PDA

View Full Version : White Sox free agents

ShoelessJoeS
07-01-2005, 10:02 PM
even though im thrilled and optomistic about this improbable year our sox are having, i cant help but look to the future, which IMO is as bright as the sun. i was wondering if anybody had a link or knew which players would be free agents next year? thanks for the help.

shoeless

White Sox Josh
07-01-2005, 10:04 PM
even though im thrilled and optomistic about this improbable year our sox are having, i cant help but look to the future, which IMO is as bright as the sun. i was wondering if anybody had a link or knew which players would be free agents next year? thanks for the help.

shoelessFree Agents Next Year for the Sox:
1B/DH- Paul Konerko
C- Chris Widger

Options:
1B/DH- Frank Thomas
RP- Cliff Politte(will still only be arb eligible even if they don't exercise the option).
OF/DH- Carl Everett

Arb Eligable:
RP- Shingo Takatsu
C- A.J. Pierzynski
SP- Jon Garland
3B- Joe Crede
2B- Willie Harris
IF- Pablo Ozuna
OF- Timo Perez(he actually doesn't have enough service time yet to be a free agent)
RP- Luis Vizcaino

A lot of people might think that Shingo will be a free agent next year however he doesn't have enough service time yet. The only Japanese player that will be a free agent will be Kaz Matsui because he has a clause in his contract saying that he can become a Free Agent when his Contract expires. Hideki Matsui's contract expires this year however he won't be able to become a free agent until 3 years later. However he does have a clause in his contract saying that he will be put on waivers if no contract extension is done.

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/v/mlb/players/5/7042.jpgHideki Matsui: 3-Year worth 21M- will make in 2003- 6M, in 2004- 7M, in 2005- 8M- + he can earn 500K each year in bonuses- + has a complete NO-TRADE clause- + if he does not sign a contract extension or new contract by Nov. 15, 2005, then the team must place him on waivers Agent: Arn Tellem/John Kim Service Time: 2.000

ShoelessJoeS
07-01-2005, 10:28 PM
im not to sure how arbitration works...but why is aj eligible next year, did he only sign a one year contract?

White Sox Josh
07-01-2005, 10:30 PM
im not to sure how arbitration works...but why is aj eligible next year, did he only sign a one year contract?he doesn't have the service time to be a Free Agent yet. He wasn't tendered a contract by the Giants so he was released. That made him a Free Agent however had he not been released he would've gone to arbitration.

ShoelessJoeS
07-01-2005, 10:46 PM
he doesn't have the service time to be a Free Agent yet. He wasn't tendered a contract by the Giants so he was released. That made him a Free Agent however had he not been released he would've gone to arbitration.
sorry, in english please :tongue:

TimoPerez
07-01-2005, 11:06 PM
Free Agents Next Year for the Sox:
1B/DH- Paul Konerko
OF- Timo Perez
C- Chris Widger

Options:
1B/DH- Frank Thomas
RP- Cliff Politte
OF/DH- Carl Everett

Arb Eligable:
RP- Shingo Takatsu
C- A.J. Pierzynski
SP- Jon Garland
3B- Joe Crede
2B- Willie Harris
IF- Pablo Ozuna

Are you sure that Timo is a free agent? This is his sixth year in the Major Leagues, but he has only been arbitration eligible for two years because he was a September callup in 2000. I thought he would be arbitration eligible this year and a free agent after next year.

Flight #24
07-01-2005, 11:56 PM
sorry, in english please :tongue:

Any player with IIRC more than 3 years of service who's contract expires is eligible for arbitration. After IIRC 6 years of service, the player can decline arbitration and become an FA. If that happens, the team gets compensation picks from the team signing the FA.

AJ's contract expired with SF and they had the option to offer him arbitration, resign him, or renounce him. They did the latter to save $$$$ since in arbitration, IIRC the players salary cannot be less than 80% of his last year's salary but there is no cap on how high it can go.

The Sox signed him to a 1-yr deal (IIRC), so after this year, they have the same 3 options as SF did last year. However, I'd guess that they'll offer arbitration. And again IIRC, I don't think AJ has the service time to refuse and become an FA.

White Sox Josh
07-02-2005, 12:30 AM
Any player with IIRC more than 3 years of service who's contract expires is eligible for arbitration. After IIRC 6 years of service, the player can decline arbitration and become an FA. If that happens, the team gets compensation picks from the team signing the FA.

AJ's contract expired with SF and they had the option to offer him arbitration, resign him, or renounce him. They did the latter to save $$$$ since in arbitration, IIRC the players salary cannot be less than 80% of his last year's salary but there is no cap on how high it can go.

The Sox signed him to a 1-yr deal (IIRC), so after this year, they have the same 3 options as SF did last year. However, I'd guess that they'll offer arbitration. And again IIRC, I don't think AJ has the service time to refuse and become an FA.they will probably sign him to a long term deal.

jabrch
07-02-2005, 11:35 AM
Actually, I am fairly sure that part of AJ's deal, since he took less money than he felt he was worth, was that the Sox would agree not to offer him arbitration. I think he will be a FA after this season.

ShoelessJoeS
07-02-2005, 02:48 PM
Actually, I am fairly sure that part of AJ's deal, since he took less money than he felt he was worth, was that the Sox would agree not to offer him arbitration. I think he will be a FA after this season.
are you sure? i would think that with a high quality player such as AJ that kenny would make sure that hed be guaranteed to be on the south side for more than just a year

White Sox Josh
07-02-2005, 02:50 PM
Actually, I am fairly sure that part of AJ's deal, since he took less money than he felt he was worth, was that the Sox would agree not to offer him arbitration. I think he will be a FA after this season.no there is no clause like that in his contract. He will be with the Sox for a long time.

MrRoboto83
07-02-2005, 02:57 PM
I thought AJ signed a 1 year deal with an option for next year

White Sox Josh
07-02-2005, 02:59 PM
Actually, I am fairly sure that part of AJ's deal, since he took less money than he felt he was worth, was that the Sox would agree not to offer him arbitration. I think he will be a FA after this season.http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/v/mlb/players/5/6109.jpgA.J. Pierzynski: signed deal for 2005 season worth 2.25M on 1/6/05 Agent: Steve Hilliard Service Time: 4.100

White Sox Josh
07-02-2005, 02:59 PM
I thought AJ signed a 1 year deal with an option for next yearno just a 1 year deal however he is still only arb eligible after this year.

The Dude
07-02-2005, 03:04 PM
heres a huge list of FA's
http://www.mlb4u.com/freeagent.html