PDA

View Full Version : Latest Disgusting, Shameless Sell-Out Promotional Tool from the Urinal Dwellers

TheOldRoman
07-01-2005, 02:31 PM
Nothing on TV now, so I flipped over to the Cubs game to see Livan shut down those loser and Prior likely head back to the DL. They had a pregame intro/commercial that handily puts to shame anything done by giant billboards.

They flashed a logo from the new movie Fantastic4 on the screen, and then showed clips of the movie, mixed in with clips of the loveable losers. The Tool Kasper narrated the thing, saying things like "they have superhuman strenght, they cannot be defeated, the Cubs starting pitching has been destroying the National League, and other BS." Of course, it ended showing pictures of "Fantastic 4 Whiney Bitches" Zambrano, Pryor, Carrie Woods, and Maddox. Of course, this was followed up by "see the great new movie Fantastic4 in theatres today!"

This is not the least bit surprising coming from a spineless, sellout, hypocritical organization and fanbase. They give a "traditional" baseball experience. When you go to the Urinal, you see baseball how it was played in 1914, included with "traditional" video screens, a ridiculously out of place billboard behind homeplate, frat boys, yuppies, and yokels from Iowa in the stands having 10 beers apiece and not paying attention to the game, the already miniscule amount of foul territory reduce to pack in more of those idiots talking on cell phones, and of course, crumbling concrete. The Sox do marketing, and they sell advertising, but it is done in a normal fashion. The Cubs do it while claiming they dont, and then ridiculing the Sox for doing it in a respectable manner. Im glad we dont have the traditional experience at our park.

Jerko
07-01-2005, 02:33 PM
Fantastic 4?

Zambrano = Human Torch
Prior = The Thing
Maddux = Mr. Fantastic
Wood = Invisible Girl.

itsnotrequired
07-01-2005, 02:38 PM
Fantastic 4?

Wood = Invisible Girl.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

WhiteSoxFan84
07-01-2005, 02:41 PM
Fantastic Four? Maybe the Fragile Four.

You want Fantastic Four? How about this foursome...

Mark Buerhle
Freddy Garcia
Jon Garland
Jose Contreras

No gimmicks needed. Just plain baseball.

tebman
07-01-2005, 03:09 PM
Fantastic 4?

Zambrano = Human Torch
Prior = The Thing
Maddux = Mr. Fantastic
Wood = Invisible Girl.

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:-BlSa7bn8fkJ:http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/bobhope/images
Ladies and Gentlemen -- Your Chicago National League Fastastic Four!

SOXSINCE'70
07-01-2005, 03:11 PM
Fantastic Four? Maybe the Fragile Four.

You want Fantastic Four? How about this foursome...

Mark Buerhle
Freddy Garcia
Jon Garland
Jose Contreras

No gimmicks needed. Just plain baseball.

If he were healthy,i'd substitute Hernandez for Contreras.
Remember,he was 7-2 before landing on the DL.

Garland-12
Beuhrle-10
Garcia-8
Hernandez-7

That's 37 wins (out of 53) by your top 4.

Pretty fantastic,so far.

TheOldRoman
07-01-2005, 03:13 PM
If he were healthy,i'd substitute Hernandez for Contreras.
Remember,he was 7-2 before landing on the DL.

Garland-12
Beuhrle-10
Garcia-8
Hernandez-7

That's 37 wins (out of 53) by your top 4.

Pretty fantastic,so far.
Yes, but have any of them ever stuck out 20 in a game? No? OK, now you see who is better.

SOXSINCE'70
07-01-2005, 03:16 PM
Wood = Invisible Girl.

Well,he is blonde,like Jessica Alba is in the movie.:roflmao: :roflmao:

But she's a helluva lot better looking than Carrie Woods.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

SOXSINCE'70
07-01-2005, 03:18 PM
Yes, but have any of them ever stuck out 20 in a game? No? OK, now you see who is better.

Yes,but the real question should be,will the first 3 make as many
trips to the DL as Carrie Woods??:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

TornLabrum
07-01-2005, 04:15 PM
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:-BlSa7bn8fkJ:http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/bobhope/images
Ladies and Gentlemen -- Your Chicago National League Fastastic Four!

As a fan of the Marx Bros., I consider that an insult to them.

mdep524
07-01-2005, 04:23 PM
As a fan of the Marx Bros., I consider that an insult to them. Haha, I was just going to post the exact same thing, TL! I too consider that an insult to my beloved Marx Brothers!

Dick Allen
07-01-2005, 04:31 PM
That's OK, Groucho once said he wouldn't want to join any club that would have him as a member.

TornLabrum
07-01-2005, 04:33 PM
That's OK, Groucho once said he wouldn't want to join any club that would have him as a member.

He also said to Chico in one of their movies, "I have a good mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it."

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-01-2005, 05:42 PM
Is the fifth starter Dr. Doom?

Banix12
07-01-2005, 08:49 PM
Nothing on TV now, so I flipped over to the Cubs game to see Livan shut down those loser and Prior likely head back to the DL. They had a pregame intro/commercial that handily puts to shame anything done by giant billboards.

They flashed a logo from the new movie Fantastic4 on the screen, and then showed clips of the movie, mixed in with clips of the loveable losers. The Tool Kasper narrated the thing, saying things like "they have superhuman strenght, they cannot be defeated, the Cubs starting pitching has been destroying the National League, and other BS." Of course, it ended showing pictures of "Fantastic 4 Whiney Bitches" Zambrano, Pryor, Carrie Woods, and Maddox. Of course, this was followed up by "see the great new movie Fantastic4 in theatres today!"

This is not the least bit surprising coming from a spineless, sellout, hypocritical organization and fanbase. They give a "traditional" baseball experience. When you go to the Urinal, you see baseball how it was played in 1914, included with "traditional" video screens, a ridiculously out of place billboard behind homeplate, frat boys, yuppies, and yokels from Iowa in the stands having 10 beers apiece and not paying attention to the game, the already miniscule amount of foul territory reduce to pack in more of those idiots talking on cell phones, and of course, crumbling concrete. The Sox do marketing, and they sell advertising, but it is done in a normal fashion. The Cubs do it while claiming they dont, and then ridiculing the Sox for doing it in a respectable manner. Im glad we dont have the traditional experience at our park.

Meh, who cares really. I don't mind when they do these during regular season games. I get more irritated when FOX uses the intro to a World Series game to plug a movie, which they do on a regular basis.

It is stupid that the cubs fans claim that it's traditional baseball as it should be with out advertizing blah blah blah. Especially since

1) In stadium advertising has been common pretty much since the beginning of the league. In fact you can make a case that the in-stadium ads are more traditional that not having it.
2) the wrigley area often had many pieces of advertizing that they consider classic i.e. the Torco billboard behind the stadium in the eighties, the budweiser roof, and of course Harry Carey and his Budweiser commercials. So cubs fans aren't really against advertising, they are against the idea that they are like every other stadium and team. they want to think they are special.
3) The cubs organization is not against advertizing in the stadium, they are trying to add little pieces slowly here and there as to not draw attention to the fact that they have plenty of in stadium ads.

StillMissOzzie
07-02-2005, 02:10 AM
It is stupid that the cubs fans claim that it's traditional baseball as it should be with out advertizing blah blah blah. Especially since

3) The cubs organization is not against advertizing in the stadium, they are trying to add little pieces slowly here and there as to not draw attention to the fact that they have plenty of in stadium ads.

If you happen to catch a ScRub game sometime, take a look at all the Sears signage IN THE DUGOUTS!!! Hypocrites!

SMO
:gulp:

SAVVY18
07-02-2005, 03:02 AM

Hey Carrie and the Messiah are 1st and 2nd in the league in Simulated Innings Pitched, Simulated Wins and Simulated ERA...:rolleyes:

bigfoot
07-02-2005, 10:01 AM
"....... all the Sears signage IN THE DUGOUTS!!!"

SMO
:gulp:

But,....... there is no "Lifetime Guarantee" on those "Craftsmen"!

fquaye149
07-02-2005, 10:56 AM
if you watched the sox game they did a fantastic 4 tie in too.

much about nothing. (without the humorous shakespearean connotations...this is literally NOTHING)

MIgrenade
07-02-2005, 12:20 PM
Obviously all of baseball has been doing this, a la the Spiderman fiasco. This is what you get for calling people names, the whole thing jsut shoved right back in your face.

TheOldRoman
07-02-2005, 12:39 PM
Obviously all of baseball has been doing this, a la the Spiderman fiasco. This is what you get for calling people names, the whole thing jsut shoved right back in your face.
How is this shoved back in anyone's face? I don't mind the advertising coming from the White Sox because they sell advertising, LIKE EVERY OTHER TEAM.
I DO mind it coming from the "holier-than-thou" Cubs because they pretend that they don't sell-out to advertising. It's no secret to anyone with common sense that the Cubs sell themselves just as much if not more than any other team. They have convinced the mindless sheep (fans and media alike) that they are so "pure and pristine" and the dont have any advertising in the park. I listened to moron Cubs fans go off about us having a corporate sponsor, us having billboards in the park, us having an add board behind homeplate, "White Sox baseball presented by US Cellular" and many other things. They act as if they are without "fault", but obviously they aren't.

White Sox Josh
07-03-2005, 05:38 PM
I would like to have the Sox have Lisa Dergan day.:rolleyes: