PDA

View Full Version : Funny SportsCenter line

doublem23
07-02-2005, 02:55 AM
I guess no one has seen this yet because I assumed it would be all over the place. Anyways, during the SportsCenter Xpress (which I hate, but that's a subject for another topic), they showed the Losers' loss to Washington. Anyway, the only play they highlighted during the game was Jeromy Burnitz getting picked off third like an idiot, to which Jon Anderson (IIRC), proclaimed, "Now that is Cubs baseball!"

I'm sure it just adds to the allure of misery surrounding the Cubs, but it was funny and nice to see someone from Bristol not sugar-coat it, if only for a moment.

Joosh
07-02-2005, 03:18 AM
I guess no one has seen this yet because I assumed it would be all over the place. Anyways, during the SportsCenter Xpress (which I hate, but that's a subject for another topic), they showed the Losers' loss to Washington. Anyway, the only play they highlighted during the game was Jeromy Burnitz getting picked off third like an idiot, to which Jon Anderson (IIRC), proclaimed, "Now that is Cubs baseball!"

I'm sure it just adds to the allure of misery surrounding the Cubs, but it was funny and nice to see someone from Bristol sugar-coat it, if only for a moment.

He must have thought the Cubs picked someone off.

Cubs baseball at it's finest, I think.

TheOldRoman
07-02-2005, 03:19 AM
HAHA. See, I don't interpret that as sugarcoating. I don't care how it was intended.
I see it as: ineptitude, a lack of talent, failure, and choking under pressure- this is cubs baseball.

MIgrenade
07-02-2005, 11:21 AM
It's the Cubs everyone remembers and travels great distances to see in their dilapidated shack.

ShoelessJoeS
07-02-2005, 02:04 PM

I'm sure it just adds to the allure of misery surrounding the Cubs, but it was funny and nice to see someone from Bristol sugar-coat it, if only for a moment.
i saw the same thing and was wondering if thats what he really said bc i almost died laughing...man i wish i had tivo