PDA

View Full Version : Garland Starting Tonight?

BRDSR
07-01-2005, 03:16 PM
Please don't kill me if I've got this all wrong, but I was flipping back and forth between Boy Meets World and the Cubs/Nats game(I love Livan Hernandez), and on the way back from a commercial break I caught half of one of those Comcast updates and I could have sworn I heard Dan Jiggets or someone say that Garland was starting tonight and looking for his 13th win. It's possible they were talking about tomorrow but why would they be? With the Monday off-day its conceivable, but...anyway, I figured there would be something on WSI about it. This is in Whats the Score since I probably just screwed something up and he's not starting tonight. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Edit: My post got moved to the Clubhouse. And Boy Meets World is awesome. The Savage brothers are a riot, haha.

daveeym
07-01-2005, 03:17 PM
Please don't kill me if I've got this all wrong, but I was flipping back and forth between Boy Meets World and the Cubs/Nats game(I love Livan Hernandez), and on the way back from a commercial break I caught half of one of those Comcast updates and I could have sworn I heard Dan Jiggets or someone say that Garland was starting tonight and looking for his 13th win. It's possible they were talking about tomorrow but why would they be? With the Monday off-day its conceivable, but...anyway, I figured there would be something on WSI about it. This is in Whats the Score since I probably just screwed something up and he's not starting tonight. Anyone know what I'm talking about?I can't believe you were watching that...I mean Boy Meets World sucks.

mdep524
07-01-2005, 03:19 PM
Please don't kill me if I've got this all wrong, but I was flipping back and forth between Boy Meets World and the Cubs/Nats game(I love Livan Hernandez), and on the way back from a commercial break I caught half of one of those Comcast updates and I could have sworn I heard Dan Jiggets or someone say that Garland was starting tonight and looking for his 13th win. It's possible they were talking about tomorrow but why would they be? With the Monday off-day its conceivable, but...anyway, I figured there would be something on WSI about it. This is in Whats the Score since I probably just screwed something up and he's not starting tonight. Anyone know what I'm talking about? You didn't screw up, I was watching too and the Comcast host did in fact say that Jon Garland was starting tonight in Oakland against Rich Harden. He didn't mention anything about Contreras, or there being a late change to the rotation. I assume its a careless error on his part, unless Contreras is injured, traded or skipped for some reason.

RedHeadPaleHoser
07-01-2005, 03:22 PM
I just checked whitesox.com, and it still shows Contreras as the starter.

JermaineDye05
07-01-2005, 03:23 PM
I'm guessing it was a mistake, Comcast Sportsnet tends to make a lot of mistakes

mdep524
07-01-2005, 06:37 PM
For the record, Comcast host Josh Mora corrected himself later in the telecast and said Jose Contreras would start tonight.

As an :offtopic:, does anyone else not like this guy? He's smug, uninteresting, and his chemistry with Bill Melton borders on Hawk and DJ levels of awkwardness.

MIgrenade
07-01-2005, 06:49 PM
For the record, Comcast host Josh Mora corrected himself later in the telecast and said Jose Contreras would start tonight.

As an :offtopic:, does anyone else not like this guy? He's smug, uninteresting, and his chemistry with Bill Melton borders on Hawk and DJ levels of awkwardness.

I don't watch. I get my postgame info here.

White Sox Josh
07-01-2005, 06:51 PM

As an :offtopic:, does anyone else not like this guy? He's smug, uninteresting, and his chemistry with Bill Melton borders on Hawk and DJ levels of awkwardness.i remember a game in may when shingo got the save, he said that "Dr. Zero" saved the game.

Mr. White Sox
07-01-2005, 06:52 PM
CSN, production-wise and anchor-wise, is ESPN's stunted cousin.

Rocklive99
07-01-2005, 06:55 PM

I can't stand him, I don't watch the Flub games, but if he is the guy after/during the Sox games, he seems happy and smug when the Sox lose and seems irritated when they win (I may be paranoid, and he may be like this for both sides, but that's just how it appears to me)