PDA

View Full Version : Brian Anderson could be called up

JermaineDye05
07-01-2005, 06:18 PM
Well a while ago there was a story that said that if Kenny doesn't make a move by the deadline he may think of calling up one of the many prospects in the minors, one possibility being Brian Anderson, how would you feel if Brian Anderson made his Major League debut this season, and how well do you think he will do

soxfanreggie
07-01-2005, 06:28 PM
I think he will do a good job replacing Timo Perez...he's my choice for demotion unless we send down BMac if El Duque comes back.

ilsox7
07-01-2005, 06:35 PM
I think he will do a good job replacing Timo Perez...he's my choice for demotion unless we send down BMac if El Duque comes back.

Timo is gone when Gload comes up.

Mr. White Sox
07-01-2005, 06:49 PM
Anderson could be a solid bench player, but unless the Sox trade away Everett or another bench guy, I don't think there's room...that is, unless you want to send Willie down, but I doubt they'd do that considering he's a pretty good defensive backup to Iguchi.

RedPinStripes
07-01-2005, 06:51 PM
It's a nice problem to have with no room for Anderson. He might not be here until the rosters expand or if someone gets hurt.

ilsox7
07-01-2005, 07:01 PM
It's a nice problem to have with no room for Anderson. He might not be here until the rosters expand or if someone gets hurt.

Question for minor league experts: Anderson is MLB ready, right? I think that's the concensus I have read, but curious. Our outfield is basically locked up thru next year. JD is proving to be a very good acquisition, Pods ignites the team, and Aaron is solid in CF and good at the plate. Do they ditch Aaron for Andersen next year, do they keep him in the minors for another year, or do they trade him?

RedPinStripes
07-01-2005, 07:10 PM
Question for minor league experts: Anderson is MLB ready, right? I think that's the concensus I have read, but curious. Our outfield is basically locked up thru next year. JD is proving to be a very good acquisition, Pods ignites the team, and Aaron is solid in CF and good at the plate. Do they ditch Aaron for Andersen next year, do they keep him in the minors for another year, or do they trade him?

I'm no expert. :D: But I'm guessing the odd man out would be Dye.

Daver
07-01-2005, 07:23 PM
Question for minor league experts: Anderson is MLB ready, right?

Are you asking if he can learn at the MLB level, or if he is ready to play at that level?

He could learn there, but he would be better off seeing pro pitching at the AA and AAA level right now, he still has not made the adjustment to it from college pitching.

He could play at the MLB level if your expectations are low.

ilsox7
07-01-2005, 07:41 PM
Are you asking if he can learn at the MLB level, or if he is ready to play at that level?

He could learn there, but he would be better off seeing pro pitching at the AA and AAA level right now, he still has not made the adjustment to it from college pitching.

He could play at the MLB level if your expectations are low.

OK, I was asking if he was ready now. So it wouldn't be the worst thing for his career if he spent all of next season in the minors, too? In theory, he'd replace JD in 2007 then...

Daver
07-01-2005, 08:43 PM
OK, I was asking if he was ready now. So it wouldn't be the worst thing for his career if he spent all of next season in the minors, too? In theory, he'd replace JD in 2007 then...

In theory, you would be correct, but a lot of that depends on Brian, and how well he develops. Ryan Sweeney is right behind him, maybe less than a step behind, but Sweeney is not a CFer.

ilsox7
07-01-2005, 08:44 PM
In theory, you would be correct, but a lot of that depends on Brian, and how well he develops. Ryan Sweeney is right behind him, maybe less than a step behind, but Sweeney is not a CFer.

Cool. Thanks for answering my questions!

21whitesoxway
07-01-2005, 08:46 PM
1.Aaron will NOT be pushed out by Anderson as was implied.
2.Anderson still strikes out too much
3.Ozzie's lover Timo lights a fire under this team w/ his crazy dancing b4 games.

Daver
07-01-2005, 08:48 PM
3.Ozzie's lover Timo lights a fire under this team w/ his crazy dancing b4 games.

This post is supposed to add exactly what to this discussion?

ilsox7
07-01-2005, 08:51 PM

Increase post count.

