PDA

View Full Version : Wow, just made a nice find from the 1985 season

Bisco Stu
07-02-2005, 04:54 PM
On a VHS tape sent to me from back home in Chi. Sox vs. Tiggers, Seaver pitching of course. I usually taped all his games. Forgot about this one. Alan Trammell on 3rd, and the ball is hit to a rookie Ozzie (so young, soooo skinny) and he throws a dart to Pudge who masterfully blocks Trammell off the plate and tags him out even though Trammell beat the throw.

Funny to see Ozzie and Trammel competing on the field as players, 20 years later exactly, and now it's as managers. Still Tiggers vs. Sox though.

BRDSR
07-02-2005, 06:45 PM
Tiggers...
Tiggers

Okay, I want to get something straight. Do we, at WSI, sometimes refer to the Tigers as the Tiggers, like we sometimes refer to them as the Kitties? Or do some people really need to stop confusing the Tigers with a certain loveable character from Winnie the Pooh?

BTW, that would be cool to see. That was the year I was born, I'd love to see what Ozzie was doing on the field that year, haha.

RKMeibalane
07-02-2005, 06:52 PM
Okay, I want to get something straight. Do we, at WSI, sometimes refer to the Tigers as the Tiggers, like we sometimes refer to them as the Kitties? Or do some people really need to stop confusing the Tigers with a certain loveable character from Winnie the Pooh?

BTW, that would be cool to see. That was the year I was born, I'd love to see what Ozzie was doing on the field that year, haha.

We do sometimes refer to them as the Tiggers.

BRDSR
07-02-2005, 06:53 PM
We do sometimes refer to them as the Tiggers.

Haha, okay. It sure seemed like an inordinate number of people making that "mistake."