PDA

View Full Version : Score Reports Dodgers Interested in Everett

BRDSR
07-01-2005, 01:14 PM
The Score has been reporting during every update this morning that the Dodgers are reportedly interested in trading for Carl Everett. On every update, the guy makes a big deal about saying something like "Although, of course, the Sox would have to agree to trading him." This would be a strange deadline trade because it would involve two teams, both in the race, looking to trade and recieve major league talent.

My question is, what do the Dodgers have that they'd be willing to give up that would interest the White Sox?

JermaineDye05
07-01-2005, 01:15 PM
they said they'd only be giving up prospects, I doubt it'll happen

samram
07-01-2005, 01:36 PM
If you actually read the article (http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/la-sp-dodrep1jul01,1,7726645.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-majorbaseb), you'll see that all it says is Everett is the type of player that fits their needs and circumstances. It's not even at the rumor stage. We've seen this before.

Madvora
07-01-2005, 01:50 PM
If you actually read the article (http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/la-sp-dodrep1jul01,1,7726645.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-majorbaseb), you'll see that all it says is Everett is the type of player that fits their needs and circumstances. It's not even at the rumor stage. We've seen this before.
Yeah, I read that too, too bad the Score didn't.
I was looking at the Dodgers roster and I can't think of anybody.
Maybe Valentin at 3B and Wunch in the pen?

DVsoxfan
07-01-2005, 01:54 PM
How about Yhency Brozaban (sp??)

SOXSINCE'70
07-01-2005, 01:55 PM
How about the Sox getting a healthy Eric Gagne in return??:roflmao: :roflmao:

Seriously, I don't put much stock in a rumor started by a
radio station that employs sCrUBS apologists Mike Murphy,
George Ofman and Jesse Rogers.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

samram
07-01-2005, 01:57 PM
How about Yhency Brozaban (sp??)

Yeah, I would take him for Everett. The point is there's no evidence the Dodgers want Everett and LA wouldn't do that trade anyway since Gagne is out for the year.

TheOldRoman
07-01-2005, 01:58 PM
:bs: Carl ain't going nowhere.

Spicoli
07-01-2005, 02:11 PM
The only way I can conceive of this working is if they give the White Sox a couple of top prospects who the Sox then package together to make a big trade (Schmidt), allowing them to keep McCarthy. But this is highly unlikely...in fact, maybe everything before this sentence should be in teal.

ilsox7
07-01-2005, 02:11 PM
And I'm interested in dating Katie Holmes. Yet that won't happen either.

Madvora
07-01-2005, 02:29 PM
Actually it looks like the LA Times is really reporting this now.

This is from CBSsportsline.com's Rumor Mill section.

The Dodgers want a power hitter and have set their sights on several reasonably priced players who might be available in the next few weeks, says the Los Angeles Times They are: Cincinnati's Adam Dunn, Tampa Bay's Aubrey Huff and Carl Everett of the White Sox.
http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/MLB_SC-RUMOR

I just looked through their depth chart and I really see nothing the Sox would want. It would have to be a 3 team trade or something.

soltrain21
07-01-2005, 02:37 PM
Can we somehow get Tampa Bay in the deal and end up with Aubrey Huff?

CYGarland20
07-01-2005, 04:56 PM
Actually it looks like the LA Times is really reporting this now.

This is from CBSsportsline.com's Rumor Mill section.

The Dodgers want a power hitter and have set their sights on several reasonably priced players who might be available in the next few weeks, says the Los Angeles Times They are: Cincinnati's Adam Dunn, Tampa Bay's Aubrey Huff and Carl Everett of the White Sox.
http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/MLB_SC-RUMOR

I just looked through their depth chart and I really see nothing the Sox would want. It would have to be a 3 team trade or something. I live in LA, and they said this morning that the Dodgers are VERY interested in Adam Dunn, and that's the only 1 they mentioned. As for who we would get in return if they did want Everett, Brazoban would NOT be available. I'd take either Penny or Odalis Perez though. :cool:

MeanFish
07-01-2005, 06:28 PM
Can we somehow get Tampa Bay in the deal and end up with Aubrey Huff?

Joe Crede:
.243 BA, 11 HR, 35 RBI (from bottom of order). Gold-glove caliber 3B.

Aubrey Huff:
.252 BA, 5 HR, 38 RBI (from middle of order). Butcher at 3B.

