Lip Man 1
07-03-2005, 12:52 PM
Ed:

In August 1972 the 'outhouse to penthouse' White Sox played perhaps the most gripping series of the decade in Oakland. The two teams split the four games. That series included a suspended Friday night game that wound up going 19 innings and finished Saturday, a Cub castoff outdueling Catfish Hunter, Wilbur Wood firing a two hitter yet needing a extra inning inning home run from Ed Spezio to get the win and a Vida Blue shutout.

The Sox did well against the A's in Oakland in the 70's when they actually had good teams in 72 and 77. They also did fine in the 80's and 90's.

This is a recent thing.

By the way Herrmann talks about that August 72 series in his WSI Interview.

Lip

JohnBasedowYoda
07-03-2005, 02:04 PM
Sox fans like to sing Kiss Him Goodbye while fireworks explode whenever anyone on the Sox hits a homerun or a visiting pitcher gets yanked (minus the fireworks)

we don't do that when a guy is trying to pitch or trying to bat.

FarWestChicago
07-04-2005, 01:28 AM
But I stayed up to watch Baseball ToNYght and they didnt even show Crede's home run on touch em all, what a farce this network has made themselves out to be, the Sox get no love.It's possible shoota is an employee of the Tabloid. He probably didn't count the homer and had it pulled from the show.