july 2 3-2
july 3 1-3
july 4 1-4

not including this year

out of those games
they have played minnesota 6 times
and are 4-2 against them

sox played tampa on july 4 2003

Yeah, the hottest most miserable day of my life. You'd just be sitting in a chair in the backyard and sweating your balls off. Then to top it off, Koch gives up a 3 run homer to lose it for us just when we needed to put together a winning streak.

In 2001, we beat the Twins in the bottom of the ninth on an Alomar double.

mrzerofan
07-02-2005, 06:22 PM
:angry:

Oh, it gets me mad thinking about Krotch...

RKMeibalane
07-02-2005, 06:55 PM
Yeah, the hottest most miserable day of my life. You'd just be sitting in a chair in the backyard and sweating your balls off. Then to top it off, Koch gives up a 3 run homer to lose it for us just when we needed to put together a winning streak.

July 2, 2003: One of the most memorable nights in recent Sox history. This game marked the South Side debuts of Carl Everett and Roberto Alomar. The Sox trailed the Twins 6-5 in the tenth when the slumping Paul Konerko stepped in to face Eddie Guardado, the Twins closer. Konerko proceded to drive a fastball into the left-center field seats, prompting Hawk Harrelson to exclaim, "And Paul Konerko has tied this game at six!"

The game ended in the twelth, as Frank Thomas added his second homer of the evening, also off Guardado, to win the game 8-6.

slobes
07-03-2005, 12:17 AM
July 2, 2003: One of the most memorable nights in recent Sox history. This game marked the South Side debuts of Carl Everett and Roberto Alomar. The Sox trailed the Twins 6-5 in the tenth when the slumping Paul Konerko stepped in to face Eddie Guardado, the Twins closer. Konerko proceded to drive a fastball into the left-center field seats, prompting Hawk Harrelson to exclaim, "And Paul Konerko has tied this game at six!"

The game ended in the twelth, as Frank Thomas added his second homer of the evening, also off Guardado, to win the game 8-6.

I'll never forget that game, I ran around the room screaming after Frank's homer, causing me to lose my voice.

SoxSpeed22
07-03-2005, 12:50 AM

The game ended in the twelth, as Frank Thomas added his second homer of the evening, also off Guardado, to win the game 8-6.That ruled. Also my favorite Sox memory. (See my profile)
July's always been a tough month for us. Hopefully we can get through it with a great record.

whitesoxwilkes
07-03-2005, 01:06 AM

Only one place that could have been worse than being in your backyard sweating your balls off...and that was at the Trop to witness the big choke in person. Brutal.

CubKilla
07-03-2005, 10:52 AM

I think that blown save was my most memorable Botch botch (there were so many botches too). After winning the previous game and sweeping MIN to lose a game like that on a HR to a guy who's cross-eyed, hurt BAD.

Thank God for the 2005 Sox. They have almost made meforget about this game in 2003.

Close 2nd's and 3rd's were in 2004 on 06/02 and 06/06 in OAK and SEZ respectively. I need a :gulp: now just thinking about it.

Realist
07-03-2005, 11:03 AM

Oh baby! I was there on the left field concourse with my brother and one of my best friends. The Sox security guy standing inside the plastic chain in front of us turned around all angry like and yelled, "Arrgh!! Why the hell are they putting HIM in?" when Konerko came in to pinch hit. I pointed at the guard and told him, "You better turn around or he's going to miss the home run!" The crack of Konerko's bat could be heard as I was in mid sentence.

When Frank hit that moon shot I was probably the most excited I've ever been in my life. I jumped about 9 feet in the air began running around the concourse like a cat with the late nite crazies. Man that was big fun.

whtsx1959
07-03-2005, 12:41 PM

That was an amazing game, didn't Herbert "the milkman" Perry score the winning run?

Brian26
07-03-2005, 07:34 PM

One of those games you'll never forget...just like Robin's grand slam on 7/31/91 off Gossage, the CLee slam against the Cubs, or even AJ's homer against the Dodgers this year. I was at the 7/2/03 game...the bleachers were electric.