21whitesoxway
07-01-2005, 08:58 PM
ANDERSON STRIKES OUT TOO MUCH TO GET PROMOTED, READ
ALSO TIMO IS OZZIES LOVER SO WONT GET PUSHED OUT THIS YEAR EVEN THOUGH HE SHOULD, READ

ilsox7
07-01-2005, 09:01 PM
ALSO TIMO IS OZZIES LOVER SO WONT GET PUSHED OUT THIS YEAR EVEN THOUGH HE SHOULD, READ

Don't yell. And all reports indicate Timo is gone in a couple of weeks when Gload comes up.

READ!

21whitesoxway
07-01-2005, 09:03 PM
Don't yell. And all reports indicate Timo is gone in a couple of weeks when Gload comes up.

READ!
Show please a link to a reliable account to the fact that points towards Timo getting waived. From all reports Ive seen WeeWilly might get traded to make roster space.

ilsox7
07-01-2005, 09:05 PM
Show please a link to a reliable account to the fact that points towards Timo getting waived. From all reports Ive seen WeeWilly might get traded to make roster space.

It's on WSI somewhere, I'm not gonna go look for it. Use the search function. I believe it was a radio report.

EDIT: Has it's own thread so it was easy to find: http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53259

Radio report.

Daver
07-01-2005, 09:07 PM

TWANG............................................. ..............................................Thum p.

ilsox7
07-01-2005, 09:08 PM
TWANG............................................. ..............................................Thum p.

Haven't seen that in a while...but totally expected it here.

RedPinStripes
07-01-2005, 09:58 PM

Why? Because you love Rowand? dumbass.

He gone
07-01-2005, 10:25 PM
Brian would be better off getting the At-bats and playing time down at AAA. He wouldn't progress sitting on the bench. Bring him up in September. If we truly need a back up outfielder (don't laugh), bring up #25.

The Tom
07-02-2005, 02:06 PM
Maybe I'm wrong, but the plan with Anderson would be to stick him in center and move Rowand over to right. From what I hear, and that's probably not saying much, Anderson is already the best defensive centerfielder in the organization. He may strike out to much, but he'd still be servicable at the major league level. He's better off at AAA though.

doublem23
07-02-2005, 02:16 PM
:chunks

No more rookies.

The Dude
07-02-2005, 02:28 PM
Brian would be better off getting the At-bats and playing time down at AAA. He wouldn't progress sitting on the bench. Bring him up in September. If we truly need a back up outfielder (don't laugh), bring up #25.

Yes, I agree to allowing him to get a bunch of AB's in September when hopefully we have the division wrapped up. Otherwise....dont rush him up.

As to #25...please include him in a deadline trade as a throw in 3rd player!

Huisj
07-02-2005, 06:05 PM

Speaking of Sweeney, I noticed his power numbers are basically non existent this year. His slugging percentage is .339 right now, same as his OBP. His BA is decent, and he's not striking out much at all though, so those are both good signs. Obviously, he's still quite young to be at AA right now, so is it just that his power hasn't developed much yet, or has he had some injuries or something? What's the outlook on him?

CleeFan101
07-02-2005, 09:33 PM
Whoever said Anderson needs to spend another season after this one in AAA is dead wrong. From team scouts it is largely believed that Anderson if needed is mlb ready now the only thing holding him back a course is we have 3 good OF's in Dye, Rowand, and Pods....

It is largely believed one of 2 scenario's will take place to deal with Anderson who should be in the majors for sure next year.

1. He will be traded at the trading deadline or in the off-season for whatevr needs this team may need, if at the deadline it would prob be part of a package for an ace like Schmidt.

2. He will be our starting CF next year, Rowand would play right and Pods remain in left and than Dye will either be traded, be basicly what Everett is this year, or if Frank is not brought back be the everyday DH.

Go Go Everetts
07-03-2005, 03:43 PM
I read recently in the Sun Times that when the roster expands in September Anderson is a lock to be moved up.

mrzerofan
07-03-2005, 10:22 PM
I still believe in LTP. He has 15 homers this year, and he hasn't got an opportunity to play. That's just my opinion. Don't need to go crazy or flame or anything. :cool: