PDA

View Full Version : This Old Flub

LuvSox
07-02-2005, 12:58 PM
So some guy walks all the way from Arizona to the North Side of Chicago to raise money for diabetes research. Good for him, diabetes is a very nasty disease. Many diabetics will thank him.

The funny part? He walks all that way just to see the Flubs lose. Damn that's funny!!!!!!

JermaineDye05
07-02-2005, 01:25 PM
lol, I was just wondering when they had all these stories on him, I'm just wondering who is this guy, I heard his speech tho, and just like a cubs fan he says they're the best fans out there, but hell good for him, I know I could never walk that far, I doubt he'll be going to just one game tho, I think mostly he wanted to meet Santo

ja1022
07-02-2005, 01:42 PM
Many diabetics will thank him.

I thank him on behalf of my 13 year old son. He's the only Cub fan I have to give a pass to.

Edit: He's the only Cub fan I have to give a pass to. For clarification, "he" being the old dude that walked from Arizona. God forbid my son were a Cub fan.

DrCrawdad
07-02-2005, 01:50 PM
Santo has no doubt done good things for the fight against JD. However, I tried to watch "This Old Cub" but soon found myself wretching from all the 'aren't the Cubbies wonderful...' crap and turned it off after 15 minutes.

If you've ingested some poison and you're in need of puking, I suggest having a copy of "This Old Cub" on hand. It works better than syrup of ipecac at inducing a vomit response from this old Sox fan.

SoxFan76
07-02-2005, 02:12 PM
This Old Cub...isn't that kind of an oxymoron?

soltrain21
07-02-2005, 03:15 PM
I admire the guy. It is a very nice gesture no matter what team you are rooting for. Someone needed to get him some new shoes though...yikes!

SOXintheBURGH
07-02-2005, 03:33 PM
Santo has no doubt done good things for the fight against JD. However, I tried to watch "This Old Cub" but soon found myself wretching from all the 'aren't the Cubbies wonderful...' crap and turned it off after 15 minutes.

If you've ingested some poison and you're in need of puking, I suggest having a copy of "This Old Cub" on hand. It works better than syrup of ipecac at inducing a vomit response from this old Sox fan.

Thank you.

SOXSINCE'70
07-02-2005, 07:25 PM
So some guy walks all the way from Arizona to the North Side of Chicago to raise money for diabetes research. Good for him, diabetes is a very nasty disease. Many diabetics will thank him.

Diabetes runs on my dad's side of the family.I could be at risk
one day.His heart was in the right place,but he should have timed
it so his walk concluded 7/3/05.That way,he'd be able to see a July
4th Lou Pinella meltdown and a WHITE SOX WINNER!!:bandance: :bandance:

DrCrawdad
07-02-2005, 11:21 PM
Thank you.

Did my comment get put into your signature? EXCELLENT!

:supernana: :bandance: :supernana:

MUsoxfan
07-03-2005, 12:13 AM
I admire the guy for the fact that he's walked 2100+ miles for charity. My question is this: Why didn't he lose any weight? I'd expect to lose several lbs if I were to walk across the country. Santo is my least favorite person in the world, and it pains me to see the guy do such an admirable task for the huge bag of feces that is Santo.

DrCrawdad
07-03-2005, 12:22 AM
I admire the guy for the fact that he's walked 2100+ miles for charity. My question is this: Why didn't he lose any weight? I'd expect to lose several lbs if I were to walk across the country.

I wondered that same thing too.

slavko
07-03-2005, 12:56 AM
If the guy had entered the field from the right field entrance off Sheffield, looked around with a puzzled look on his face, and said "does it smell like urine in here?"

chitownhawkfan
07-03-2005, 01:13 AM
I am by no means an Olympic athlete but had I walked here from Arizona i would be looking like a Greek God.

http://www.keepfitusa.com/images/main.jpg

Him ME

CubKilla
07-03-2005, 11:00 AM
The funny part? He walks all that way just to see the Flubs lose. Damn that's funny!!!!!!

He probably figured, "What's new?" :bandance:

To make it worse, he had to finish the last leg with Blagojevich walking by his side.

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-03-2005, 11:17 AM
I am by no means an Olympic athlete but had I walked here from Arizona i would be looking like a Greek God.

http://www.keepfitusa.com/images/main.jpg

Him ME

GOOD GOD !

Viva Medias B's
07-03-2005, 07:44 PM
I admire the guy for the fact that he's walked 2100+ miles for charity. My question is this: Why didn't he lose any weight? I'd expect to lose several lbs if I were to walk across the country. Santo is my least favorite person in the world, and it pains me to see the guy do such an admirable task for the huge bag of feces that is Santo.

Maybe he kept stopping at all the Hardee's, Monical's Pizza, KFC's, and every other fast food joint along the way. Seriously, he did a good thing to help fight diabetes.

As for Santo, I haven't seen This Old Cub. I fear seeing it will cause a blood vessel in my brain to burst. Hell, I have a hard enough time listening to Cub broadcasts because of Santo. If something great happens for the Cubs, he screams "YES!!!" like Meg Ryan. If something bad happens, he sounds like he's going to jump out of the booth.