PDA

View Full Version : A-Rod and Jeter Locker Room Brawl

DaleJRFan
07-01-2005, 10:20 AM
[b]An error, then some hits?

Did Yankee teammates Derek Jeter and Alex Rodriguez have a locker-room brawl last week?

The two sluggers mixed it up on June 20, after an errant throw from shortstop Jeter to third baseman A-Rod handed the Yankees a 5-4 loss to the last-place Tampa Bay Devil Rays, according to a TV producer loitering in the clubhouse.

"[I] saw them go at it," the source tells Radaronline.com (http://www.radaronline.com/). "A-Rod walked past Jeter's locker and mumbled something about his throw, then Jeter told him to go himself and all hell broke lose. Their teammates were pulling them away from each other.

Says a ball club insider, "Now you have guys like Bernie Williams, who remember winning the World Series, taking Jeter's side, and then you have the [recent] trades, like Tony Womack, taking A-Rod's side." Two Yankee players told The News they had no knowledge of a fight. And team spokesman Rick Cerone labeled the report an "absolute fantasy," and denied any quarreling among the players.

samram
07-01-2005, 10:25 AM
This happened after the game in the Yankees' clubhouse and one guy saw it? Or it was seen by many people, but the NY media decided to keep it quiet? Sorry, not buying it, though I love the thought of the Yankees completely coming apart at the seams.

Ol' No. 2
07-01-2005, 10:30 AM
This happened after the game in the Yankees' clubhouse and one guy saw it? Or it was seen by many people, but the NY media decided to keep it quiet? Sorry, not buying it, though I love the thought of the Yankees completely coming apart at the seams.Depends on when it happened. The source is not necessarily from the media.

Rocklive99
07-01-2005, 10:33 AM
How ironic, I just watched the Jeter 'Sportscentury' about a half hour ago, and of the things they showed was the brawl with Seattle from years ago, while everyone else was fighting, he was standing there joking around with ARod, and caught a lot of heat for that

RKMeibalane
07-01-2005, 10:33 AM
:rolling:

samram
07-01-2005, 10:37 AM
Depends on when it happened. The source is not necessarily from the media.

Well, the guy the article says saw it was a TV producer. Let's disregard that for the moment. Things like this come out, and not six months later- not in NY, not when it's two of the biggest names in the game. This isn't Royce Clayton being an ass on a mediocre team.

Also, the "second source" seems to have a "story" that flows so nicley. The longer-tenured guys like one guy, the shorter-tenured guys like the other.

Jerko
07-01-2005, 10:48 AM
Maybe they were just doing some fielding drills on "how not to jar the ball loose" and A-Rod was demonstrating:

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/writers/tom_verducci/02/01/arod.george/t1_arod.jpg

Ol' No. 2
07-01-2005, 10:56 AM
Well, the guy the article says saw it was a TV producer. Let's disregard that for the moment. Things like this come out, and not six months later- not in NY, not when it's two of the biggest names in the game. This isn't Royce Clayton being an ass on a mediocre team.

Also, the "second source" seems to have a "story" that flows so nicley. The longer-tenured guys like one guy, the shorter-tenured guys like the other.This just came out yesterday. It it's real, you can bet the NY media will be all over it (maybe even if it's not).

The Racehorse
07-01-2005, 11:17 AM
I love the thought of the Yankees completely coming apart at the seams.

If we're keeping score, you can put me in [or down] on that thought process. :cool:

samram
07-01-2005, 11:18 AM
This just came out yesterday. It it's real, you can bet the NY media will be all over it (maybe even if it's not).

Ok, fair enough. If it is true, I'll be made to look like a moron. Won't be the first time.

JB98
07-01-2005, 11:22 AM

Well, the Yankees are a mediocre team, although there isn't any evidence that Choice was involved in the altercation. It would be kind of funny if the Yankees were fighting because certain members of the team wanted to watch "Meet the Parents" in the clubhouse. :D:

Steakpita
07-01-2005, 01:07 PM
Jeter vs. A-Rod would be about as good as watching celebrity female boxing. Can you imagine the two of them slapping at each other and pulling hair?

Notice no one fights Sheffield.

The Racehorse
07-01-2005, 01:14 PM
Jeter vs. A-Rod would be about as good as watching celebrity female boxing. Can you imagine the two of them slapping at each other and pulling hair?

lol ... like two hookers fighting it out over a John.

Cubbiesuck13
07-01-2005, 03:10 PM

Notice no one fights Sheffield.

Did you see him explode at the ump the other night? Roid rage or withdrawls I couldn't tell which.