batted .213 since June 14. He has one home run in the past
16 games and has no RBIs in the past 10. He has been pelted
with choruses of boos during the four games of this
homestand...Sosa said he is confident he can return to
vintage form, despite growing concerns that he is
experiencing a swift decline at age 36."

Looks like his career is in trouble since MLB took away his
"Flintstone vitamins."

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050702&content_id=1112455&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb
:nandrolone

RKMeibalane
07-02-2005, 04:39 PM
Frank's slugging percentage alone is almost higher than Sosa's OPS.

Madvora
07-02-2005, 04:50 PM
"After a 35-minute meeting with Sosa before Saturday's game,
Mazzilli decided to sit the slugger for an undetermined
time.....Sosa is 1 for his past 34 over nine games and has
batted .213 since June 14. He has one home run in the past
16 games and has no RBIs in the past 10. He has been pelted
with choruses of boos during the four games of this
homestand...Sosa said he is confident he can return to
vintage form, despite growing concerns that he is
experiencing a swift decline at age 36."

Looks like his career is in trouble since MLB took away his
"Flintstone vitamins."

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050702&content_id=1112455&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

That's really strange. What in the world would cause a drastic drop in performance from one year to the next?

Mr. White Sox
07-02-2005, 04:53 PM
That's really strange. What in the world would cause a drastic drop in performance from one year to the next?

Self-doubt

ja1022
07-02-2005, 06:24 PM

The manager? He misses his buddies on the Cubs? Too many crab cakes?
Hmmmmmmmm.

SOX ADDICT '73
07-02-2005, 08:13 PM
Mazzilli decided to sit the slugger for an undetermined time.
It's nice to see how a manger with some stones handles The Cheat.

SOXSINCE'70
07-02-2005, 08:19 PM
I applaud Lee Mazilli.If the steroid taking,corked bat swinging
fool won't listen,sit his ass down.Nice cajones,Lee Mazilli.:cool:

CubKilla
07-02-2005, 11:38 PM
Too bad we weren't seeing this kind of performance from Sam-roids in a Cubs uniform. Take ShamME's steroids and corked bats away from him and ShamME is just another baseball player.

cubhater
07-03-2005, 11:33 AM
I applaud Lee Mazilli.If the steroid taking,corked bat swinging
fool won't listen,sit his ass down.Nice cajones,Lee Mazilli.:cool:

Way to go Lee! But I still have one nagging question...Why did it take 35 minutes to tell him that he's sitting out?!?!?! Couldn't Mazzilli, out of respect because he's a vet, just tell him, "Sammie, you're in a long funk, the team is falling in the standings, I'm benching you so we can possibly turn it around, and you'll play in spot situations in hopes that you get your swing back. Meeting over."

I wonder if Sosa will blab to the media that Mazzilli is the worst manager he's ever played for and blames him for everything?:rolleyes:

Stroker Ace
07-03-2005, 12:22 PM
Scammy benched.....:rolling: :roflmao:

Unregistered
07-03-2005, 01:04 PM
Too bad we weren't seeing this kind of performance from Sam-roids in a Cubs uniform. Take ShamME's steroids and corked bats away from him and ShamME is just another baseball player......and a poor one at that.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/media/photo/2005-05/17797956.jpg

TDog
07-03-2005, 01:38 PM
Some Sox fans complained that when they traded Sammy Sosa, they got George Bell near the end of his career. Funny that when the Cubs traded Sosa, the Orioles got Bell at the end of his career.

Chicago83
07-03-2005, 02:22 PM
At least Mazilli has he balls to sit Sammy. Dusty couldn't even move him in the lineup.

Tragg
07-04-2005, 01:50 AM
I almost feel sorry for Sammy.
As Steve Stone says "when you create a Frankenstein, don't be surprised when he eats the village." Well, the Cubs created the Frankenstein, marketed this self-centered ball player as if he were willy mays, did nothing to stop the "me me me" attitude; so when they finally tire of him (coincidental with what they clearly realized was the end of the steroid era? - funny, they pick what everyone knew was the last steroid year to suddenly tire of him), they start blaming everything from the team's collapse onward on him - riding him, with an assist from the willing media, for his selfishness, when he's always been that way and they had no problem with it before.

Unless the teams have payroll issues, when teams make it clear that they want to get rid of a ballplayer, stay away. The Bosox were trying to dump Garciaparra for 2 years and found a willing dupe; The cubs found one of their own for sosa (although I don't think Baltimore gave up a whole lot).

DaleJRFan
07-04-2005, 02:43 AM
How long until he is designated for assignment??