You know, given the circumstances I'll stick with Crede. All three OF'ers on our club are better than Huff this year, and he can't hold Paulie's jock as a hitter at 1B.

White Sox Josh
07-01-2005, 06:47 PM
Joe Crede:
.243 BA, 11 HR, 35 RBI (from bottom of order). Gold-glove caliber 3B.

Aubrey Huff:
.252 BA, 5 HR, 38 RBI (from middle of order). Butcher at 3B.

You know, given the circumstances I'll stick with Crede. All three OF'ers on our club are better than Huff this year, and he can't hold Paulie's jock as a hitter at 1B.get him in a playoff race though and he might produce. I wanted the Sox to get him in the off-season.

Mr. White Sox
07-01-2005, 06:50 PM
get him in a playoff race though and he might produce. I wanted the Sox to get him in the off-season.

good thing you're not the GM :smile:

if you wanted him in the offseason, we'd be sans either Crede or PK, both of whom are very solid at their positions...plus, the Sox would've had to give away far more for Huff in the offseason last year than trading for him now, which they still shouldn't do.

Banix12
07-01-2005, 07:57 PM
With all the injuries the Dodgers have had they are interested in absolutely everybody they can possibly get their hands on right now.

there are not many guys on the Dodgers who I think can help the sox out. At least nobody i think they would be willing to trade. I have to think Brazoban is 95% untouchable and wouldn't be traded for a 34 year old OF. They can get more talent for him. Neither would be one of their top starters since they have holes in the rotation right now.

For everett the sox would need someone who is currently a major leaguer who can be plugged into the lineup (at least as a strong backup), rotation, or bullpen immediately.

I have to think they are more likely to get Huff or Dunn since those teams would likely take major league ready minor leaguers.

Chisox003
07-01-2005, 08:02 PM
I dont see the Sox trading Everett, unless its for a top notch difference maker, which isnt happening anyway...

As far as Im concerned, Crazy Carl is more useful to the Sox than ANY prospects/garbage that they can get for him....He's a good hitter, clutch, and brings an additude to the team that I really like...

Carl's as big a part of this teams success so far as anybody, and I really think the way Ozzie's using the platoon is working....

No thanks, Ill keep Carl

SOXSINCE'70
07-01-2005, 08:14 PM
And I'm interested in dating Katie Holmes. Yet that won't happen
either.

Can't stay long.Eva Longoria's coming over for dinner.:kneeslap: :kneeslap:

jabrch
07-02-2005, 10:48 AM
Give me Dionar Navarro and Joel Guzman - you can have our 4th OF/2nd DH. Gload is back soon. Anderson could platoon. If the Dodgers want him bad enough - he could be made available.

MIgrenade
07-02-2005, 11:24 AM
The Sox are trying to win now and Everett is part of that so he can't be traded for prospects unless the Sox are sure Anderson is ready and even then I don't like it. Unless the Sox can get Penny, Lowe, or Izturis there is no reason to trade Everett.

Frater Perdurabo
07-02-2005, 02:01 PM
Give me Dionar Navarro and Joel Guzman - you can have our 4th OF/2nd DH. Gload is back soon. Anderson could platoon. If the Dodgers want him bad enough - he could be made available.

A month ago, I would have said we need to keep Carl as an insurance policy in case Frank goes down to injury again.

However, if/when Gload returns, I think Everett is expendable. Both Gload and Konerko could provide the necessary "insurance" in case Frank gets hurt again. In the meantime, Frank needs as many at-bats as possible.

In: Gload, Anderson
Out: Everett, Timo

White Sox Josh
07-02-2005, 02:02 PM
A month ago, I would have said we need to keep Carl as an insurance policy in case Frank goes down to injury again.

However, if/when Gload returns, I think Everett is expendable. Both Gload and Konerko could provide the necessary "insurance" in case Frank gets hurt again. In the meantime, Frank needs as many at-bats as possible.

Out: Everett, Timono Anderson needs to be in the Minors where he can be an everyday player. He would be a bench player for the Sox.

doublem23
07-02-2005, 02:06 PM
Out: Everett, Timo

I disagree. It'd be nice for Anderson to play everyday in the minors, but more important, Carl Everett is better than Brian Anderson and we're looking to make a run at the post-season. This isn't a year to rebuild and worry about 2006. This is a year to go all in.

The only two options I see... Keep him in the minors or trade him for more pitching. But no way should he even sniff at Chicago this year.

Chisox003
07-02-2005, 02:07 PM
I dont know why some of you people are in such a hurry to trade Everett, he's having a great year...I love Frank as much as anybody but hes only hitting .218, so Everett isnt just an insurance policy for injury....

:threadsucks

ShoelessJoeS
07-02-2005, 02:30 PM
I dont know why some of you people are in such a hurry to trade Everett, he's having a great year...I love Frank as much as anybody but hes only hitting .218, so Everett isnt just an insurance policy for injury....
i see your point, i like frank just as much as the next guy, maybe even more, but hes not very frank-like lately...his obp is only .328 compared to his 100 points higher career obp of .428 and has more K's (15) than BB's (10)

:(:

SABRSox
07-02-2005, 02:41 PM
i see your point, i like frank just as much as the next guy, maybe even more, but hes not very frank-like lately...his obp is only .328 compared to his 100 points higher career obp of .428 and has more K's (15) than BB's (10)

:(:

But don't you feel that regular at-bats may solve that problem. You can't work out of a slump sitting on the bench. You need regular at-bats.

doublem23
07-02-2005, 03:03 PM
But don't you feel that regular at-bats may solve that problem. You can't work out of a slump sitting on the bench. You need regular at-bats.

He can still get regular at bats while having Carl Everett as insurance.

buehrle4cy05
07-02-2005, 03:33 PM
Nobody here yet has brought up the clubhouse prescense that Everett is. He's one of their leaders, and trading him would probably screw with the clubhouse chemistry.

JB98
07-02-2005, 07:11 PM

Frank isn't getting regular at-bats? When did this happen?

Everett is our most consistent, reliable middle-of-the-order hitter. We have to keep him. Gload has been injured all season, and Anderson has no big-league experience. To think either of those two players can step in and fill the void if Everett is traded is folly. Keep Carl.

Ol' No. 2
07-03-2005, 09:40 AM
Frank isn't getting regular at-bats? When did this happen?

Everett is our most consistent, reliable middle-of-the-order hitter. We have to keep him. Gload has been injured all season, and Anderson has no big-league experience. To think either of those two players can step in and fill the void if Everett is traded is folly. Keep Carl.Frank Thomas is not going to be an every day player this season and perhaps not ever again. I'd not want to play him more than 4-5 days a week. They need Everett for those other days.

MarySwiss
07-03-2005, 10:15 AM
Fellow Sox maniacs:

Just a few thoughts I came up with after surviving yet another extremely stressful nail-biter. (And wasn't that 6th inning fun?)

When you are 54-25 with a 9.5-game division lead, YOU SHOULDN'T TRADE ANYBODY! This is the bunch that got us to this point. Dance with the guys that brung ya.

Frank is fine. Carl is fine. Once Contreras stops shaking off the catchers, he'll be fine, too.

Everything and everyone is fine, we finally beat the damn A's, and it's another beautiful day in Sox Land.

Enjoy it! :supernana:

munchman33
07-03-2005, 11:11 AM
Frank Thomas is not going to be an every day player this season and perhaps not ever again.

I don't believe that.

Ol' No. 2
07-03-2005, 12:12 PM
I don't believe that.I hope you're right, but I don't think that ankle will ever be the same again.

JB98
07-03-2005, 12:45 PM
I don't believe that.

Frank has been laboring on the basepaths. That's for certain. Maybe he can be a full-time player again next year, but in the meantime, I think Ozzie is doing the right thing playing him only two out of every three games. We definitely need to keep Frank healthy, and given the nice lead we have in the division we can afford to use caution with him. Not to mention, Carl has gotten enough ABs to stay sharp, and that's a positive for us.

White Sox Josh
07-03-2005, 01:12 PM
Frank Thomas is not going to be an every day player this season and perhaps not ever again. I'd not want to play him more than 4-5 days a week. They need Everett for those other days.Please you are talking about the greatest player in franchise history. He will be fine. he needs more playing time and he has been hitting the ball harder.

ilsox7
07-03-2005, 03:54 PM
Please you are talking about the greatest player in franchise history. He will be fine. he needs more playing time and he has been hitting the ball harder.

How hard he hits the ball has nothign to do with his ability to run. I think it is a very real possibility that Frank won't be an every day guy again. He's going to have huge difficulties scoring from 2nd on and single, tagging from 3rd on a fly, etc. Only time will tell, but it is a definitely possibility that he gives you 4 games a week.

White Sox Josh
07-03-2005, 04:18 PM
How hard he hits the ball has nothign to do with his ability to run. I think it is a very real possibility that Frank won't be an every day guy again. He's going to have huge difficulties scoring from 2nd on and single, tagging from 3rd on a fly, etc. Only time will tell, but it is a definitely possibility that he gives you 4 games a week.yeah but look at the way Konerko runs. Even when Frank is injured he is still faster than Konerko.

Chisox003
07-03-2005, 04:21 PM
yeah but look at the way Konerko runs. Even when Frank is injured he is still faster than Konerko.

Yes, but Konerko isnt running hurt, so there is no possibility at further injuring himself...If Frank wasnt hurt and he was just s l o w, it'd be different...But thats not the case, and Everett NEEDS to be on this team to give frank a blow every 2 days...

I agree with Ol 2, Frank may never be an everyday player again....Everett is a HUGE part of this team's success thus far, and he will continue to be as long as he's here...Guaranteed

White Sox Josh
07-03-2005, 04:23 PM
Yes, but Konerko isnt running hurt, so there is no possibility at further injuring himself...If Frank wasnt hurt and he was just s l o w, it'd be different...But thats not the case, and Everett NEEDS to be on this team to give frank a blow every 2 days...

I agree with Ol 2, Frank may never be an everyday player again....Everett is a HUGE part of this team's success thus far, and he will continue to be as long as he's here...GuaranteedI agree Everett should stay.

ilsox7
07-03-2005, 05:24 PM
yeah but look at the way Konerko runs. Even when Frank is injured he is still faster than Konerko.

Frank Thomas is a big man who puts a lot of pressure on his feet and ankles. A serious injury like the one he had means it is very reasonable that he will not return to being an every day player. He may or he may not, but nothing is certain as you tried to say.

Optipessimism
07-03-2005, 07:48 PM
There is no way Everett goes anywhere unless it is in a deal to get another bat, which I also don't see happening. Maybe a starter and a reliever, but that is it. And if KW does pick up another bat it will be a 1B, but that is only if Gload can't come back.

IMO, if we see anything soon it is pitching. No reserve bat comes unless Gload gets injured again, which would mean a deal comes near the end of the month.

Tragg
07-03-2005, 11:44 PM
they said they'd only be giving up prospects, I doubt it'll happen

We can't afford to lose his bat, although it would help if he were more help in the field. You need a bench to win.

We don't need prospects this year, but a 3 way deal is possible - everyone (except me) is clammoring for Schmidt - send the prospects to the Giants and Schmidt to us.

balke
07-04-2005, 12:37 AM
Well, I hope Carl stays put. And if he is shipped out, I hope we don't pick up Kent. I hate that guy, and for all the years he's traded to a contender, he's never won the ring. HE helped get the Giants there, but still... I hate that guy.

gr8mexico
07-04-2005, 01:57 AM
It looks like Carl might be on the move to L.A.Drew broke his left wrist.The Dodgers really need some power in the lineup.SAY bye bye and welcome back Gload.VOTE PODSEDNIK!!!!!

Tragg
07-04-2005, 10:17 AM
It looks like Carl might be on the move to L.A.Drew broke his left wrist.The Dodgers really need some power in the lineup.SAY bye bye and welcome back Gload.VOTE PODSEDNIK!!!!!

I missed the nexus - because LA needs him, it means we trade him?

DickAllen72
07-04-2005, 10:37 AM
Looks like either Roger Clemens or Roy Oswalt will be joining the White Sox. El Duque remains on the DL while Contreras has been unimpressive in his last few starts. KW is reportedly seeking another pitcher. Astro's fans better say goodbye to Roy or the Rocket, maybe both!

Brian26
07-04-2005, 10:45 AM
Looks like either Roger Clemens or Roy Oswalt will be joining the White Sox. El Duque remains on the DL while Contreras has been unimpressive in his last few starts. KW is reportedly seeking another pitcher. Astro's fans better say goodbye to Roy or the Rocket, maybe both!

LOL!