PDA

View Full Version : Time for Serious Debate - The Rally Cap

Norberto7
06-30-2005, 11:14 PM
Ok, I know there has been a lot of tension around this site lately with trolls and "dark cloud" posters and what not. I figured that I should throw a match onto this whole smoldering pile of oily rags by starting a debate over perhaps the most volatile issue in baseball today: the rally cap.

As far as I know, there are two basic varities(link (http://www.rallycapcouriers.com/pages/rc_styles.html)), the "inside-out" and the shark-fin, or the "crusher", as it is called here. So, which one is it?

For the record, I shall vote "shark-fin". Also for the record, the last time I "shark-finned" it, it didn't work.

Stroker Ace
06-30-2005, 11:21 PM
I go for the inside out.

fquaye149
06-30-2005, 11:38 PM
you've got it all wrong. don't ruin a perfectly good hat especially since neither works.

what you do is hold it upside down like you're panhandling and oscillate it back and forth.

this denotes that the present hitter is "money".

this is how you have a rally. everything else is bush league superstition.

Norberto7
07-01-2005, 12:06 AM
you've got it all wrong. don't ruin a perfectly good hat especially since neither works.

what you do is hold it upside down like you're panhandling and oscillate it back and forth.

this is how you have a rally. everything else is bush league superstition.

This is the first I have heard of this. Sounds kinda complicated. :?:

Plus, my arm always tires out quickly when I'm oscillating it.

fquaye149
07-01-2005, 12:17 AM

SomebodyToldMe
07-01-2005, 12:35 AM
I use the inside out method.

Ol' No. 2
07-01-2005, 09:59 AM
Remember when Rocky Biddle used to fold up his hat into what appeard to be a little hat and wear it on his head as a rally cap? I thought that was hilarious. Does anyone know how he did it?

onenine19
07-01-2005, 10:59 AM

Agreed! This is the only Rally Cap my book.
It has a pretty high success rate as well.:D:

daveeym
07-01-2005, 11:00 AM

this is how you have a rally. everything else is bush league superstition.Ah yes that is another variation. There is also the variation of either keeping the hat normal, raised up with a ball crushing down the middle or also working a ball into sitting on the brim of your cap, either normal or inside out.

The inside out is definitely the most traditional. Although I believe each type of rally cap has it's moments, however in the bigs it takes a special team and special season to get results.

Iwritecode
07-01-2005, 01:42 PM

That's just too funny!

:roflmao:

Thankfully I wasn't drinking anything when I read that or I'd be wiping off my computer moniter right about now... :D:

The Racehorse
07-01-2005, 01:52 PM
At 20-plus bucks a pop, I'm going to mangle a cap for some dumb superstition? ... I don't think so.

jake27
07-01-2005, 01:53 PM
i hate the rally cap. not only does it ruin the cap, i dont think it ever works

fquaye149
07-01-2005, 01:59 PM
or I'd be wiping off my computer moniter right about now... :D: